Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Hakuna matata
Default Creative homework assignments.   #1  
So, my Government teacher is a bit... Annoying... in that she constantly assigns projects, which I'm not a huge fan of. This time, however, our project was to create a fake Facebook page for either Federalists or Anti-Federalists and include what some posts to their wall might be. I could have just drawn up something on some lined paper and turned it in. Instead, I did... THIS!

Have any of you turned an annoying "unconventional" assignment into something awesome?
Can you tell I just edited a bunch of stuff in Paint?

If this thread doesn't belong here, I'm sorry. >.>
Old Posted 02-09-2012, 11:23 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
LOL.

In 10th grade in my English class we had finals in which we got a list of assignment in which each student can pick out for the early finished book Catcher in the Rye. One of them was to turn it into a comic, which is one of the hardest thing to do and we had only 2 weeks to finish it.

well turns out in two weeks I drew 50 pages of comics with selected chapters with an alternate ending since I couldn't wrap it up in a day. I had to present it, which felt awkward. Kids kept laughing about the cover since it looked exactly like the book until they opened a page and they (mostly boys) had their jaws dropped to see the work all in a 3 prong folder sheet protected.

I got a 220/200 and everyone was like a b+

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 02-09-2012, 11:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #3  
...Hm. I should do something like that.

The problem with me is that I've been so much told to get good grades that even the thought of fooling around on a single assignment or test (like right now) is terrifying.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-09-2012, 11:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
O.O Wow. You went all-out. XD How did you get it done in time?
Old Posted 02-09-2012, 11:50 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #5  
тнє ℓσνє σƒ мαgι¢ ιѕ вєуση∂ ƒσяgσттєη
»·,´·˙(´·˙¸ ¸˙·,)˙·,´•·˙·,¯´·˙·• •·˙·,¯´·˙·•╭☆╯•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•´`·.(`·.¸ ¸.·´).·´`·»

☪ஐﻬ☽ Wow that is awesome Echo.

And your project Numb I can't tell it was
done in paint. It looks awesome.

»·,´·˙(´·˙¸ ¸˙·,)˙·,´•·˙·,¯´·˙·• •·˙·,¯´·˙·•╭☆╯•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•´`·.(`·.¸ ¸.·´).·´`·»
uǝʇʇoƃɹoɟ puoʎǝq sı ɔıƃɐɯ ɟo ǝʌol ǝɥʇ
Old Posted 02-10-2012, 12:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
In 8th grade my english teacher wanted us to read a book then try to make a poster of what the 'movie premier poster' would look like.. >>

I chose Demon in my View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

forget who I 'stared' in the 'movie' =w=

I just found it annoying cause I put a CRAP load of work in the poster and the speech i had to give afterwards.. and go an F..

ok.. so you don't like vampire stuff.. I was creative and I did my job.. D<

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 02-10-2012, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #7  

☪ஐﻬ☽ Aww *huggles DK* I am so sorry to
hear that dear. ; ;

Old Posted 02-10-2012, 12:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
It's fine -w-

For health class's "against drugs and booze" project.. I drew sesshoumaru standing over inuyasha's dead body and put the logo as "Look at your parents faces when you tell them you killed you little brother because you were high."

x'D got an F for that one too

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Last edited by Demonskid; 02-10-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old Posted 02-10-2012, 12:51 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #9  

☪ஐﻬ☽ That sucks. That sounds like a awesome poster
to do. Some people I swear suck.

Old Posted 02-10-2012, 01:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Demon - The first one I don't understand. The second one? Yeah, I can get that. >.> If you meant dead instead of head, that is. XD
Old Posted 02-10-2012, 05:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #11  
the first one was to make a poster for the book as if it were being turned into the movie. We were to write a speech about it too.. xp

and yea i meant dead >.> i should stop typing while tired

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 02-10-2012, 05:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Oh, I understood what you meant, I meant that I didn't understand your grade. If that makes sense. XD

I know what you mean. It's all good.
Old Posted 02-10-2012, 06:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #13  
oh.. well.. I'm paranoid about people so I just say they were all out to get me ono

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 02-10-2012, 06:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Maybe they are... Mwahaha!
Old Posted 02-10-2012, 06:06 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #15  
I had to do a novel cover for my commercial design class. For some reason the stuff the prof likes is always the stuff that I scribble in haste and then sratch out because I'm not fond of it.

In Englsh 12 we had to do a major assignment that could be either technical (analyse 8 of 12 poems picked the teacher) or creative (any artistic project that relates to poetry, keeping a journal along the way about how we made it.)

I originally planned to do the technical assignment for times, but kept thinking about stuff for the creative one. I ripped apart a cheap photo-album and put in new pages that I copied poems on, using photo corners to stick them in, and put in drawings and digital images to go with each one. Got a 98% on it, minus 2 because were supposed to suggest our own marking system for the project and it just felt awkward to do that. -.-

I still have the book, and add things to it on occasion.

For Children's Literature in University we had to pick groups and make a dramatic presentation on a particular novel. My group was doing "The Dark Is Rising" and we mock staged a discussion about what the soundtrack of a potential movie would sound like given the role music plays in the book.

My favourite was one of the groups that did "The Hobbit" and staged a tea party at Biblo's house. The girl playing Golum did really well. :)
Old Posted 02-11-2012, 03:14 AM Reply With Quote  
A good friend to talk to when things go to hell in a hand basket.
In college I had to do newsletter on any subject that involved the U of A. So I did mine on the anime club and I got an "A" for it but it was hard work writing the stories, interviewing people in the club, ect.

Please help me on my quest if you can: http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7606
Old Posted 02-11-2012, 11:21 PM Reply With Quote