Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Closed Thread

Webcomicker!
Default 2014 Yearly Discussion Thread   #1  
Hey everyone! I need your help in deciding what to do with 2014's Yearlies!

As stated in the announcement, we do not have resources to make a new set of Yearlies and I don't think adding more rune items to the market is a good idea at this time. The options we on the staff have come up with to offer to you guys are:
  1. No yearlies for 2014.
  2. Recolors of the current Yearlies at a slightly lower cost. I'm going with 40 runes, but that is negotiable.
  3. Recolors of 2013 Monthlies (one from each month from January to September 2013). They would be at a higher price than they were when released during those months, but a lower price than what the current Yearlies are. Again, I'm going with 40 runes, but that is negotiable.

Now before anything, I would like to explain why these were chosen: I believe that the Yearlies and Monthlies from 2013 may be too rare because of the slowness of the site over the passed year. I would like to give you guys another opportunity to purchase these items to bump up their circulation and combat any future artificial inflation. This will not be a regular thing, and I won't do it if you, the users, do not want it to happen.

I would like to hear what you think about this issue. You may suggest alternatives if you'd like, but keep in mind that these are just some options that we came up with. Please voice your opinion whether it be for or against the specific options, but do not attack anyone else for their view.

Thank you. I hope that we can come up with a solution that works for everyone!

----------------------------------

EDIT 11/22/13: After a few days of discussion we have come up with an addition option that seems more fitting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiki View Post
At this point me and the other admins are discussing doing the "funbag" of poses from various 2013 items. For example, an item with only hair styles in various additional colors because of the negative feedback to do a mass rerelease of recolors. I am also still contemplating the option of delaying the Yearlies release a couple of months to have a couple of new items as well.

I'd like to hear feedback on this idea and if there are any specific parts of items you think deserve multiple extra colors.
Also: 30 runes seems to be the most popular price at this point - Nex

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Last edited by Nexess; 11-23-2013 at 04:08 AM.
Old Posted 11-20-2013, 12:58 AM  
We're all mad here.
Personally, I would vote for recolours of the previous yearlies as a separate item from the originals. That way, the original colours still retain some rarity value for those that care about it, but the items themselves are available to a new crowd. Of course, the chance that I'm actually going to buy runes is pretty low right now, for my part. That might change.
Old Posted 11-20-2013, 01:30 AM  
Mother Ship
Default   #3  
I'm against recolors in general, but then again....you're offering recolors of current items, not re-releasing all the items from forever ago.

My one thought on the monthlies is the fact of the aurum ones (or am I getting things confused? I'm tired so I could be off in space)...the recolors would be 40 runes if you did them...I would be against the aurum ones costing any runes....because they're a recolor of an item that technically (I guess) wasn't meant to generate revenue.

But it isn't like I'm going to throw a bitch-fit if they do cost runes. Can't even remember at the moment how many runes are to a dollar. So...yeah.
Old Posted 11-20-2013, 02:59 AM  
Webcomicker!
The recolors will be separate items. The current color palettes would be discontinued and different colors would be replacing them as a new item.

I had thought of the conflict with recoloring the Monthlies regarding the Rune ones and Aurum ones. I wouldn't be opposed to only doing the Rune ones if the majority of users want recolored Monthlies over Yearlies.

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 11-20-2013, 03:13 AM  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #5  
A poll with monthlies and yearlies that could be recolored would be nice, because really a mix of this years yearlies & the monthlies would be preferable. Would really have to see what color schemes could be done though.

Things that would be hard to recolor
Wicked Abomination
Hounds of Erebus
Socordia
Wysavra (BG mostly)

Things that I would love more colors of
Aloros
Aeronautic Funk
Enfield Fragment (The ears mostly)

Looking at the list it isn't a long one and if you were to offer recolors I would want to reach outside of the 2013 pool for monthlies that are well loved and would benefit from more color choices. Autumn Fin being a top one in my mind along with other monthlies that were a market place hit with limited item coloring.
Last edited by Tiva; 11-20-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old Posted 11-20-2013, 03:21 AM  
Wanderer
we should copper everything

/useless sleep-deprived not-input
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-20-2013, 03:24 AM  
It Won't Stop
Default   #7  
If we can figure out which method would be preferable for us to move forward with within a reasonable amount of time, I am sure we would be happy to take additional votes on any specific color requests for some of the items. But that's a discussion that would have to be held after we've figured out how you all would like us to go ahead.

Old Posted 11-20-2013, 03:33 AM  
Black Mistress of Purple
Quote:
No yearlies for 2014.
Honestly doesn't bother me any. From my entire time on Tirsphee, I've only purchased one or two sets of yearlies. They just cost too much, imo.

Quote:
Recolors of the current Yearlies at a slightly lower cost. I'm going with 40 runes, but that is negotiable.
Lowering them is nice, but even so 40 runes is $4.00 and why pay that much for previous year yearlies even at different colors? Maybe create a thread to determine suggestions for present/past yearlies to see if the members want to or not.

