Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #65  
OK.. she said nothing worked as in Nothing moved. it was just a pretty picture of still pixels. she tried refreshing and clearing her cache and stuff.

maybe that's more helpful than -nothing works- x'D

-will this be added to trisphee when its finished? *u*

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 04-12-2015, 02:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
... just to check, did she try unpausing the game? If it lags while it's loading it pauses itself. I really can't imagine why a browser based on Chromium would get far enough into the code to render a full screen and then stop working entirely.

Once I get a title screen in, this won't be an issue.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-13-2015, 02:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #67  
she tried all the controls even unpausing it. nothing worked and it was just a still screen.

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 04-13-2015, 03:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Huh. That really doesn't make any sense at all. The only thing I can think of from here is to see if there's any information in the Javascript console about any errors that may have occurred, but I don't know that browser well enough to explain how to do that -- it's not something that's usually necessary for end-users.

Maybe I'll see if I can add some debugging features to the game so people can report crashes more easily.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-13-2015, 03:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #69  
I've added some crash logging now. It would be insightful to see what the result is.

Old Posted 04-13-2015, 05:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
my friend is ignoring me now so I dunno if she's trying to play it or not ><

sorry =(

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 04-14-2015, 07:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #71  
Gravity Runner Crystal Caverns of Kalin updated!

There's a title screen on the game now! It gives information about the game controls and offers the choice between standard play and free play.

I rescaled how scoring works since this thread was last active; apparently I never posted about that here. If you have historical high scores, they'll be automatically rescaled to the new scheme.

I did some work on touchscreen support, so it should work more reliably now, but I haven't been able test it on any actual touchscreen devices yet, only a simulated one.

The UI controls give feedback when they're triggered now, so (especially for touchscreen players) there's more visible notification that you're doing something. It's a little thing, but I think it adds to the polish.

I think I fixed the bug where the game doesn't start up after the page finishes loading, and since it can sometimes take a few seconds I added a (quick and dirty) loading indicator to show that no, the game isn't broken, it's still working.

Old Posted 11-18-2015, 05:26 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Gravity Runner Crystal Caverns of Kalin updated!

There's a title screen on the game now! It gives information about the game controls and offers the choice between standard play and free play.

I rescaled how scoring works since this thread was last active; apparently I never posted about that here. If you have historical high scores, they'll be automatically rescaled to the new scheme.

I did some work on touchscreen support, so it should work more reliably now, but I haven't been able test it on any actual touchscreen devices yet, only a simulated one.

The UI controls give feedback when they're triggered now, so (especially for touchscreen players) there's more visible notification that you're doing something. It's a little thing, but I think it adds to the polish.

I think I fixed the bug where the game doesn't start up after the page finishes loading, and since it can sometimes take a few seconds I added a (quick and dirty) loading indicator to show that no, the game isn't broken, it's still working.
Looking awesome!
I'm glad the name was finally settled on.

Old Posted 11-18-2015, 05:46 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #73  
I'll try that tomorrow, don't feel like it tonight.

Old Posted 11-18-2015, 11:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Another big update!

You can collect prize bubbles now! They don't DO anything because the game isn't hooked into Trisphee's system yet, but you can pick them up and then choose one after the game is over.

And speaking of game over: There's now a life counter! You get three lives (with courtesy retries if you die very quickly after starting the life, much like in pinball) and you try your best to collect as many items as you can in those three lives. The more you collect during the game, the more options you have to choose from when it's over!

Basically, the game just needs hooked into Trisphee's systems now, so I'm REALLY interested in feedback (especially bug reports) on what's here now.

Old Posted 11-29-2015, 02:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Tasty Zucchini!
Default   #75  
I was playing Shells and I got up to 22:5, when there was some kind of glitch. The blue cannon fired a shot, but it just stopped in the barrel, and then the game froze.
Old Posted 12-26-2015, 10:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Huh. That's really odd. Sounds like your browser did something unexpected. Not sure I can actually do anything about that without having a Javascript crash log, and Shells doesn't have a crash reporter like Gravity Runner does.

Old Posted 12-26-2015, 02:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Tasty Zucchini!
Default   #77  
Also, Gravity Runner won't load for me. It says Loading... and then never finishes. Could be because my laptop is potato, though.
Old Posted 12-26-2015, 02:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
How long have you let it wait? Can you check to see if there's something in the Javascript console?

Old Posted 12-26-2015, 02:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Tasty Zucchini!
Default   #79  
How do I find the Javascript console?
Old Posted 12-26-2015, 03:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
First question is, which browser are you using?

Old Posted 12-26-2015, 03:17 PM Reply With Quote