Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default Another Thread Discussing Trisphee's Economy and the Sites current Issues   #1  
So after looking over the economy and throwing in some math or two, I think it's worth noting some problems that we've been having. Especially over the past few months that's been affecting the site greatly.

1. WE HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY O.e....
The Crane Game is much to blame. And some of our past event games have been distributing commons and Aurum as well. As of right now it's possible to make 12,000 aurum a day per account because of The Crane Game and our New Event Game. Let me do the math for you.
300-3000 times (Per Account)+ 300 <-Rough Estimate) times (Plays per Hour)= ????
The most someone could make is 12,000 aurum a day! (Not including Posting, and Selling Event Currency.) Granted that you would have to been lucky to find 3 1000 aurums in the Crane Game. You can still earn up to 7200 if you play the Soul Reaper all day.
Now some of you might be asking (Well I don't play THAT MUCH, or I might not do the Crane Game everyday.) It doesn't matter, because even though you might do it here and there money does stack up over time. And we all know how bad it is when we have too much money, prices increase like crazy and people who buy stuff up can be sitting on a stack load of items hoarding it all.

2. We have too many items, too many hoarders, and not enough new Members.
Not that having too many items is a bad thing, but when you walk over to the Marketplace you will notice that there are too many people selling then buying. And people who are buying are either buying the super rare items, runes, or the current monthlies. No one is buying the ones we have great abundance of. Hence our Market isn't distributing items around as much. But what's worst is again, WE HAVE TO MANY ITEMS. There are a lot of people on the site who own almost every item, or people who are questing to get about almost every item. Meaning that there isn't anything for someone to quest for unless they just joined the site. People argue when they can't get their hands on something, urging the staff to make things easier to obtain because they aren't on the site all the time or something along those lines. DON'T LISTEN TO THESE PEOPLE! The day we make every item obtainable in one day is the day we make people easily bored of the site. Which has been happening now!

3. Activity is waaay down.
Why is that people have been leaving? Because they are bored, there is very little to quest for, and because there is very little need to post, members on the site will have a hard time finding a good conversation to jump into. So they get bored and leave. (Don't tell me I'm wrong because if you've paid any attention to the majority of people who have been leaving the site the people leaving say that the site has become boring, and they want to sell their stuff get art and leave.)

4. Everything else that comes into play
Now outside ALL OF THIS. We also come into the problem of people beating hated on once in a while, or when we begin to fight and blame people for problems. Bots which have become a slight problem if you haven't noticed has been spamming the forums. AND WHY WOULD SOME NEW MEMBER WANT TO COME HERE AND STAY AFTER SEEING ALL OF THIS? Sure we don't run into problems every day, but these problems do come up every now and then. Now you must be asking "Why are you talking about this now? Mainly because, these things should be the ONLY PROBLEM we should have on the site period. Reason being? Because we can't stop people from hating on each other for some reason, or bots spamming the site. Now problems that we should be having + Problems we are having = Bad Mojo

It only takes 1 person to abuse the Site, it's Economy, and it's Users in some manner.

Conclusion:

All of this combined, and yet we still have people on the site. And a new person once in a while! Impressive as this sounds, we are still a site on the boarder line of possible ruin. The Staff are aware of the problems we have and are thinking of ways to counteract some of the problems we are having. But the reason of this thread is to ask you:
What are some problems have you noticed?
Can you think of some ways to counter our current problems?
Should the site be harder to obtain items or remain easy?
Have you noticed any problems? Am I informing you of somethings for the first time?

Discuss away! I'm interested in everyone's opinions/thoughts.

Last edited by Illusion; 12-01-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Old Posted 12-01-2012, 01:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Well, I don't know if you've noticed. But we have a new ADI called Enki and it's frickin gorgeous! Hopefully it'll give users and incentive to buy more of the new ADI, which will help it act as an aurum sink.

And that is all I feel like saying right now.

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 12-01-2012, 01:51 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikana View Post
Well, I don't know if you've noticed. But we have a new ADI called Enki and it's frickin gorgeous! Hopefully it'll give users and incentive to buy more of the new ADI, which will help it act as an aurum sink.

And that is all I feel like saying right now.
That it is! That it is... :3

Old Posted 12-01-2012, 02:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I'm just going to comment on the first one and the bots issue, since I am very tired.