Quote:
Recolors of 2013 Monthlies (one from each month from January to September 2013). They would be at a higher price than they were when released during those months, but a lower price than what the current Yearlies are. Again, I'm going with 40 runes, but that is negotiable.
No.. No.... NO.... HELL NO!!!
This would defeat the purpose of rare and unique. Monthlies need to retain their rarity. That is why we paid for them.
My DeviantART
I get distracted easily, Private Message me for faster responses.
Old Posted 11-20-2013, 08:29 PM  
Dragon Storm
Default   #9  
*Meek head poking in*
Hmm...last time I tried to post it said I wasn't allowed...
Umm...when I get the chance, I have new design ideas I am drawing up...
You probably don't want them as I am just a basic drawer/writer...
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 11-20-2013, 08:37 PM  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
This would defeat the purpose of rare and unique. Monthlies need to retain their rarity. That is why we paid for them.
The same can be said for yearlies, and if you aren't interested in paying 50 runes for yearlies, do you think a whole lot of people would pay 40 runes for re-coloured monthlies?

As said, the old colour sets would be retired so while the item would be re-released, the original colour scheme would still retain it's rarity.

I'm rather indifferent really, but for the sake of argument I would like to see something offered as a yearlie, even if it's only one or two items.
Old Posted 11-20-2013, 08:40 PM  
It Won't Stop
Default   #11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiva View Post
Things that would be hard to recolor
Wicked Abomination
Hounds of Erebus
Socordia
Wysavra (BG mostly)

Things that I would love more colors of
Aloros
Aeronautic Funk
Enfield Fragment (The ears mostly)
I missed these lists last time, probably because of your ninja editing skillz.

None of the ones you listed would be difficult to recolor, actually. Wicked would just have to go out of conventional color choices, and Wys might need some, hrm, extra inspiration, but the other two would be pretty easy to dance around.

I would love to dip into Aloros again, too. An especially gorgeous item that could always use more love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Lowering them is nice, but even so 40 runes is $4.00 and why pay that much for previous year yearlies even at different colors? Maybe create a thread to determine suggestions for present/past yearlies to see if the members want to or not.

This would be the thread for that discussion, I believe. And as for your reaction on rereleasing Monthlies, that is the same exact thing we would be doing for Yearlies, so it's important we hear thoughts like yours before we move forward. Remember, if you, or any other users, have alternative suggestions, we ARE open to hear them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawtan View Post
*Meek head poking in*
Hmm...last time I tried to post it said I wasn't allowed...
Umm...when I get the chance, I have new design ideas I am drawing up...
You probably don't want them as I am just a basic drawer/writer...
If you're interested in designing for us, we would be happy to see what you have to offer. I believe we have item suggestion threads floating around somewhere. Alternatively, you can always send in an application to become an artist to me.

Old Posted 11-20-2013, 08:48 PM  
The Illusionist
Quote:
  1. No yearlies for 2014.
  2. Recolors of the current Yearlies at a slightly lower cost. I'm going with 40 runes, but that is negotiable.
  3. Recolors of 2013 Monthlies (one from each month from January to September 2013). They would be at a higher price than they were when released during those months, but a lower price than what the current Yearlies are. Again, I'm going with 40 runes, but that is negotiable.

No yearlies? I'm ok with that actually....

Recolors of current Yearlies? THIS IS VERY PENDING IN MY HEAD. I mean if they will be out all year, and the colors are different enough I suppose they would count as their own items. But I wouldn't focus too heavily on them, maybe a mixture of 1-3 new items then 3-6 recolors? Time constraints I know, but not every yearly would look good recolored.
Pricing? Depends, are we buying 1 color variation or multiple like we normally do? If it's 1 color variation then a $3 price point sounds more reasonable then a $4-5 price point.

Recolors of Monthlies? Yes and no. Be very strict about these, monthly recolors should be released on occasion and not released oh frilly nilly. Recolors can hurt the value of a lot of items, focusing on yearlies is one thing, but also Monthlies is another. Have polls of and tally what one or two monthlies people would like to buy recolored, then release a few of them during a event. (Also distributing these in Event Forum games will motivate a lot of people to participate to try and win them.) But again, only on occasion.

Old Posted 11-20-2013, 09:14 PM  
Necromancer
Default   #13  
yearly recolors are something I'd love to see.
A lot of the rune items always come in odd color combos so it's hard for me to work with some of them.
"Selfish, I suppose. Not to want to spend my entire life screaming on the inside."

Old Posted 11-20-2013, 09:18 PM  
We're all mad here.
I think the point is to decide on something that will be offered all year, not just during an event or special occasion. That needs to be taken into account. Re-coloured monthlies would effectively become the 2014 yearlies.
Old Posted 11-20-2013, 09:20 PM  
It Won't Stop
Default   #15  
That's right, Quiet. And, this won't be something we're looking to do regularly, unless the users would like us to. Otherwise, it's only to help make up for our current situation. You guys won't be seeing every single rare item get rereleased, so try not to think in worst cases for this discussion.

Old Posted 11-20-2013, 09:25 PM  
We're all mad here.
I will say here that I'm happy with the idea of only two rune monthlies and the egg item offered for aurum. I understand the work load issues and I'm happy that there will still be special aurum items offered, even if they aren't every month.
Old Posted 11-20-2013, 09:38 PM  
Closed Thread