Not Logged In

More More More Magic
Default   #3441  
that was uh... something :P
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 12-24-2018, 11:42 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I'm going to be singing that tomorrow...

or the Yogscast Snowman song... that I'm sure will get me into trouble,
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 12-24-2018, 11:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3443  
*collapses in a fit of giggles*
Oh no! That is too perfect! Must screenshot to forever remember and sing the song this way...
Old Posted 12-24-2018, 11:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Those lyrics capture the essence of holidays much better than the original.
Old Posted 12-25-2018, 04:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3445  
Either I have been thinking of the left and right lace rows on the shawl I'm working on backwards or I did 1 extra row of figure 8 between them on the last section. XD
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 12-25-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old Posted 12-25-2018, 01:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Is there an easy way to undo loom knitting mistakes? I know some time ago I skipped a single loop on the simple scarf I was working on, but after noticing the problem two or three rows later, I just couldn't figure out how to fix it.

Or does your shawl look alright anyway and just has some decorative elements swapping places?
Old Posted 12-25-2018, 01:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3447  
If I was using a different yarn, it would br pretty easy, but I'm using a boucle yarn, so it is semi-fluffy and sticks to itself a lot so I don't have the patience to undo the rows to potentially fix it. But if I did mess up all it really does is make an extra row of dots between lace dragonfly wings, so not that big of a mistake really.
Old Posted 12-25-2018, 02:20 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Well Christmas was good, Christmas eve was a social anxiety nightmare. Now I wanna sleep for a week.
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 12-26-2018, 02:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #3449  
Yep, extra row of dots sounds decent enough. Sometimes it's exactly those small imperfections which give a finished piece its character. And I'm sure most folks won't even notice when they look at the finished shawl. You can give us a "spot the row" guessing game once you're finished xD

Hooray for surviving, Damies. Rest well ^^
Old Posted 12-26-2018, 05:52 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Christmas felt.... kinda like a normal day for once. Idk how to feel about that yet. ._.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 12-26-2018, 08:34 AM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #3451  
Morning everyone? How was everyone's christmas?
Razz | Pansexual | 30 | Genderfluid (She/He/They)!

Hooked on Final Fantasy XIV!
Old Posted 12-26-2018, 09:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Exhausting, but not as bad as last year. I still miss my grandfather though, it was only the second Christmas without him.
Old Posted 12-26-2018, 09:40 AM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #3453  
Aww, i'm glad it was better than last year's, but sorry to hear about your granddad.

Old Posted 12-26-2018, 09:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Thank you. I'm sure it will get better with time, but I expect the next two or three years to still feel odd.
Old Posted 12-26-2018, 09:50 AM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #3455  
Time heals all wounds they say. Or at least they scar over with time.

Old Posted 12-26-2018, 09:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
long post alert, my apologies....

xmas was a trip that i'm glad is over. it really started back on december 8th, when hubby, who was supposed to pick four names for the four of us so we'd know who we would have for xmas (keep in mind there's only 9 of us in the first place), claimed his mother never gave him the names of who we all had... i called her and finally got the names. i sent out the email for everyone to "reply all" with xmas lists of what everyone wanted. i was the only one to reply - ever. and then just this past weekend, my older daughter tells me that i had the wrong email for my mother-inlaw (who had me) - but xmas 2016 she said "use email #1" and all the xmas 2017 emails were from #2, but now she tells me to use email #1 instead. i mean, in the end i got a $50 visa card, so there is that.

and... on the way to xmas (only about a 50 minutes drive) everyone's all talking and in good moods, so i figure to let hubby know about younger daughter's accepted students' day at the college she's already committed to - which is a 6-hour drive across state. money is tight, and i completely understand my 17-year-old not wanting to share a hotel room with her parents in the next bed, so i said instead of getting two rooms, it would be me and younger daughter going so we could get only one room. hubby said (in a kinda weird/pouty/hurt but trying not to show it tone) "okay" - and then proceeded to mostly ignore me the rest of the day. and when we got home at like 7:30, he just disappeared into the bedroom for an hour-long nap (he's good at depression naps. also refuses to accept he might have an issue in the first place). but over the rest of the night, i kinda got him to respond to me just a little bit. i mean, at least when i was going to sleep and i told him "love you" he said "love you too" and didn't sound pissy or anything, so that's a plus. (we've been married 24 years, i can actually tell when he sounds pissy or pouty or whatever. he sounded 'normal' last night.)

so: i've solidified what to do for my xmas for next year (i was going to do it this year, but it didn't work out): i'm going to excuse myself from the gift giving; and i'll be changing the email to exclude the "reply all" because no one does that anyway. *nods*

currently reading: Wind by Erin Hunter (#23) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 12-26-2018, 11:47 AM Reply With Quote