Quote:
The Crane Game is much to blame. And some of our past event games have been distributing commons and Aurum as well. As of right now it's possible to make 12,000 aurum a day per account because of The Crane Game and our New Event Game. Let me do the math for you.
300-3000 times (Per Account)+ 300 <-Rough Estimate) times (Plays per Hour)= ????
The most someone could make is 12,000 aurum a day! (Not including Posting, and Selling Event Currency.) Granted that you would have to been lucky to find 3 1000 aurums in the Crane Game. You can still earn up to 7200 if you play the Soul Reaper all day.
Ok. I used to be one of the most active members on Tris, but in case you haven't noticed recently, college has gotten the better of me. I have not touched the crane game for the past few WEEKS, and the Soul Reaper game for the past two days.

About the bots. Trust me. Each and every staffer has been trying their hardest to get rid of the bots. You have no idea how annoying those things are, and we're sorry if they tick you off, but really, we're trying to get them.

(You also have no idea how frustrating it is for me to tell you how much we're really trying to keep an eye out. We're not just letting them post, we're not turning a blind eye, but bots are not something to lose sleep, literally, over. If we don't see them at first, or if no staffer's online, SOMEONE will eventually get them. So please, please, please stop going on about the bots, everyone.)
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-01-2012, 02:26 AM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #5  
:\ Did you perhaps have any suggestions to actually help any of these problems Illu? Or did you just want to get that out there...

Every site has bot issues, that is just a given, they don't hurt you so I don't see why everyone is having such a fit over them :|

Old Posted 12-01-2012, 02:35 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexess View Post
:\ Did you perhaps have any suggestions to actually help any of these problems Illu? Or did you just want to get that out there...

Every site has bot issues, that is just a given, they don't hurt you so I don't see why everyone is having such a fit over them :|
I only brought bots up to point out that the Staff are taking their time getting rid of them when they could be doing other things.

And the reason why I brought this up is more asking people what they think should be done to the site, while opening up what they are willing to give up to make the site more balanced.

Old Posted 12-01-2012, 02:40 AM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #7  
._. Doesn't take much time honestly, just like two minutes and it's kinda the mods job to get rid of them so really it's not that big of a deal.

Ah, but did you have any ideas yourself Illu?

Old Posted 12-01-2012, 02:41 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
I'm still thinking and panning ideas as the days go. Other then Aurum sinks, I can't think of any other idea that won't effect a thing or two negatively in the long run.

Old Posted 12-01-2012, 02:45 AM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #9  
I think you should put your ideas out there Illu, you may think it won't work or is silly but it could lead to a good idea and an effective resource to the site itself.

Old Posted 12-01-2012, 02:47 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
What's wrong with all those gorgeous commons we've been adding? Don't tell me you already have every new common in every color. 8|

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 12-01-2012, 02:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #11  
We need more than an aurum sink. We need a rune sink, too. If we can make something that gives more value to runes, then that will make more people want to buy them, which will help support Trisphee. Runes, unfortunately, can't themselves be an aurum sink, because people need a reason to want to sell the runes besides just philanthropy -- the rune sellers will need something to spend their earnings on.

I do think you may be right about the crane game, though. I'll discuss removing the 1k option with the rest of the staff; that does seem to have an unexpectedly inflationary effect.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-01-2012, 03:06 AM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
You know what you guys should do?

1) Destroy the pixelists by having them make more items >:D
2) Make a falafel raffle o_o. Ya know, everyone throws in a chunk of cash to buy tickets and the winner gets to eat a falafel that causes them to give birth to a dancing alien baby that no one else has. Cool, huh?
3) Make the site fake crash, and the next thing you know -BAM!- everyone has only 15% of their au left >:D ---That'll show 'em! YAAAAHHH!!! *battle cry*
4) [whisper] free..the..rainbows.. [/whisper]
5) Destroy the coders and force them to make more games >:D
6) Destroy the writers and force them to write one-liners >:D
7) Destroy the world, but before you do that you have to buy Kami all the marshmallows in the world...cuz of the roastingz...yah <3
8) Is any of this really relevant?
9) Make the layout more pretty-ful to attract more people...also try to add a scratch-n-sniff feature...cuz that's very awesome and you know it.
10) Only 10 dalmatians.

~an item brewery - updated 12/02~
Old Posted 12-01-2012, 03:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #13  
I like falafel (had some really awesome falafel with lunch today) but I don't want alien babies :(
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-01-2012, 03:39 AM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Give all your alien babies to me. I'll put them to good use *has the frying oil ready* <3

Old Posted 12-01-2012, 03:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #15  
Falafel is delicious. <3
And now I want some. I'd ask Kami to get me some, but I don't trust /her/ falafels. >.>

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 12-01-2012, 03:42 AM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
You can trust Kami brands. They're organic, made out of 100% user meat.

Old Posted 12-01-2012, 03:44 AM Reply With Quote