Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It Won't Stop
Default   #33  
On these items, I'm afraid it's unlikely, but we do have open minds to reasonable edits, fixes, and/or additions in general with our items. Mostly what we hear here, we keep in mind for future items. For example, I personally often ask opinions and put a lot of time into figuring out what colors will work best on items, and balance that against what sorts of things they're likely to be paired with, what users have been wanting more of, what we have an imbalance of for that particular release, etc.

Our designers often to a lot of research to get certain feels to fit their themes, though sometimes that line is blurred for the sake of artistic interpretation or general inspiration. And all of our pixelists are constantly seeking to improve, often getting opinions from one another and other staffers before anything is finalized.

Old Posted 07-05-2013, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote  
I Make Clothes o//u//o
what she said.
all of thee opinions are valid.

unless its just " ewww grossss" cause thats not helpfull oAo its just vague and where like " I DONT KNWOW HAT YOU WANT FROM MEEE QAQ "
Old Posted 07-05-2013, 09:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #35  
Is there any way that staff could get a popular request?
Like maybe...list some ideas, have people vote? Whilst keeping the item a mystery?

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 07-05-2013, 09:19 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
lauv, at that point there is the risk of copyright infringement and discord, the users would be unhappy to hear a 'no' on something they voted for but if the idea is not one the site is allowed to use(say the mylittlepony horses or godofwar weapondry) then they would have to say no

too much risk of making everyone unhappy, that and the problem with voting is that the majority vote wins but not necessarily the bulk of users will get what they want
Old Posted 07-05-2013, 09:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Lurker of Lurkiness
Default   #37  
Could users have a vote as to what old DIs we could re-release with different colors? I'd love to see DIs in colors I never use be re-released with different ones. Maybe it even could be a 4th DI and do one every month or something? I dunno XD

I've mentioned this idea before, but I think it was in the staff forum... I dunno how users would feel about it.

Edit: Or maybe vote for "continuations" for old DIs. Like, keep the same theme and make more poses to go along with the original, but it's a new DI? Hey, I'm just throwing ideas around that would give users some say. -nod-
As fabulous and pretty as they are, Ulti's avatars are always male~

Please use "he"/"him" or "they"/"them" pronouns when referring to me please <3

User since 9-22-10

I love it when people use my Sinopa emotes~ <3
~
Old Posted 07-05-2013, 10:45 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
i am game for an old di recolor~ like first or second year though, nothing super new
Old Posted 07-05-2013, 10:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Lurker of Lurkiness
Default   #39  
I know Gaia did it with some items, but I think they were only RIGs that were impossible to get x.X;

User since 9-22-10

~
Old Posted 07-05-2013, 11:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Well I am game for what ever as long as A, the users actually pay for it since they are suggesting it as in buy it and use it, and B we get another pixelist that we can spare to do it otherwise things will continue to be late.
Old Posted 07-05-2013, 11:24 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #41  
they did it with all sorts of popular items like reves and winter roses which had dozens in circulation at any given time
Old Posted 07-05-2013, 11:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
I think that is why Ernya did the re-release of its spells.
Old Posted 07-05-2013, 11:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Lurker of Lurkiness
Default   #43  
Quote:
Originally Posted by littl3chocobo View Post
they did it with all sorts of popular items like reves and winter roses which had dozens in circulation at any given time
Haha I haven't been on in so long, I have NO idea what you are talking about XDD

User since 9-22-10

~
Old Posted 07-05-2013, 11:29 PM Reply With Quote  
I Make Clothes o//u//o
@A@ taht reminds me on an idea i had thsi morning
limited idiot contest prize only items
that has like a very limilted emought and only first prize winners of event contests get them
Old Posted 07-06-2013, 12:00 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #45  
but what contests would be fair? art and writing are definatly restricted, avi contests are biased and lottos are only good if you get bids
Old Posted 07-06-2013, 12:11 AM Reply With Quote  
I Make Clothes o//u//o
would that leave us those tresure hunt games?
OH WHAT ABOUT RIDLES?

honestly i tought maby there would be one rare prize per type of contest so tehre difrnt chnaces to win for people with difrent abilitiees
and im sorry for bad tipping im like half sleep dead now
Old Posted 07-06-2013, 12:18 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #47  
treasurehunts would hurt those who have restricted schedules or locations, i know in the last one i couldn't leave my house unless i walked and it was three hours to get to town where i would have needed to be for some of the shots

the kind of riddle that needs a lot of tris knowlege or the sort google can answer? XD
Old Posted 07-06-2013, 12:22 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
The problem with recolors is that Fen doesn't have all the files for some of the old items (as far as she told me in the past..) And some of the other staff have a few here and there.
But also recreating a item in the old items image is certainly a better idea. (As long as they remain recolors, and the older file couldn't be found.)

But there would have to be rules about the recolors, like no items from the current year, or you can only choose between either the ADI's or the DI's to limit the amount of items.
And it would be very cool to have people vote for this during a big event, then release the recolor during a smaller event. (Maybe even as a prize for playing forum games, I've been saying this for years that forum games need better incentives in general...) Selling them for runes is an option too :/ (Maybe it's a better idea to make the old DI items cost runes to buy, and give away recolor ADI's in contests?)

Old Posted 07-06-2013, 12:28 AM Reply With Quote