Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Lazy
Question Oh no....Apples   #1  
I wonder if apples can cause acne. I know I did a paper in middle school about apples and acne. I was a middle schooler, I never really knew better. I noticed every time I eat apples, I gain a huge pimple on my chin. It's annoying and sometimes it's sore. It also makes it feel rough. Then I started eating it with a knife, cutting it and eating it that way. So juices won't hit my chin. Maybe that is why. Do apples have some type of acid that causes pimples? What are your thoughts?
Ruff..
Old Posted 01-09-2017, 09:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
I am pretty sure it is the juices, the sugars get on your chin and mess with the oils. But it also may have no correlation. Or Maybe you eat apples before your period and your hormones are already out of balance causing your break outs. Truthfully I have horrible breakouts no matter what I do if I don't take birth control so most of my issues are hormones and forgetting to wash my hair/pillowcase… mostly my pillowcase.
Old Posted 01-09-2017, 11:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #3  
I don't know about apples . . . but I do know that anything you least expect can cause acne =.=

At least, I'm 27 and still get acne all the time from anything y.y

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/top...e-cystic-acne/

here is an article I found though!

Old Posted 01-09-2017, 11:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
It's just in the chin area and I don't have cysts or anything like that. I usually get pimples around my jaw line on my left side. It always comes back. But after high school, I haven't had pimples on my chin anymore. Just apples is when it comes back.
I don't eat apples mu h because it hurts my gums because my teeth are crooked at the bottom and part of my tooth is out infront more and it digs harder. Also my lower lip rubs against my gums and maybe that could be a cause.
Ruff..
Old Posted 01-10-2017, 12:25 AM Reply With Quote  
-
Default   #5  
I've never heard of such a thing.

I eat applesauce all the time and I don't break out. I think I break out more due to hormones or blocked skin pores (when I wear makeup).
.___.
Buying: NATM
Questing: Event Items 13/19
Miniature Fairy Wings, Immortal Worlds, Eye Sore Current Funds:0 Au.
Updated: 12/16/16 08:55 PM
Old Posted 01-10-2017, 09:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Maybe you are mild alergic i didnt know apples could cause acne :(( i just heard often apples are healthy
Old Posted 01-10-2017, 10:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #7  
I have no clue because I have no swelling of anything. Just a weird thing.
Ruff..
Old Posted 01-10-2017, 11:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Well or its the sort of apples! Wild apples are more edible!!!
Old Posted 01-10-2017, 12:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #9  
It could just be having sugary liquid on your face is bad for your pores. Scrub up well after eating fruit?
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-10-2017, 12:40 PM Reply With Quote