Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Closed Thread

Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
The same can be said for yearlies, and if you aren't interested in paying 50 runes for yearlies, do you think a whole lot of people would pay 40 runes for re-coloured monthlies?

As said, the old colour sets would be retired so while the item would be re-released, the original colour scheme would still retain it's rarity.

I'm rather indifferent really, but for the sake of argument I would like to see something offered as a yearlie, even if it's only one or two items.
I was giving suggestions? I honestly have little to no suggestions for the yearlies because I rarely buy them so therefore, don't really care for them. ^-^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
This would be the thread for that discussion, I believe. And as for your reaction on rereleasing Monthlies, that is the same exact thing we would be doing for Yearlies, so it's important we hear thoughts like yours before we move forward. Remember, if you, or any other users, have alternative suggestions, we ARE open to hear them.
I just did? ._.
My DeviantART
I get distracted easily, Private Message me for faster responses.
Last edited by Obsidian; 11-20-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old Posted 11-20-2013, 09:52 PM  
Bald and loving it!
It will depend on the color and the item for me.
Especially since not every thing works in the most popular color palettes.
Old Posted 11-20-2013, 10:08 PM  
Mother Ship
Default   #19  
Are you going to have the 2013 yearlies out until the end of December? That might be a good idea so that you have enough time to get the new items ready.

Perhaps you could have a selection of recolors of the most popular and/or most useful monthlies and yearlies for the 2014 selections. You might even make "new" items from combining recolors of selected popular poses from monthlies and yearlies into something different.
Buying Runes! Halp?
Old Posted 11-20-2013, 10:36 PM  
Barrel of Monkeys
I think recolors of 2013 monthlies would be best :3 I don't think yearlies should be recolored just yet.
Questing

[ ] Head of Adam
[ ] Ripped Bod
Old Posted 11-20-2013, 10:37 PM  
We're all mad here.
Default   #21  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
I was giving suggestions? I honestly have little to no suggestions for the yearlies because I rarely buy them so therefore, don't really care for them. ^-^;
Suggestions are fine. You just sounded rather vehement about re-releasing the monthlies, is all.
Old Posted 11-20-2013, 10:44 PM  
Webcomicker!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Pricing? Depends, are we buying 1 color variation or multiple like we normally do? If it's 1 color variation then a $3 price point sounds more reasonable then a $4-5 price point.
Negotiating prices is also what I want to see as part of this discussion so thank you for bringing it up. If popular demand shows they should cost 30 Runes instead of 40, I'm not against that. I just want them higher than the usual Monthlies and lower than the current Yearlies. So 30 or 40 works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Spirit Girl View Post
Are you going to have the 2013 yearlies out until the end of December? That might be a good idea so that you have enough time to get the new items ready.

Perhaps you could have a selection of recolors of the most popular and/or most useful monthlies and yearlies for the 2014 selections. You might even make "new" items from combining recolors of selected popular poses from monthlies and yearlies into something different.
Yes, the current Yearlies will be available until the end of December. That idea does sound interesting. I'm not sure how well some items will look combined though. xD

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Last edited by Taiki; 11-20-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old Posted 11-20-2013, 10:59 PM  
Necromancer
Default   #23  
I think you should put up a small poll/thread to see what color combos people like the most and want to see.
"Selfish, I suppose. Not to want to spend my entire life screaming on the inside."

Old Posted 11-20-2013, 11:21 PM  
draws the naughty bits
My vote is for the recolored yearlies (despite agreeing Aloros would look amazing with some other colors and really wanting to see that one haha)
Mostly because these are my favorite set of yearlies we've ever had and I would love them in other colors, just to have even more options
but of course if the choice is something else I wouldn't mind - I'd hate to see no option for a yearlie item at all but if that's what happens, that's what happens

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 12:23 AM  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #25  
My options is going towards the 2013 monthlies. There was alot of you who suggested different colours for quite a few of them and reasonably this is actually the chance to get those for you guys.

Obsid - o___o I am confused, how come you don't want them recoloured? This will not hurt their rarity, if you have the earlier additions of these items than in reality they would be much rarer than the newly recoloured ones because as Taiki said they didn't get much circulation in the community. So this is actually going to make them more rare and valuable?

Old Posted 11-21-2013, 12:39 AM  
Webcomicker!
Personally I'm torn between the Yearlies and Monthlies recolor options. I feel like maybe the best option would be putting all the items (all Rune Monthlies & current Yearlies) to a vote and picking the 9 or 10 most voted for but I feel like mixing Yearlies and Monthlies may be confusing. I dunno... they're all such pretty items!

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 01:18 AM  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #27  
BI I think we should choose either or. the yearlies and the monthlies have different pose counts, so it's going to be easier in the long run for everyone if we just picked on or the other.

Old Posted 11-21-2013, 01:28 AM  
Lynx Rufus
But but Nexxy we wish to give you work...
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 01:47 AM  
It Won't Stop
Default   #29  
I'm for mixed myself. Even if some end up having more poses than others because of the monthly/yearly difference, at least we'll know it's items people want.

I sort of like the mixing poses from different items idea, too. We have enough by this point that we can have themed funbag items. Bodymods in one, strappy leathery things in another, or what have you.

But even if we keep it simple with just one or the other, the sooner we get it figured, the sooner we can get to work! So speak, people!

Old Posted 11-21-2013, 01:50 AM  
More Magic
I'm very sad to hear this, especially the part about there no longer being monthly Aurum DIs >.<. I always though those contributed a lot as an Aurum sink (but, then again, I might very well be the only one who always spent almost all of my Aurum whenever a new one came along ^^;).

Still, no Aurum monthly items is better than no DIs at all, that and the site does need money to run :3. The only thing I'd like to know right now would be if the December DIs will have an Arum one as well, just so I know if I should keep saving my Aurum or just try to buy some more event items I've missed and/or DIs ^^;. Still, this is not that important right now.

I think a poll would be for the best to decide what DIs will get a recolor for the month. Maybe you could recolor 1 monthly and 1 yearly every month until you run out of yearlies to recolor?

The one thing I'm not sure about is whether you should add the Aurum DIs to the poll or not but I don't think most people here would have a problem with you re-releasing them as recolors for Runes.

Another thing I'd like to inquire about is about the Anka Eggs, will these also feature recolors of past popular items and if so will they also have a poll. I'd actually like to see something like this as well due to the Anka Eggs being (from what I've heard) a "bit" similar to chance items/RIGs so re-releasing recolors of former Anka Egg items would help place more items into circulation.

I can understand why people would rather not have more re-releases though >.>.

Still, I hope Trisphee gets back on it's feet soon, I'd hate it for another site which's avatars/items I really like to close TT.TT, I'm still sad about Crysandrea not coming back T.T.
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 05:42 AM  
isn't that funny
Default   #31  
i think a mix-bag of understated and interesting poses from monthlies and yearlies would be nice, of course i mean legitimately interesting things like the aloros hands, the leviathan's jem, and other notable pieces(nothing like recoloring shoes or small bits of jewelry, that is coping out)
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 07:00 AM  
I Make Clothes o//u//o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
but not every yearly would look good recolored.
Is this a challenge, Ilu?
cause i accept.
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 10:06 AM  
Closed Thread