Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

I Make Clothes o//u//o
Default How is Monmon's Driving (item design reated tread)   #1  
fun fact: i cant drive.

Hi everyone, I've been working here since august making items and clothing for you and i was wondering if you could give out some criticism or comments about certain things to help improve for the future.

I do have many many items stashed away waiting to be made but i still want to hear what you guys think.

Items I have designed up to now: (that have been released)

Items i helped pixel:

Items i recolored: (not including colors of original design)
- The lavender pink ninja
- the alt colors of the Candy Corn princess set
- Alts of Pumpkin and pumpkin bag
- the Blond Brown Red version of Hunter of the Wicked
- The Alts of Avatar of the Gale

Design Related:

Do you feel that I have managed to design useful items?

Do you like the items?

Have you noticed something about my items that have bothered you?

Is there something that you wish for me to make more of?

If you have one, which is your favorite item that i have designed?

What would you like to see more of? what would you like to see less of?

What would you say are my strengths and weaknesses?

Pixeling related:

Have i improved between then and now?

What do you think are my strengths and weaknesses on pixelling

Recoloring:
Have i chosen good colors for these items?

Are they of use to you?

Any other comments?

So yeah ouo' any criticism helps. compliments too.

Last edited by Monmon; 01-03-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old Posted 01-03-2013, 12:34 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Design Related:

- Yes. honestly with all my heart I love your designs. The items are new and fresh and cunning.

Do you like the items?

- most graciously

- some of the different splits on items are hard for me to work with because I picky about my colors but overall I find a way to make them work. Maybe I should just be more open to new things lol

- head wear. face wear. top legs / bottom of legs < separate to cover those odd blank spots I get sometimes >

- OMG... uh uh uh uh... NINJA! NO.. KOI... wait... Celtic yearly of awesome sexyness... @-@ I love them all I can't choose.

- Manly man items yes. less rainbow.

- complex multi color designs are your strength / simple one color commons don't seem to have your flare (maybe if you could make layered sets of all one color commons to make complex - simple items? lol idk )

Pixeling related:

- yes.

-shadows and lighting? i think.. but i'm no artist

Recoloring:

- yes. they are new and bright and shiny and awesome

Are they of use to you?

- sometimes less then others but it opens more options for others so I'm not complaining

Any other comments?

sexy sexy arrrt- sexxy sexyy arrrt-s
lol
idk lack of sleep makes me crazy
"It's in the stars.
It's been written in the scars on our hearts.

Your head is running wild again, my dear.
We still have everythin'.
We're not broken, just bent.
I'll fix it for us.
Our love's enough. "
Old Posted 01-03-2013, 12:49 PM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #3  
Maybe I should make a thread like this, too... but then again, I don't like hearing my crap sucks. xD;
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 01-03-2013, 05:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I'd make a thread like this if I wasn't quite...lacking...in the amount of items designed.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 01-03-2013, 05:28 PM Reply With Quote  
I Make Clothes o//u//o
Default   #5  
Batty your items dont suck +__+
stop saying that.

and you gusy should
tought no one but miz gave imput on mine x'D
Old Posted 01-03-2013, 05:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Design Related:

Definitely. Although some of your poses for the past monthlies have been a bit big and therefore harder to layer.

Do you like the items?
Of course.

We both have the same problem of doing sets in the form of headgear/top/bottom/belt/gloves/legs/feet, but you seem to be getting better at making poses more varied in terms of type.

Hm...-cough- RPG stuff.

One that has not yet been pixeled. -nods-

First part is covered by another question up there. Less of...? I mean, I really, really love the Japanese-themed items, but I think we have enough of that on Tris already.

As I mentioned, you've gotten better at varying your pose types (I don't think I've improved much, though)...It's hard to decide what's a strength ad what's a weakness when all of our designers have very different styles.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 01-03-2013, 06:09 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #7  
Monmon I love ALLLLL your items they are so prettyyyyy. *U* I wish you would make more of everything! My favorite is either Unicorn or Koi. Make more of those right now. :U

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 01-03-2013, 06:10 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Design Related:

Yes, for every Yearly design so far I managed to find at least a handful of useful items for avatars. You managed to stay away from a distinctive style of design and you keep it sporadic. (What I mean is that you manage to keep stuff from looking similar to something you've already done before. Take Fen for example, because she makes so many items every once in a while one item will take a very similar look to something else she has created.)

Do you like the items?
I do, your my 2nd favorite Trisphee pixelist of all time. (1st being Kami.) I hope I made you blush because it's true. Your items really stand out and take various distinctive elements from many existing styles and concepts, and change them into your own.

