Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Moderation Admin
Default Sei's AMAZING Art Contest [WINNERS ANNOUCED LAST PAGE!]   #1  
Sei’s AMAZING Art Contest

It has always been a goal of mine to have an art contest when I finally saved up enough rare items and runes to have awesome prizes. I have been saving up since before closed beta, and have any item that you might be looking for (save commons). I hope that those who enter submissions will enjoy this contest as much I will!

As we are coming up to a very busy part of the year, with school (and finals) and various holidays, my art contest will run from today, Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, until Sunday, January 15th, 2012.

Thread Navigation:
  • Post One: Introduction
  • Post Two: Contest Rules
  • Post Three: About Sei (the avatar)
  • Post Four: Avatars To Use
  • Post Five: Amazing Prizes!
  • Post Six: Submissions
Last edited by Sei; 01-30-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 04:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Contest Rules

By submitting an entry to this contest, you agree to these rules and guidelines for the contest.
  • You must follow the Rules & Guidelines, as well as the Terms of Service at all times. I am a member of staff and will deal with violations if necessary.
  • If I do not receive enough art by the submission date, I reserve the right to extend the contest at my own discretion. However, the contest will not be extended more than once.
  • Art must be of my own avatar. Any other depictions, no matter how wonderfully drawn, will be disqualified from the contest.
  • All entries into my art contest must be your own work. If I find out that your art is copied, I will review the case personally and the submission will be disqualified. Please have a work-in-progess if I request one.
  • If you're doing a collaborative work, please agree ahead of time who will receive the prize if you win. I am not going to deal with any arguments about this.
  • Please keep this contest civil. I don't want to hear complaints about my prizes or the quality of any submitted work. I don't want people quoting any of these set up posts on the first page.
  • There is no limit to the amount of entries that you can submit, but unless two works really impress me, there will only be one winner per category. I am allowed to make this decision.
  • Winners must be online within four days of the end of the contest to claim their prizes. If you win, and you do not respond within the four day limit, you will receive the prize that the two other winners didn't choose. If you do not agree, please do not submit any artwork.
  • Please keep all entries within Trisphee's guidelines. While I encourage some of the art to be suggestive, please keep it decent. There is to be no full-frontal nudity or blatant sexual depictions. Any of these entries will be reported and disqualified from the contest.
  • Please post all submissions here in the thread. If, for some reason, I don't acknowledge your submission in a day, feel free to PM me with the submission.
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 05:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #3  
About Sei (the avatar)

At the heart of every avatar art contest is the avatars. I'm not too picky on how Sei is depicted, but there are some details that I would like included in every art piece for it to be considered legitimate:

Sei generally uses two styles of hair: Shuyin Hair (old favorite) and Messy Crop Hair (new favorite), which can be used in the aforementioned colors. Please only use these colors (or as close to them as you can get). You can mix and match any hair to suit your drawing preference, however.
For eyes, Sei has always used bright eyes. They can be either black or blue (though I prefer blue).
For bonus points, and a special part of the contest, you should endeavor to include Sei wearing his favorite jacket (Iseiah's Jacket). If you do not have the items, please click the small teaser image above for the full item in the colors I'd like it drawn in.
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 05:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin

You can make Sei in an original outfit, as long as he is drawn with the limitations in the post above (the avatar with the other hair can either use a hair from above or be drawn as is). Beyond those, I am open to artist interpretation.
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 06:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #5  
AWESOME Prizes!

Now for the part every good artist wants to hear about: prizes. I've always thought that different people want different things, and that artists shouldn't have to hope they're in second place because they like that item better. So, I've decided to let the winners choose their own prizes from the category.

For example... If someone won first place, they would get to choose from any of the prizes in the pool. Then, the second place winner would choose between the remaining two, and the third place winner would get the remaining prize. That way, the better you place, the more of a chance you will have at any item, even if it's not the rarest, most valuable one. :3

Now for the categories:

Sei's TOP CHOICE - This category is reserved for the best of the best (if there is one). This can be from any category below and be of any media. The person who wins this category can choose from one (1) of the following bundles:
  • A 'beta items' set, which includes: Anka (all pieces), beta fish (x2), rave fever, tech horns light/dark, and a pandora's box of hope and despair.
  • A 'complete collection' set, which includes: RDIs and ADIs from September '10 until August '11.
Serious / Mature Sei - This is the category where you can show Sei's more adult side. He's cocky, serious, and contemplative most of the time, but he has been known to flash a smile every now and then. You can also submit drawings of Iseiah for this category as well, he'd really appreciate it. Examples, for those who'd like them: example 1 example 2

• An 'evolving item' set, which includes: Fenrir's, Zephyr's, and Lunae's items.
  • A 'monthly' set, which includes: RDIs and ADIs from a month of my choosing (can request a specific one, and I will give it if I have one).
  • An 'NPC event' bundle with various items from NPCs and events.
Innocent / Lighthearted Sei - This is the category where Sei's young and relatively carefree side can flourish. He's an avatar of extremes; he can go from extremely sad one moment to extremely happy the next. Usually, he's drawn chibi-style, but he doesn't have to be. Example: example 1
  • An 'evolving item' set, which includes: Fenrir's, Zephyr's, and Lunae's items.
  • A 'monthly' set, which includes: RDIs and ADIs from a month of my choosing (you can request a specific one, and I will give it if I have one).
  • A 'black and white' set, which includes: a Pandora's box of hope and despair (x2).
Best CGI / Electronic Media - Though I love every submission, there is and always will be a soft spot for this particular type of art. The prizes for this category will be:
  • A prize of at least 200 runes.
  • A 'monthly' set, which includes: RDIs and ADIs from a month of my choosing (you can request a specific one, and I will give it if I have one).
  • A 'Japan items' set, which includes a variety of Japan items, including: kaji, shoji, kei, etc.
Last edited by Sei; 02-09-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 06:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Last edited by Sei; 10-30-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 06:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #7  
Reserved.
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 06:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Reserved.
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 06:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #9  
...and we're OFFICIALLY OPEN! :'D

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Trisphee Site Rules | Sei's Hideout
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 07:14 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
yay first post<3
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 07:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #11  
Welcome, choco! :3

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Old Posted 08-02-2011, 07:22 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
hello been lurking since your second post, i am thinking about joining actually
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 07:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #13  
I hope you can. I have some serious prizes for the winners! :'D

Old Posted 08-02-2011, 07:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Maybe I can find time...
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-02-2011, 07:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #15  
That's the spirit, Espy. I want everyone who can to enter so that I can have some decent Trisphee art of Sei. *nods*

Old Posted 08-02-2011, 08:39 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
-snuggles Sei-
Seeeeeei should get art with Mizzy~!
;3
"It's in the stars.
It's been written in the scars on our hearts.

Your head is running wild again, my dear.
We still have everythin'.
We're not broken, just bent.
I'll fix it for us.
Our love's enough. "
Old Posted 08-02-2011, 09:35 PM Reply With Quote