Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Dragon of Ice
Default   #113  
Well, at this point there is still the dilemma of benders becoming "outdated" by technology and the like. Could also be further conflict with those wanting to "dethrone" the benders.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 12:07 AM Reply With Quote  
(⊙‿⊙✿)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
Well, at this point there is still the dilemma of benders becoming "outdated" by technology and the like. Could also be further conflict with those wanting to "dethrone" the benders.
i suppose

there were a lot of things they could have done with the first arc especially character-wise but that didnt happen and some people argue that the characters actually went from dynamic to static

i will flip a table if the second book is not titled "character development" >:C
tw: tumblr
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 12:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #115  
I also feel there could have been better conflict in the next season if they hadn't deus ex machina'd all of the issues at the end of the season, and had carried some of them over instead
Protecting the Earthsphere since AC196

Current attempt at cosplay: Saber from Fate/Stay Night
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 12:26 AM Reply With Quote  
(⊙‿⊙✿)
yes basically thank you korra reaching the avatar state was a definite deus ex machina and i hated it and i wished for so much more from her character

like??? aang went through three books of hard-earned character development in order to reach the avatar state and then korra contemplates suicide and her boyfriend is threatened for maybe like a second and BAM mastery of the avatar state

i was just

how about no

i was actually really hoping she would stay without her bending so that the subsequent seasons could be based around her deeply emotional journey to regain them by facing her own inner demons and truly accepting the personal and social responsibility it would take to be the actual avatar like aang was na'w'msayin'?
tw: tumblr
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 12:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #117  
Even leaving her with just air bending and forcing her to work exclusively with air bending as she struggled to get in touch with the spirit realm to recover her bending would have been fascinating and a great way to lead into the next season.
I also completely agree with you on character development-I feel like Korra started out a head-strong young girl who acted before thinking and ended the season as a head-strong girl who acted before thinking. I really don't like Mako as a playboy who keeps two girls hanging due to his inability to choose between the two of them. I also thinking we could have had more time for character development if 1/5th of the season hadn't been devoted to the Korra version of blitzball.
To sum it up, while I would love to see the universe and social stratification tackled next season, I probably won't watch long too long if the writers continue to refuse to build the characters they've introduced
Protecting the Earthsphere since AC196

Current attempt at cosplay: Saber from Fate/Stay Night
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 12:56 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Allof those are valid points but keep in mind that they only had just that one season. If they had more they might have made this whole season into like three instead of one.
Old Posted 12-02-2012, 09:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #119  
I can not wait until the second season starts. I am really looking forward to it.
Old Posted 06-29-2013, 03:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Korra's the best!!!

;) Come Befriend Me! ;)
Old Posted 07-07-2013, 05:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #121  
I love how they introduced Korra in the first episode it was awsome i have the first book on dvd
Old Posted 08-07-2013, 12:02 PM Reply With Quote