Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A Genetic Infection
Default Fave Horror Movies!   #1  
So I was just wondering what are some of your fave horror movies? or killers? I have been on a Hellraiser kick recently and love the Saw series!
Old Posted 08-25-2012, 11:48 PM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Silence of the Lambs. The other Hannibal movies were pretty good too. I also love anything Stephen King.
Old Posted 08-26-2012, 10:57 AM Reply With Quote  
The Dragon Reborn
Default   #3  
Not so much a movie character, but Dexter will always be my favorite killer.
Old Posted 08-26-2012, 03:25 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Hard to say, but probably Aliens and Jaws if it counts.
Old Posted 08-26-2012, 06:40 PM Reply With Quote  
A Genetic Infection
Default   #5  
Of they count one is SciFi Horror and the other was classified as horror when it came out I believe -loves Jaws- and Yes Dexter is a wonderful Killer he kills bad people!! Never really actually seen any of the Hannibal movies just pieces of some :P
Old Posted 08-26-2012, 07:22 PM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Dexter is pretty great. xD
Old Posted 08-27-2012, 01:09 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #7  
Jaws is classifed as horror, and it reads such on my DVD. It's probably my favourite then, though I've seen it so many times that it hardly counts as "horror" anymore.

Saw was a good movie, but I don't plan on watching it again really. I think it did it's *horror* job pretty well, without going too far into grose-out stuff and gratuitus pain. I hate that.
Old Posted 08-27-2012, 09:41 PM Reply With Quote  
A Genetic Infection
Saw is great from a psychological aspect as well!
Old Posted 08-28-2012, 04:56 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #9  
Yeah. I think that's mostly why I liked it too. I don't plan on seeing the others really, but I did enjoy the first one.

Even though I guessed it might end the way it did, it still surprised me, probably because I didn't really *believe* it would actually happen that way.

That movie is about as much tension as I can take though, hence not planning on watching the rest.
Old Posted 08-28-2012, 09:25 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Going back to favourite horror movies again, the other one I really like is Final Destination 2. I've seen most of the series so far Didn't see all of the 5th one yet but didn't really bother since by now they are all pretty much more of the same. That is what makes them fun though. ;)

The second is my favourite because I like how they expanded the concept from the first one and they made it less obvious that something supernatural was out to kill them. Three, in my opinion is not worth anyone's time. -.-
Old Posted 08-28-2012, 09:33 PM Reply With Quote  
A Genetic Infection
Default   #11  
yeah three was pretty bad haha Saw 2 and 3 are clser to an expanded story line then I kind of gets outta wack Saw 2 was a wonderful Horror movie My fave of the series!
Old Posted 08-29-2012, 08:43 AM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
I didn't like Saw anymore after the first couple movies. It started out with a neat concept, but after a point it became obvious that the writers hadn't really planned the whole series out and are just trying to draw as much profit as possible from it. I feel like they spend ninety-five percent of their time designing new ways to torture people and only the other ten figuring out a bullshit way to connect them.

Final Destination needed to stop after one movie. I never really thought it was awful, but it certainly does not have the right plot to become a series.
Old Posted 08-29-2012, 09:35 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #13  
I think the sequel actually attached really well to the original though, and they did justify it with the plot extension. I like it better than the first myself. From three and on though, not a chance. I think it's now a matter of seeing how creatively people can die and I think that's what the audience is looking for too.

And I just learned that Sam Raimi directed the Spider-Man movies. Never really thought about the name being familiar but he also did the Evil Dead and Army of Darkness movies. hee hee! That explains the Bruce Campbell cameos I think. Didn't even notice him in the first movie. Not a fan of Spider-Man, but I've seen Army of Darkness many times and went to the Evil Dead musical when it came here. XD
Old Posted 08-29-2012, 09:46 AM Reply With Quote  
A Genetic Infection
me and Sam Raimi do not share the same view of venom he hates him Venom -the symbiotes- are intriguing! but yeah Sam Raimi I believe has gone back to Horror movies I believe! also Final Destination has kind of been like a Grindhouse style movie in disguise if you think about all the way people die is intriguing at least!
Old Posted 08-29-2012, 02:25 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #15  
I think Deathless is the only Grindhouse movie I've seen any parts of. I only saw the end. From what I understand I don't know that I would have liked the movie. It's interesting to see people die in creative ways but I really don't like it when there is a lot of focus on someone's pain and terror. It's one of the reasons I won't watch Hostel and I wasn't keen on FD3. FD3 just spent too long on gratuitus death scenes. In my b-grade opinion, they could have doubled the cast and killed them all off in the time it took to kill off the people they did.

I think they tried to kill off people in creative ways in the third one but tried to put in plot becasue they felt obligated to do it. FOr number four it seems to me they god rid of the plot entirely and just went with interesting death since that's pretty much what people watch the sequels for anyway, in my experience. ;). One and two are good enough for plot. The rest is just "how can we kill these people?"
Old Posted 08-31-2012, 08:39 AM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
I think the sequel actually attached really well to the original though, and they did justify it with the plot extension. I like it better than the first myself. From three and on though, not a chance. I think it's now a matter of seeing how creatively people can die and I think that's what the audience is looking for too.
...I can't tell if you're talking about Saw or Final Destination because it could totally be either. o_o In either case, you're so right about the last sentence. That's exactly what the audience wants. ._.
Old Posted 09-01-2012, 12:28 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
horror, movie, scary