Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Desolation Denizen
Default   #33  
I gave it another test after the fixes and I beat him pretty easily. Just make sure to use the few buffs you have at that point, and if it gets tough you can always have Tristan switch to dedicated healing since he's quicker than Amilia (and should be faster than the boss if he's at least level 6.)

Oh, and I don't know if you like poking around, but there's a Piety Scripture in Orec's house that can boost Tristan's magic damage for using Wildfire against Liukaeryos. Actually, it's a good idea to check pretty much everything wherever you can, as I have stuff hidden all over.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 08:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
I did find the Piety scripture, I know you talked about your proud collection of bookcases so I was checking them. Does this mean I should be checking pots and vases too? :p

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 09:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #35  
Um... yes, on principle. There are a few pots and such that have items in them scattered throughout the game. Usually bookshelves and cabinets, though.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 09:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Alright, tried again. The fiends were much better this time around, in fact none of them even used the drain ability on me so I wasn't able to find out how much less damage they did. Fought the boss again, easily clearing the first part...however the second part again almost wiped me out on account of an instant death ability I guess he didn't have a chance to use last time. Also he killed Amilia in one non-critical hit even with the defense buff active. I'm going to reload and try again and see if I was just supremely unlucky.

Serra's Art Gallery

Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 10:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #37  
That sounds unlucky. And, Amilia is only level 4. She should probably be higher, but then, the fight would be almost too easy since she gets Godspeed soon, which hastes the entire party.

You do have healing items, by the way, though I'm sure you figured that out. It can be tough to use them in battle, though, especially given how many multi-person attacks he has.

And, I didn't decrease the value of the Blood Banquet attack, I just lowered their % chance to use it and lowered their max HP so it wouldn't benefit them as much.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 10:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Alright, I managed to beat him this time with only one dead, Amilia fell to his insta-kill attack and Tristram/Horyuu were paralyzed but Orec does the most damage anyways so I squeaked through. Since the save is right before the fight now I think it's fine as it is, especially if it's a barometer of upcoming difficulties :p

Serra's Art Gallery

Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 10:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #39  
Yay! Awesome! You'll probably need to grind Amilia up a bit so she's not totally useless, but the thing about her is that she doesn't learn offensive spells innately, but as part of story events, so she won't be anything but a healer until a little ways into the game, except for the Exorcism spell she learns, but that only works on demons and undead (which, admittedly, are a huge portion of the game's enemies.)

And the next fight... probably won't be as bad. Maybe. It can be strategized for, at least.

Oh, and you're onto the epically long flashback sequence now. You can blame Quiet for that idea. :p
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 10:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Haha, well I can live with long flashbacks. It's usually how some games go, you know, a little bit of action before the big meaty story part so you feel like you've invested enough time to actually listen to the story xD

Serra's Art Gallery

Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 10:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #41  
It's probably not actually that long, maybe a half-hour or so. It just feels like a huge chunk of game-time because of how short the game is at the moment.

And... I forgot about the two bosses in the flashback. The first one is pretty easy, the second one... well, there's a save point right before him. :p Remember to buff, though, and you should be fine, seeing as you have an end-game party for that part. ;)
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 11:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Oh, a couple more suggestions, while I'm thinking of it. The spot before the attack on town, when Tristam and Orec are talking, Granny is still wandering around. She actually got run over when Horyuu ran in, you may want to either make her stationary or if possible remove her from the house for that scene. Also, in the beginning of the flashback, there was a cut back to the house for Amilia to say one line. Since the scene doesn't change (it goes right back to the King's bedchamber) it might be better flow-wise if she just said her line in the scene, as it's apparent it's a flashback and she's narrating.

Serra's Art Gallery

Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 11:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #43  
Those are both excellent suggestions, and that's kind of funny, too. Easy enough to shut her off for that scene.

And come to think of it, the cut back to the house was a fair bit of extra work. I'm wondering why I ever even included it. :p

Oh, and her backstory is pretty heavily inspired by the Dragonlance novel Time of the Twins, which I must have been reading when I first came up with this part of the story. I'd feel bad, but project is just for fun, so I'll borrow whatever I like. :p
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 11:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Mentioning that I can see it now, Time of the Twins is rushing back to me. Actually during the flashback scene Granny is still wandering the house while everyone else is talking, I'm only noticing because I'm not moving quickly through this while I hang out here :p

Serra's Art Gallery

Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #45  
Maybe she should get killed in the attack...

:p

Nah, that might make Orec go completely insane.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-15-2011, 12:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Yes, yes it would. And WOW I'm surprised but I'm recognizing a music, in the flashback when Xavier makes landfall, it's one of the battle musics in Dragon Force. Oh it brings back memories...I'll probably end up talking about it in our other game chatting thread.

Should I be taking notes about any formatting or spelling things I run across? :p

Serra's Art Gallery

Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-15-2011, 12:22 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #47  
Bleh. My game download ran away again and I can't find it. I'll try the megaupload one later. Not into downloading stuff at the moment, with sketchy net and all. It's vexing.
Old Posted 06-15-2011, 12:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Aww, so not fair Quiet. I'm enjoying the music in the background as I post here ^^;

Serra's Art Gallery

Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-15-2011, 12:30 AM Reply With Quote