Silent Scream
Default   #17  
http://www.webs.com/

try that one? O_o

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 04-22-2011, 04:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Self-proclaimed Non-Conversationalist
See.. Template. =__= Customize the silly ole template.

I WANT NOT A TEMPLATE. Can I tell my hover to shift up 10 pixels and glow red with a template? NOPE. I use what they give me... and customize it. And they all suck. =__= I've also checked out Weebly since I've seen a few people using it. Not what I want

Can a template make my website look like this - http://www.monsterhigh.com/ - No? Then I don't want it. That's why I'm into flash and learning Actionscript. I don't want what their giving me.. That's not my vision :S

I want to make the kind of site that I LOVED playing and going on when I was younger. Not this basic looking baloney and has no appeal what's so ever.

Thanks for trying Lauv.. but that's not what I want :/

Lucid loves Duchess and takes her signature virginity. <3
Ashy refuses to share Duchess with anyone D:<

Duchess is idol TRASH
Feel free to bully me about it

Old Posted 04-22-2011, 04:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #19  

I'm sorry...*pouts*

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 04-22-2011, 04:42 AM Reply With Quote  
It's not you're fault ^^;; No need to apologize. I just have a very clear vision in my head of what I want.

I guess that makes me super hard to work with ._____.

Duchess is idol TRASH

Old Posted 04-22-2011, 04:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #21  

Having a vision in your head is not bad~ Imagination is key to most success~
if you want to, I could ask a friend of mine to try and contact you
he does coding for a website and he's good ^^

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 04-22-2011, 04:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Thanks Lauv! ^_^ I would need people to help with development and stuff in the future!

Duchess is idol TRASH

Old Posted 04-22-2011, 05:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #23  

Or do you want me to drag him over here? XD
it'd be easier for you~

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 04-22-2011, 05:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
No no no no no. GoDaddy is not good. GoDaddy is one of the worst services on the face of the Internet. Their hosting service is mediocre, their customer support is poor, and they have evil practices with their domain names -- THEY own the domain name, not you.

If you're looking for free hosting, I was using Zymic for a while. They don't have the greatest uptime in the world but they're the least annoying free host I've ever used -- absolutely no ads. No free domain name but you do get a short name like "duchess.zxq.net" to use.

If you don't mind paid hosting, I wholeheartedly support Arvixe. They're Trisphee's hosting, and their rates (especially for small personal websites) are very reasonable ($7/mo for month-to-month, as low as $4/mo if you pay in advance). They offer free domain names for life with the purchase of any hosting plan -- and they mean it; you own the domain name and you're free to take it with you if you decide to switch hosting providers. And their tech support is AMAZING -- fast responses, real people, and helpful results, and both the phone line and the live chat support are open 24 hours.

Edit: Don't learn Flash and ActionScript for the purposes of making a website. Flash-based sites are the scourge of the Internet -- they don't come up in Google searches, they're hard to navigate, and the Flash plugin causes problems with computers and web browsers. Make your website attractive and usable using HTML and CSS; Flash should be reserved for animations, games, and other self-contained things that aren't going to ruin your site if someone has Flash disabled.
Old Posted 04-22-2011, 04:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Mr. Halloween
Default   #25  
I know KNDHosting.com, is a nice one. There biggest offered package is "D" which is only 5$ a month.
On phone at points sorry for any spelling born grammar mistakes.
Old Posted 04-22-2011, 09:09 PM Reply With Quote  
I'm not learning it to make a website per say... I'm learning because the website i WANT to make is mainly games ^^;

I'm doing platformers, choose-your own adventure, maybe pvp sidescoller.. who knows. And my chosen profession is Animation..... Flash is a must for me~

That being said, I will try to limit my use based on your advice, but since my website -is- for a younger audience it still will be mostly flash. And my research shows that highly interactive children's websites, like the one I linked to, use flash as a base.

Anyways. Thanks for the info Coda! I appreciate it ^^

Duchess is idol TRASH

Old Posted 04-22-2011, 10:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #27  
We have to make portfolio websites
Alot of my friends used Woobly or Wix.
I decided to buy my domain name and attach it to a blog. If you do that I recommend Wordpress because Blogger, well trying to edit the html is a pain.

Also if you buy the domain there's a website called Inexhibit where you can upload it and use that as a template.
Old Posted 04-23-2011, 07:21 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Good luck, must be a pain.. Tell us when your finished!

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 12:46 AM Reply With Quote  
One Part Of A Whole
Default   #29  
My one piece of advice is steer well clear of Bluehost.com. That is a bitch to navigate because the CP is really convoluted and you really have to know the system before you can code anything or sort any coding issues.

Also, I really wouldn't skip on webhosting, that's paramount for your site and I'd take the time (and the money) in investing in a good and reliable source. (:
Old Posted 09-24-2011, 06:53 AM Reply With Quote