Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mother Ship
Default   #1985  
But here's the thing, let us say someone has a plastic keychain that happens to be the same or similar shape to stabby cat and is painted metallic since some stabby cats are painted metallic pink and stuff. They get arrested because they got a keychain. What? But I can carry a machete around (big knife, can be argued for) and everything's fine? That's weird and makes no sense. The cat, whether it is plastic or stabby....may never be used, but unless this place becomes a jungle, there is no real reason to need a machete in this area.

Note: Down the street, they don't need a reason to arrest...they can just do it because they don't like your face.

Idk of the kanto spawns are until the end of the month or not, I think they are. The legendaries are until the 20th, then it becomes Mewtwo (which I will never get) and who knows after that?

I'm still working towards magikarp and hatching...9? eggs I think...woo.
Old Posted 09-16-2018, 11:25 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Weird seeming laws tend to have reasons behind them, or exceptions that haven't been thought of, yet. Can't cover everything in one go. A few years back, pepper spray was banned because there was a spate of robberies using it.

I caught my first ever chancy the other day! Not too tough a one though. Only 500 cp, and barely 2//3rd of the arc.
Old Posted 09-16-2018, 11:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #1987  
Pepper Spray is perfectly fine here.

And I only have a chansey because someone traded me one .-. I need moar candies. I need dat blissey.
Old Posted 09-17-2018, 02:36 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Giz, Azy, or Derpy, you guys still playing? Want to re-friend for the research goal? I need one more.
Old Posted 09-17-2018, 05:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #1989  
There was a magmar raid when I was coming home and you better believe I took it on XD And I still had control of the gym from earlier lol
Old Posted 09-17-2018, 04:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Haunted AND the thing that haunts you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokuutsu View Post

I am enjoying increased Kanto spawns. Got Nidoqueen, Rhydon, more Magikarp, good stuff XD I already had the gold badge, but it is still good :3
Same. I'm still five Pokemon away from my gold badge and at this point, I need mostly evolutions to fill it.
It's a bit annoying though how many Ghastly I've encountered recently, they're quite common right now even during the day. Figures, this had to happen AFTER I spent what felt like for-fucking-ever on the 10 ghost pokemon mission!

I could use more Magikarp encounters, I'm just under 50 candies away from being able to evolve mine and I'm after over 2 months I'm so over having this thing as my buddy, I want to switch it out! I've lost patience for waiting for the one at a time buddy rewards. I'd rather catch them with pinap berries.

I have both a Magmar and a Chansey and the Chansey is one Pokemon that I need to be my buddy because I caught it back in May and it's the only one I've ever encountered.
~ Red Rum She Said
Last edited by RedRum; 09-18-2018 at 12:33 AM.
Old Posted 09-18-2018, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1991  
Nuts to streaks! Evolving stuff anyway, especially since I'm back to day one anyway, since I didn't go out yesterday.
Old Posted 09-18-2018, 04:34 AM Reply With Quote  
I hear yah.
I have a mission to make 3 great throws in a row but I haven't been able to get more than 2 without breaking the streak.
It's made me realize that while I'm capable of achieving a number of great throws, I don't know how to intentionally aim one.

It's field not special so I could discard it but the prize is 5 ultra balls which I want.

Throwback:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokuutsu
Idk of the kanto spawns are until the end of the month or not, I think they are. The legendaries are until the 20th, then it becomes Mewtwo (which I will never get) and who knows after that?
Yeah, I have little to no chance at Mewtwo either. :'(
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 09-18-2018, 01:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1993  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokuutsu View Post
But here's the thing, let us say someone has a plastic keychain that happens to be the same or similar shape to stabby cat and is painted metallic since some stabby cats are painted metallic pink and stuff. They get arrested because they got a keychain. What? But I can carry a machete around (big knife, can be argued for) and everything's fine? That's weird and makes no sense. The cat, whether it is plastic or stabby....may never be used, but unless this place becomes a jungle, there is no real reason to need a machete in this area.

Note: Down the street, they don't need a reason to arrest...they can just do it because they don't like your face.
At that point it boils down to the officer making a call on just how appropriate it is. Is it worth the trouble to make an arrest that's going to get overturned in court on a borderline case? Probably not. But if you're brandishing your faux-stabby cat threateningly, then the officer has unambiguous grounds to arrest you.

For what it's worth, brandishing said machete will get you arrested too. They can't tack on an illegal possession charge, but it IS still a deadly weapon even if it's one that's legal to carry.

So really, the laws are about discouraging people from having such things because they tend to escalate situations more than they resolve them, because it means that you're going to get in more trouble if you have one of those when you do something else illegal.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-18-2018, 03:38 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
That's mentioned in self-defense classes as well. Don't carry things like knives unless you are confident and know what you are doing, because there's always the chance that the person going after knows more than you. Brandishing something dangerous can also cause the situation to escalate. It's one of the reasons it's recommended never to yell "I have a gun" if dealing with home intruders or something, because if they've got one as well, they aren't going to wait for you to shoot first.

I had that stupid 2 great throws in a row as well. I tossed it, in part because I was getting annoyed at the constant streak/streak broken messages I kept seeing. On the other hand, I've had this "evolve five fire types" thing for ages, because I just can't bring myself to get rid of it when I manage to do it. It's' taken so long, I can't quit with only one left! And I just got 25 candies for my Cinder.
Old Posted 09-20-2018, 02:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #1995  
Today I came across two Mewtwo raids but at gyms that I have never participated in so don't qualify at but couldn't have participated if I had because I was in no position to stop. On top of that, I'd probably never beat one alone and I've only ever entered one raid that had one other participant. Otherwise, I am always alone.*
I want a Mewtwo so much! :'(
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 09-20-2018, 06:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Shiny RNG is mean. :(

Ginny, Jason, and I went out to play for Community Day. I got six shiny Chikorita. My son got eight. My wife only got two, and only right at the end.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-22-2018, 07:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #1997  
I got none. I never seem to be able to get out during community day hours.
I did catch a couple of Chikorita but no shinies.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 09-22-2018, 11:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I got two shinies right at the beginning and that is it .-.
Old Posted 09-24-2018, 12:39 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1999  
I don't think I've ever seen a shiny. Clearly people have them, but outside gyms I haven't encountered anything special that was from a friend egg.

Sneazle today!

Got a pokemon in a gym as well but she only stayed there long enough to 2 coins. Blah.

I finished up a research week when they were advertising Suicune, but it was another Entei that popped up. I wonder if those are determined by timing of the first stamp. Also two Entei's seems a little problematic.

So help me, I named my primeape "Primeaplepen." I'm only disappointed that there wasn't enough space to properly spell apple.
Old Posted 10-01-2018, 10:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I hatched a Dratini and it is my first 100iv

And I got the 1st gen regionals that I didn't have :D

Entei or suicune is determined by when you get the 7th stamp I believe which Suicune starts 6 hours ago about?
Old Posted 10-01-2018, 10:51 PM Reply With Quote