Only one thing, it's that you have your outfits so fitting to each other that if you separate the shirt from the pants that it wouldn't look good without it. Your item sets look best with the same item on, while this can be easily fix as you make more items but as I stated before you have a sporadic nature towards designing so odds are it would take a while until someone made something that matched or went with something you created in the past. I personally don't want you to change your sporadic nature because you keep items on Trisphee feel fresh, but you should be more open to thinking of ideas that would make that shirt go with many different items without the need of having both the shirt and the pants.

Keep making fantasy/un-realistic clothing, that is probably your strong point. Don't make basic stuff. (Like shirts and pants.) (Well.. Unless you want to, no one is stopping you.) You design too well to just be sitting around making simple jeans.

Toughie... Right now it has to be the Radiant Seductress, when Fen was pixeling them I couldn't do anything but stare at the concept art, great coloring, wonderful design, it really made me take an interest in your designing. (After seeing that you inspired me to doodle a few concepts myself, I'm not an amazing drawer but I have enough ability to put something on paper and have it look half decent.)

As I said before; More fantasy/unbelievable outfits, less simple things.

Strengths:
Able to take ideas and change them into original designs.
Blending and Working Difficult/Complex colors.
Sporadic art styles

Weaknesses:
Items that are hard to match/work with items other then it's own set.

Pixeling related:

YES. From the first time in pixel class until now, I can say that you really have improved. You still need things pixel fixed here and there but your almost to the point you can go without it.

Your shading needs some work (as do I.. >.<) And you need to work on lightning more/adding more texture to things so they don't seem to dry/bland. (I can't really explain it too well, but your lacking a little depth to some items.)

You do much better with fabric and cloth, and you vary with everything else in a way that I can pinpoint how exactly good you are with them. That's probably something you need to judge with yourself.

Recoloring:
For the most part, yes. As I stated before you are good with using harder colors and blending/working with them much better. They make the items look much better and higher quality. But when you use simple/plain colors like plain red and black the items lose that touch of quality. Trisphee has a huge range of colors, continue using the more prettier/fancier colors and avoid simple colors unless they are blending/being used with the fancier ones.

Are they of use to you?
Yes, I always seem to be bouncing back to them when I'm layering. Either I'm using your items for the design piece, or I'm using them for a blending/matching purposes. Very rarely do I use your items as accessories.

I took most of my time writing this while trying to be very constructive and polite as possible with my criticism. So I hope you don't take anything I say the wrong way.

Last edited by Illusion; 01-03-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old Posted 01-03-2013, 06:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #9  
WUT. Did Illusion just say a bunch of nice things?! WE'RE ALL DOOMED!!!

Old Posted 01-03-2013, 06:23 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid: View Post
WUT. Did Illusion just say a bunch of nice things?! WE'RE ALL DOOMED!!!
I know, it hurts. THERE'S A WEIRD FEELING IN MY TUMMY LUCID! I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS! I tried being very constructive with what I said. NOW I FEEL ALL WEEEIIIRRRDDDD....
Maybe I should go mock Batman for not having any parents, that always tends to cheer me up. ;D

Old Posted 01-03-2013, 06:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #11  
Illusion, remember the Grinch? His heart grew 3 sizes. You should probably see a doctor.

Old Posted 01-03-2013, 06:31 PM Reply With Quote  
I Make Clothes o//u//o
i dont know how to react to illussion O____________O but yay

ok so what i got up to now

less asiany stuff ( mind you i cant undo what as already been made x'D) , make tings that still look fantasy like with a lange range on colors but needed to match more items into accounts.

what if i design items in the futur that take elements from other designs to make them match style and or color wise?
Old Posted 01-03-2013, 06:51 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monmon View Post
i dont know how to react to illussion O____________O but yay

ok so what i got up to now

less asiany stuff ( mind you i cant undo what as already been made x'D) , make tings that still look fantasy like with a lange range on colors but needed to match more items into accounts.

what if i design items in the futur that take elements from other designs to make them match style and or color wise?
You can colorwise, but I'd personally hate to see you match a style. I like seeing your sporadic change of style/design though. Maybe if your stumped one day you can look back at your old work and create something that matches the style.

Old Posted 01-03-2013, 08:41 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
i think i like your driving XD choco is addicted to non-base items and fenris can't hardly make them which put us out of so much potential stuff, it is good to see someone here to help us catch up<3 that and my favorite yearlies all have non-base stuff XD
Old Posted 01-03-2013, 08:45 PM Reply With Quote