Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Double Rainbow
Default IT CAME!   #1  

The ink is not as dark as I expected,though that might be because the nib is extra fine; however, I may have to do a thorough cleaning.It may look dark in the photograph, but it looks purople in person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 10-23-2017, 06:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
ohhh pretty snazzy. whats all the stuff it came with

Old Posted 10-23-2017, 06:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Magic
Default   #3  
i'm super happy for you
Old Posted 10-23-2017, 06:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Bear View Post
i'm super happy for you
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
ohhh pretty snazzy. whats all the stuff it came with
It came with a bulb syringe, some pen flush, Needle syringes, some cards, Diamine Onyx Black ink, and a small, 6 ML bottle. Also a Lamy warranty.
Quote:
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 10-23-2017, 06:51 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #5  
That's super cool. XD

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 10-23-2017, 09:36 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Pretty!

What's that blue ice-cream cone thing?

Old Posted 10-23-2017, 10:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #7  
That's a bulb syringe. I'm also quite fond of the pen.
Quote:
Old Posted 10-23-2017, 10:21 PM Reply With Quote  
-:-o}}}-O-{{{o-:-
Very impressive! Reminds me of the days one had to trim one's quill by knife and sand the ink to dry it. :)
I used to have a sig. Really.
Old Posted 10-24-2017, 06:36 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #9  
I don't know much about fountain pens, but maybe the lighter colour to start is from the ink having to work it's way through the pen? Does it come empty?

Also, (if you don't mind my saying) your cursive looks a bit on the wobbly side. Do you write on a slant or straight up and down?
Old Posted 10-25-2017, 07:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umaeril View Post
Very impressive! Reminds me of the days one had to trim one's quill by knife and sand the ink to dry it. :)
They sanded ink in the olden days to dry it? I thought they left it alone for the air to dry it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
I don't know much about fountain pens, but maybe the lighter colour to start is from the ink having to work it's way through the pen? Does it come empty?

Also, (if you don't mind my saying) your cursive looks a bit on the wobbly side. Do you write on a slant or straight up and down?
Maybe, but it got dark. ^_^ No, the pen did not com empty. See, the pen comes with a cartridge, unless it's a gall pen, but I took out the ink cartridge of my pen to insert the converter into it. I did clean out the nib before I used a different ink, so maybe I rushed into things too quickly.

I write at a 45 degree angle, so slanted, but I was also trying to write with my shoulder as well... also, I was trying to write fast.
Quote:
Last edited by Boris; 10-25-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Old Posted 10-25-2017, 08:41 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #11  
Ah. Yeah, when I write fast the words tend to get smaller near the end and some letters go missing.

I tend to write at (if I had to guess) anywhere between 50 and 90 degrees, depending where my hand is comfortable that day. (I'm guessing that's right, assuming 90 degrees is writing on a fully horizontal piece of paper.)
Old Posted 10-26-2017, 12:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
How one can write at a 90 degree angle on horizontal paper is beyond me. I can understand if the paper was on a vertical level, but horizontal, I can't fathom how the works.
Quote:
Old Posted 10-26-2017, 10:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #13  
It means you're holding your forearm parallel to your body. It's not actually uncomfortable, but it can be a bit different in terms of the angle you're looking at the paper.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-26-2017, 07:37 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Pretty much like that. In some cases I'm writing up a piece of paper, rather than across.
Old Posted 10-27-2017, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
It means you're holding your forearm parallel to your body. It's not actually uncomfortable, but it can be a bit different in terms of the angle you're looking at the paper.
Does that mean... you're lying down are standing straight?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
Pretty much like that. In some cases I'm writing up a piece of paper, rather than across.
I'm still confused, but alright.
Quote:
Old Posted 10-27-2017, 09:46 AM Reply With Quote  
To Meet Ya
You do calligraphy or? I've recently shown an interest in it so I'm going to purchase some tombow brush pens.
In memoriam - Leena Miller
Old Posted 10-27-2017, 10:33 AM Reply With Quote