Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #6657  
Meant to do a lot more crafting ony vacation week. Haven't even finished a single project. But have made okay progress on a shawl I started and am almost finished with an especially magical dragon. Just need to make spine and wings and finish assembling it. Unfortunately...vacation is over so it's back to the 6 day work week tomorrow. xP
Old Posted 06-25-2023, 10:51 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Magical dragon sounds cool!

I just adopted a really beautiful 3D printed hippocampus.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-25-2023, 10:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6659  
The magical dragon will have horns and wings that change from off-white to pink in the sunlight. Should hopefully get it finished today but maybe Tues/Wed at the latest.

Oooh hippocampus sounds fun! Tbh, I picked up a 3d printed rainbow rose dragon at the farmers market Saturday. It was too pretty to leave behind!
Old Posted 06-26-2023, 01:26 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Oh! I'm looking forward to when I get to see some of that colour change yarn, or the glow in the dark. So far I've only met up with scented and sparkle, and sparkle's nothing really wowie.

I have a rose dragon! A friend bought her for me last Christmas! She's a medium size purple one. I also have a rose turtle printed by the same people who printed the water horse.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-27-2023, 12:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6661  
Glow in the dark yarn's expensive but it looks so cool. I'm currently working on trying to decide if I want to try and knit a cover for my parasol frame or try crocheting it. I already crocheted a cover for the top part. I'm probably gonna try and crochet tip covers for it, too, once the main cover is done and sewn on.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 06-27-2023, 03:38 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
And now I'm imagining a glow in the dark parasol, even though I know that isn't what you were talking about.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-27-2023, 12:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6663  
...that'd be fun. if I could get sufficient quantities of the yarn at a good price. I'm using Bernat Baby (100% acrylic) in white for this one though, so it'll work to keep me cool and look pretty, and I can just toss it in the wash when it gets dirty. I plan on making it so I can just tie it on and then take it off

Quote:
Old Posted 06-27-2023, 06:18 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
That sounds like a good idea. And you'd be able to poke a few artificial flowers through the cover sometimes for decoration, without spoiling it.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-02-2023, 11:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6665  
I absolutely demand pics of the parasol when it's done!
Tbh, I want to make one, but there aren't really any loom knit patterns for parasols and I'm not great at pattern conversion. Or pattern making. xP

Plus I have a billion other projects to work on including attempting to convert a knit cable sweater pattern into a smaller loom knit cable scarf pattern because my one friend bought me the Hayes aran knit sweater patten in the hope that I could make myself a scarf with it, but of course the sweater pattern doesn't have the simple, smaller scarf cable section because it's meant for...well, a sweater. So in addition to converting from needle to loom knit, I also have to try to cut the cable section down to fit a scarf. Or just go absolutely nuts and enlarge it to make a blanket. One of the two.
Old Posted 07-03-2023, 10:52 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Could you knit some triangles and sew them together to make a circle, Kaderin? For the parasol cover?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-03-2023, 03:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6667  
I mean...maybe, but I would still have to figure out how to make each triangle the right size so it fits with the others without being too big or small. Plus figure out any particular lace design per triangle if I wanted something fancy.
Old Posted 07-03-2023, 06:07 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Ah, true. Hmmm.

I fixed a tomato based stew today. It's got Asian sweet potato, turkey bacon ends, and Babybel cheese in it.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-03-2023, 11:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6669  
I have frogged and restarted the parasol cover so many times now. I'm about ready to just look for one online that actually fits the style I have.

In the meantime, I'm working along with a mystery crochet pattern from the 1840s on Just Vintage Crochet's channel.

Quote:
Old Posted 07-04-2023, 09:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
In non-craft news, I have decided to actually clean up my place properly (which would be easier to do if the friend that keeps saying they'll help me take stuff to goodwill would actually do it) and have dug out all the dishes from my cabinets so I wan wash everything, clean off the shelves, and reorganize it. And also get rid of excess dishes and pans that I never use.
Gonna see about taking some boxes home this week for more packing up of dishes and clothes to get rid of.
And if friend doesn't actually help soon, I might just take it all out to the dumpsters. I don't want to as it's wasteful, but I just want it all gone asap.
Old Posted 07-05-2023, 03:00 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6671  
*sympathy for Den*

Awk! Not the dumpsters, Kaderin!

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-06-2023, 12:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I mean....a lot of this stuff has been sitting in my apartment for close to a year waiting for the friend to help move it out...so if they don't help soon, it's going to the dumpster.
I don't like it, but I don't really have much of a choice other than living in a cluttered apartment that looks half like I'm moving and is bad for my mental health so...
Old Posted 07-06-2023, 11:41 AM Reply With Quote