Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Closed Thread

Necromancer
Default   #33  
Quote:
Originally Posted by littl3chocobo View Post
(nothing like recoloring shoes or small bits of jewelry, that is coping out)
Well wait a moment, what if they did them in sets?
Jewelry
Hair
Shoes
Body mods
Ect?

Would that work?
you'll get just what you want in theory.

Also, How hard would it be to do recolors of the Crane game items and rotate those into the game? I've wanted a few of those items in different colors.
"Selfish, I suppose. Not to want to spend my entire life screaming on the inside."

Last edited by Dorian Pavus; 11-21-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 12:39 PM  
Snap!
No recolors please. Not at all. And hell no to 40 runes for re-released older monthlies with new colors.

I would like to see at least 3-4 yearlies for 2014 with 6 different color options for each. I'd still pay $5 for that. I just got a job and can afford to donate again. Please don't skip out on yearlies this year... or any year for that matter. It will really make me lose hope for the site and I won't want to donate. I hate to be so blunt but this is how I really feel.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 03:02 PM  
Snap!
Default   #35  
I know that staff is working hard to get things back on track and I really appreciate all of them who are trying to keep this site going. I apologize if my post was offensive in any way. I just don't want to have a whole section of items like Yearlies be completely blank for a year, you know?

edit; And I almost forgot to say, thank you so much Taiki for stepping up to the plate of running this site. I love you for that.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Last edited by Ginger; 11-21-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 03:36 PM  
Webcomicker!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Areishia View Post
Another thing I'd like to inquire about is about the Anka Eggs, will these also feature recolors of past popular items and if so will they also have a poll. I'd actually like to see something like this as well due to the Anka Eggs being (from what I've heard) a "bit" similar to chance items/RIGs so re-releasing recolors of former Anka Egg items would help place more items into circulation.
The Anka Egg RIG isn't itself changing. It will be released once every 3 months instead of 2 and will cost Aurum, other than that, the type of items it contains will be the same. :]

Oops, didn't mean to miss your other question, there will not be an Aurum monthly item next month. Only 2 Rune ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
No recolors please. Not at all. And hell no to 40 runes for re-released older monthlies with new colors.

I would like to see at least 3-4 yearlies for 2014 with 6 different color options for each. I'd still pay $5 for that. I just got a job and can afford to donate again. Please don't skip out on yearlies this year... or any year for that matter. It will really make me lose hope for the site and I won't want to donate. I hate to be so blunt but this is how I really feel.
As some others have stated, the 40 Rune price tag seems to be too high. Because of this I will most likely lower it to 30 Runes if that is the route that we take with recolors.

I would love to release new yearlies, even 3-4 of them but Trisphee simply does not have anyone to actually make them. I for the most part will be pixeling all of the Monthlies as well as most other items besides maybe some commons from now on by myself. The only way that would be possible is if they weren't released for months from now, even then there is no guarantee. If I squeezed 1 in a month that'd take me until about April to release them.

What about a combination?
3 "funbag" items of poses from 2013 items that could use 6 additional colors and 3 new items with 6 colors? All of which wouldn't be released until about March. I'm not saying this is officially what we're doing, just a suggestion based on feedback so far from this thread.

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Last edited by Taiki; 11-21-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 03:40 PM  
Webcomicker!
Default   #37  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
I know that staff is working hard to get things back on track and I really appreciate all of them who are trying to keep this site going. I apologize if my post was offensive in any way. I just don't want to have a whole section of items like Yearlies be completely blank for a year, you know?

edit; And I almost forgot to say, thank you so much Taiki for stepping up to the plate of running this site. I love you for that.
I didn't find your post offensive. You're just stating your opinion like everyone else. xD So thank you for the feedback. And thank you for the welcome! I hope that we can all together get the site back on track.

