Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Local Weirdo
Default The Legend of Korra   #1  
Really? There isn't a thread for this show?

Discuss The Legend of Korra here, which airs on Nickelodeon and takes place long after Avatar: The Last Airbender left off, with a new avatar and has a completely different vibe than the series that came before it.

Please, if you post spoilers leave it under a spoiler button or warn about them first so as not to ruin anything for those who haven't seen the show yet, or haven't gotten caught up to the latest episode.
Old Posted 06-11-2012, 06:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Angelic Goddess
I freakin love Korra! ^_^
Questing: Locked Legends and Brave Victory. ^_^
Old Posted 06-11-2012, 07:48 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #3  
My theories on Amon

His bending takes away ability:
Chakras in our bodies (in the avatar world), are just THERE, they aren’t open, aren’t closed. But you CAN open them with spiritual guidance. From a monk, and can be taught how to open them by a monk. the problem. is, is that you can also be taught how to close them
I don’t know how he learned to do it. but if you watch the first episode where he took someones bending away, you can see he holds the back of the throat, and the forehead
he is blocking the chakras of light and sound, therefore, creating lies, and illusion
when the first bender was "equalized", all benders became afraid of amon, believing
that he had the power to take away bending
yes, their bending IS gone. But only because they THINK its gone
That’s the problem they can’t bend that’s the issue but they really can
But yeah. All these benders still have their irreversible chi and power to bend the elements. It is lies, illusion and deceit, that increases every day (because they think that it’s gone), that keeps their actual power completely out of reach
Amon did SOMETHING to them, he blocked their chakras. People just need to learn how to open them
Therefore. Korra will learn. And she will find her spiritual side, and therefore, everyone will MOST likely retrieve their power again

When it comes to WHO he is. my theory, is that he wears the mask, because when his parents were killed by firebenders, he asked the spirits for help. he got Koh. The face-stealer. Amon asked Koh to give him the power to resist bending (therefore, the bloodbending resist), and teach him how to block chakras. and in exchange, Koh got his face. and Amon is simply doing the biddings of Koh, and ridding the world of the Avatar, and all bending. as Koh said himself, the avatar (a bender) tried to kill him, and a bender was responsible for the death of the moon spirit, which probably angered him, after Avatar Aang said they would be fine. Koh put his trust into a bender, and he failed.

Last edited by Illusion; 06-12-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old Posted 06-12-2012, 06:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Illu that actually is a cool idea.
*still thinks that Amon is a water bender blocking chakras so he is the only bender left*
I watch this show a lot and the online interactive world is so cool.
Old Posted 06-12-2012, 12:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #5  
It's probably something we won't expect though.
Old Posted 06-12-2012, 04:56 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
I thought it was the councilman at first, since he and Amon were never in the same place at the same time. I thought he used bloodbending to chi-block benders from the inside. But this last episode obviously killed that theory. :P
I think Illusion's theory is pretty good. And it would be a really interesting way to tie elements from the first series into this one.

I'm really disappointed that the season is only 10 episodes. I'm glad the finale is an hour, but they definitely could have paced the show out a lot slower and made more episodes. I know they were only originally scheduled for a small number of episodes, but it was very quickly apparent how popular the show was going to be. I hope they make at least a few more seasons of it.

Also: Who thinks Meelo is the best character ever?! >3<~

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 06-12-2012, 07:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #7  
*raises hand* I love that kid!
Old Posted 06-12-2012, 10:01 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
ah, interesting to find this thread
my sister and I were watching it the other day
I kind of felt it was a bit slow at first... but she loved it all the way through
has only watched a few of the episodes
sadly my computer overheated and had to wait a bit while my sister was impatient and jumping off the walls
only can watch on www.nick.com/
since we don't have much of anything for cable... mother only pays for a basic that only gives us news and her soaps... sigh...

though after watching a few episodes I thought it was really good

wonders though if the ones on their site are behind any on episodes or if those are up to date

↳↓-will accept art requests-↓↲
Old Posted 06-14-2012, 01:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Magic
Default   #9  
yep a very good show, my little little sister was watching it and was like where's Aang
I had to remind her how being the avatar works, a bit sad there can only be one at a time
Old Posted 06-14-2012, 09:16 AM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
I am so happy that there's a thread about this! I've never really been into being part of a fandom before, but Avatar changed that for me. I'm also in thought it was too short, there wasn't nearly enough time for proper character development in 10 episodes. While Korra has had amazing leaps and bounds, I feel like we've been cheated with the others. I feel like that theres amazing possibility with Makko and Bolin who have been so important to her.

While there have been amazing moments, I feel like they've done a poor job. I see amazing potential and I'm super stoked for future episodes, but I want more character development. I donno, maybe it's because we got so spoiled with Aang and the first Team Avatar that I feel like this.

I also want more backstory. As much as the series allows. >> I'm a sucker for making things fit together with the past.

If you would like to see my awesome scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/Blakey914

I may also have a tumblr...
http://spunky710.tumblr.com
If you follow me, drop me a message in my ask! ^_^
Old Posted 06-15-2012, 11:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #11  
They may end up with a third season or due to popularity extend the second season.
Old Posted 06-15-2012, 12:52 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
That would be pretty sweet.

If you would like to see my awesome scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/Blakey914

I may also have a tumblr...
http://spunky710.tumblr.com
If you follow me, drop me a message in my ask! ^_^
Old Posted 06-15-2012, 11:55 PM Reply With Quote  
I see you
Default   #13  
I haven't gotten a chance to see this show yet, but I think as soon as it hits Netflix, I won't leave me couch for a week xD
Old Posted 06-16-2012, 05:49 AM Reply With Quote  
TWIGNIFICIENT PIXELATOR
Honestly, I haven't even finished the first Avatar. (Watching it on Netflix) o 3o
But I really want to see this one, if it weren't for my lack of cable. I hear it's really good.
Old Posted 06-16-2012, 02:39 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #15  
Lack of cable doesn't make me sad, as I have found websites where people post the episodes the night they come out. :3

I agree on the character development thing. There's so much more that those characters can do and be, and all that's happening is a love triangle. :C

The backstory is really important to me too! I wanna know what happened to Zuko's mom! They brought it up in the first episode and never explained! The teases! **mega-pout**

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 06-16-2012, 04:46 PM Reply With Quote  
TWIGNIFICIENT PIXELATOR
I would do that myself, but we get a very slow internet speed where I live so that's a no go. Dx -pouts-

I have netflix though so for the time being I can at least watch all the way through the last airbender.
Old Posted 06-16-2012, 05:11 PM Reply With Quote