Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixelist
Default   #2193  
aye, yeah, i've been trying to get into some voice acting. kinda hard if you don't already have connections, though.

most of the pain comes from my jaw being too small and thus teeth start overlapping. also apparently SSRIs can mess with NSAIDS, making them less effective.

i've already taken 800mg of ibuprofen today, and the maximum limit for adults seems to be around 3,200mg, though this could depend on weight and other risk factors.

also, yes, i could qualify for free dental, but i'd still prefer not to go to the dentist. mostly because any shit done to my teeth would require that i eat soft foods for a few days, most of which i probably won't like, and mostly because it feels rude to use people's equipment and professional stuff without paying.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 07-29-2022, 01:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
You're using a service that is being offered for free, not stealing. If they thought it was rude, they wouldn't offer it.

Back when I got my wisdom out, I was taking three advils every six hours, I think. That's 600mg of ibuprofen every six hours, and I'm a very small person. As long as it's just for a couple days, it's fine, but be careful, because you absolutely can develop a dependence on ibuprofen; had a friend do that back in high school.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 07-29-2022, 08:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
Default   #2195  
Hm, to be honest, I don't really know anyone looking for voice actors, think most hire through sites like that five minute one, etc. At one point, knew someone was hiring some via DevArt but again, very rare to see folks looking there.

Tech the NHS is paying for it, and I know folks overseas that would swap to be able to have free health and dental care. It's not cheap in the US, I only went to the doctor/Hospital if I was really sick which now in the UK, upsets my mum cause she's like, it's free, go get things checked out but when it's been drilled in you to only go when really needed.

I can't really swallow tablets so I usually just sucked on a piece of ice when things got really bad with mine. But yea, have seen folks get addicted to all kinds of shit, kind of why I only use pain relievers when I really need them. And doesn't help when someone you know.. tech ended their life with them.. it's kind of a wake up call how deadly a lot of that medicine can be.

~In Loving Memory:~
To my sister and best friend since Kindergarten - Jenni
To a beautiful soul - Jessica
My Father, Daniel.
To the wise ass on my first day of College - Conor
To the unique bro in law - Eugene
To the one I never got to really know - John

Old Posted 07-29-2022, 09:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
kinda wild that stores are allowed to sell it.

the good news is that i'm not in any pain today, for the moment, at least, it's more towards a bit sensitive.

i'd still prefer not to go to the dentist if possible bc they'd probably yell at me over not doing dental hygiene stuff enough. i go through cycles of being able to do that.

Old Posted 07-30-2022, 02:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #2197  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbsworth View Post
i go through cycles of being able to do that.
Mood, but IDK if yours is also like... bad-brain-day-related.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 07-30-2022, 05:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
yeah, it might be.

Old Posted 07-30-2022, 06:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #2199  
Trying not to have another meltdown...failing.
Old Posted 07-30-2022, 11:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
i was abt to ask if there was anything i could do for the above poster, then realized it was posted at 4 am in GMT. whoops. either way i'm here if you need to natter, mecha.

hmmmmm time to worry about a friend, i think.

Old Posted 07-31-2022, 08:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #2201  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbsworth View Post
i was abt to ask if there was anything i could do for the above poster, then realized it was posted at 4 am in GMT. whoops. either way i'm here if you need to natter, mecha.

hmmmmm time to worry about a friend, i think.
Thank you. I'll keep that in mind. Hope your friend is okay.
Old Posted 07-31-2022, 02:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
guy that's still stalking me is still stalking me. i will call him out on tumblr for this.

not happy that he thought that following my artfight account would be without consequence. i may be a pussy, but i do not like having boundaries crossed.

Old Posted 08-01-2022, 02:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #2203  
Ah yes....what I feared is happening. I didn't double check my account balance before they disabled the previous bank app... so rent is due today and I don't know if I have enough in checking to cover it or if I need to transfer a little over from savings and also don't know if my previous account info will still work for online bills but don't have my new account information yet to update it either.

Update: as of almost noon, still nothing with my online login stuff so I'll probably stop by the bank on my way home today to see if I can get it figured out. If nothing else at least check my account balances and get the rent payment figured out. XP

Update 2: despite my anxiety riddled rambling, the lady at the bank got me squared away for tge needing to pay rent though online banking is still not solved
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 08-01-2022 at 04:22 PM.
Old Posted 08-01-2022, 10:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
And on a whole other level of "jfc what else could go wrong?!?"...needed to buy cat litter. Got the usual 17lb tub because it's a bitch to carry home, but doable and I like getting that one so I can put the used litter in the empty tubs for easier disposable.
But forgot it's the hottest day of the year today. And so have run out of water, proceeded to over exert myself causing me first to hyperventilate and then to have an anxiety attack all on the side one of the busiest streets in town so everyone driving past probably thinks I'm a filthy vagrant. XP
Old Posted 08-01-2022, 05:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #2205  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
And on a whole other level of "jfc what else could go wrong?!?"...needed to buy cat litter. Got the usual 17lb tub because it's a bitch to carry home, but doable and I like getting that one so I can put the used litter in the empty tubs for easier disposable.
But forgot it's the hottest day of the year today. And so have run out of water, proceeded to over exert myself causing me first to hyperventilate and then to have an anxiety attack all on the side one of the busiest streets in town so everyone driving past probably thinks I'm a filthy vagrant. XP
I get the 38lb packs. Ain't no way I'm carrying that thing farther than necessary. @.@
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-01-2022, 06:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
mon ami, my teeth.

Old Posted 08-02-2022, 09:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #2207  
i am twenty in a day. don't like that.

Old Posted 08-02-2022, 09:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
I get the 38lb packs. Ain't no way I'm carrying that thing farther than necessary. @.@
I mean....technically I did only carry the 17lb one as far as necessary...it just happened to be approximately 15 or more city blocks...
>.>
The joys of being too broke for a car.
I could have, and should have, gotten a small container of the litter just to get through the week and picked up the big one next week when my friend was more likely to be available to give me a ride though. I'm just dumb and headstrong and stubborn though. XP

...aaand am still waiting to get my temporary password from the new bank for setting up online banking. Gonna hit an atm on my lunch break just to check my balance and make sure my direct deposit came through okay since I still need to update that info (though they said it should still work for several months).
Old Posted 08-03-2022, 11:57 AM Reply With Quote