Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

gnometastic
Default   #17  
::face palm:: i haaaaate when people do that to animals, they DONT know how to survive, so you're parents pretty much killed the birds the cheap way. I know that's mean, but it's true.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 04-23-2011, 09:49 PM  
Poconut Overlord
@Star: Bye! And the Easter Bunny? O-o You must be on the other side of the globe.

@Fey: Yeah I know...I don't know if they knew that though it's possible they were tired of the birds lol. I can only remember crying in the house while my dad let them out of their cages. What birds they were idk.

Haven't had an interest in animals now that i'm older though. I know how to care for them well but I just don't form attachments with them. Three dogs of ours died last year. While everyone else mourned I felt bad for not caring they were gone. Even though I had buried one of them myself.
Old Posted 04-23-2011, 09:56 PM  
gnometastic
Default   #19  
not surprising if you weren't close to 'em, no need to feel bad. not everyone is an animal person, I joke I was raised by cats, so I'll always be a cat person. teaching the dog was just proving that I can think outside the box ;) b'sides, dogs are easy.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

Old Posted 04-23-2011, 09:58 PM  
Poconut Overlord
lol
I've never taken care of a cat before so there's no comparison for me. Only that dogs are easier to shrug off when they want attention. Whereas cats...are not as much xP
Old Posted 04-23-2011, 10:08 PM  
gnometastic
Default   #21  
LOL yeah, that's true. dogs are easier cause they want to please, cats reaaaaaaally don't care. I can teach a dog to do most anything, just gotta find what it wants. I can teach cats...but it takes a lot more patience.

Old Posted 04-23-2011, 10:14 PM  
Poconut Overlord
Which is what annoys me so much xD I have a couple friends with cats, one who has like a dozen. Do no want to be on the bad side of that many felines but most of the time my feelings are along the lines of "Leave me alone Dammit!" xD

Have you ever played DnD online?
Old Posted 04-23-2011, 10:17 PM  
gnometastic
Default   #23  
I've not done DnD online..I've wanted too, but my computer is old, the video card won't let me.

You wanna be on the good side of the cats? I got two tricks ;) One, crush a bit of mint(fresh) and rub it on your shoes before you head over. If you leave your shoes on the cats will be alllllllll over you. If you take 'em off they'll moon all over your shoes while you're there. The other trick, if you want to be left alone, is put a bit of peppermint oil in the same place.

Old Posted 04-23-2011, 10:22 PM  
Poconut Overlord
So the trick is peppermint oil? Well that's...easy if I can apply it right. Thanks =)

ah, that kind of problem. I wasn't able to run any online games until I got my current laptop. It's actually a little below standard hardware and does fine. But getting the money is a whole 'nother thing, especially with other priority x-x; I've been wanting to get a new one since this is two years old but can't cause there are bills to pay xP
Old Posted 04-23-2011, 10:29 PM  
gnometastic
Default   #25  
yeeeeeah, paying for a game I play for free two times a week seems a bit silly to me.... But I'll probably cave when I get a new computer(sometime) and then we'll see if I ever get outside again.

if peppermint oil doesn't work try camphor(moth balls) most cats will avoid both, but it's a bit more obnoxious to us than peppermint.

Old Posted 04-23-2011, 10:32 PM  
Poconut Overlord
lol oh you'll get out...at least to go to school or work xD
ah, what games are those?

I haven't played DnD in foreverrr. Right now I only play Wizard 101 in my free time. Slower paced than most, but surprisingly addictive. I don't ever remember finding system specs for the game though, which was highly frustrating when i was looking into it.

...never seen moth balls in my life. If I ever get to see my friends on more than a tri-yearly basis I'll put that to use. It's sad when life gets in the way that much :C
Old Posted 04-23-2011, 10:38 PM  
gnometastic
Default   #27  
I play in two DnD games, well...Pathfinder, it's based off DnD 3.5 so it counts. In one I'm a rogue gnome the other I'm a halfling monk(with a mohawk). I find it so hard to play the monk, she's lawful and that's haaaaaaard, at least for me.

Old Posted 04-23-2011, 10:41 PM  
Poconut Overlord
hmm wait...you're paying to play that game twice a week? o.O
Halfing monk...awesooome! :D I can play lawful easily but I normally suck at monks. I just like the looks and being mysterious/cryptic xD

Why is it hard to play lawful exactly? I don't know your tendencies. Though for me I tend to be steady neutral. Acting lawful because going against the grain would make things harder. Except when in danger...or treasure. I LOVE treasure xD

EDIT:
Artistic Note: Star Seeker's avatar is now frustrating me xP
And there is no one else to draw at the moment =(
(sorry Fey your current avatar just feels incomplete ^^; )
Old Posted 04-23-2011, 10:57 PM  
gnometastic
Default   #29  
LMAO NO, I don't want to pay for a game I'm already playing for free. I table top for the cost of getting to the GMs house(which is free). That's what I was meaning :)

And I have issues cause I normally play neutral or chaotic, and lawful(good) is veeeeeery hard to play, it's really against how I normally react. It's mostly just doing things because it's RIGHT, I'm used to doing it becasue it's beneficial to my character.

As to my av, it's done, it's actual a character cosplay, so it won't be changing until I gets more of her other costume bits together. :) But they're really not options, so I'm collecting other character cosplays while I wait and save up monies :D

Old Posted 04-23-2011, 11:02 PM  
Wanderer
Espy totally forgot to say hai...
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 04-23-2011, 11:27 PM  
gnometastic
Default   #31  
Haaaaai ::waves:: welcome to the ramblings :D

Old Posted 04-23-2011, 11:28 PM  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Lucid is not used to seeing Espy wearing purple. *o*

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 04-23-2011, 11:28 PM