CMYK
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 03:43 PM  
Snap!
Pixeling all of the monthlies, by yourself? That is ridiculous.... I will see what I can do to get good pixelists to join, okay? I'm pressed for time because I don't have internet at my house, but I'll do what I can. The best place to search is probably Deviantart. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I wish I could help you with more.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 03:44 PM  
Snap!
Default   #39  
I was also thinking, how about just one yearly with 10 different color options, for $10? I know it's a stretch with the price and everything, but at least then it will fill the gap and it won't take until march to finish. And with the 10 different colors, it would be a great deal for $10.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 03:49 PM  
Webcomicker!
It's okay, I knew what I was getting into when I took on this role. xD The only thing that sucks about trying to find more artists is the matter of paying them. I will be doing the brunt of the pixel work until the site gets back on track so that we can financially hire more artists. Luckily for me I have other awesome staff members that can help with recoloring, designs, and stuff like that so it's not as bad as it could be.

Thanks for your suggestions, everything will be taken into consideration!

CMYK
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 03:55 PM  
Snap!
Default   #41  
That is definitely positive thinking which is very professional, in my opinion. Things will look up soon!
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 03:58 PM  
It Won't Stop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiei View Post
Also, How hard would it be to do recolors of the Crane game items and rotate those into the game? I've wanted a few of those items in different colors.
As a general rule, as long as we still have the files floating around (for crane game items, we mostly do), it isn't much more difficult than making the items the first time. If others agree, then this is something else we can get working on.

Old Posted 11-21-2013, 06:56 PM  
Mother Ship
Default   #43  
I can understand why people don't want the recolors.

It will affect the rarity to some extent. Like me? If I want the item, I will take either color, which for me means, if one is selling cheaper, the other needs to be the same price before I'll even consider buying it. Like recolors on Gaia. I'll find a way to make whatever color I have of it work.

Note: I'm not against recolors fully. I'm against them costing more than the original item...you know....like Gaia does. Which means monthlies should be 20 or less runes. IMO
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 09:49 PM  
Wanderer
I think the 40Rune items we were talking about would be yearly recolors, yeah?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-21-2013, 10:17 PM  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #45  
I think the price increase would be because they are yearlies, there for recolors but cheaper then usual yearlies.

personally given how much time is going to be going towards improvement plans I would prefer Trisphee hold off having yearlies all together. If they do have to have some. Then I like gingers idea not of having one that is 10 dollars but having about 4-5 yearlies perhaps released when the pixelist have time to finish them.
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 10:19 PM  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
Okay, Reyo is going to put in her opinions now.

First off, welcome back to the team, Taiki! I know we never really spoke to each other before your hiatus, but I did enjoy your work and I'm happy to see another veteran returning.

I'm cool with there being no Yearlies for 2014. While there being high quality items around for an entire year has been nice, I do understand that they can be quite the heavy workload for the artists/pixelists on top of their other projects.

I would be willing to put out 40 Runes for recolors of certain current Yearlies. Just to throw out a couple examples, I would love to see the Primal Descent have its main pieces redone in a Violet/White/Silver or Green/Gold/Copper scheme, or the Avatar of the Gale redone in a couple more earthy color palates.

Looking back through the discussion, I do like the 30 Rune price point better than the 40 Rune price point for recolored Monthlies simply because I am a broke college student. Would you include the Aurum Monthlies in the list as well as the Rune ones? If so, would you be willing to put them at a premium Aurum price of maybe 10k? This would give those who are unable to donate at least something to look forward to obtaining by their own means as far as any recolors might go.

Since we're suggesting Monthlies for recolors, could I suggest the Nianshe, Requiro, and Lionel's Pride? It's not that I don't like the colors they already have, it's that I'd love to see them in even more colors.

I love the idea of making the Anka Eggs seasonal for Aurum. They just never sat right with me being the way they are currently. I just don't know what it is about them that makes me feel that way. Maybe it's because they just seem like they would work better as an Aurum sink type of item than a way for the site to make a few quick bucks like the impulse items in checkout lines at grocery stores. How much Aurum would they be, though? Would they be the same price the Aurum Monthly is right now at 2.5k, or would they be more like 1k or 1.5k?

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 10:30 PM  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #47  
I wouldn't be opposed to just keeping the current yearlies as they are for another year. ;o; (or even until we could get another 3-4 new yearlies in April)

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 11-21-2013, 10:33 PM  
Rainbow Goddess
I agree with lucid. We honestly dont need a million new yearlies. Just do what you can. 4 or so new yearlies released later on would be nice. C:

my closet
Dark is my puppyi luff hermes<3
Old Posted 11-21-2013, 10:34 PM  
Closed Thread