Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Dazed
Default This Is What I Hate..   #1  
...About Myself.

This, is what I hate about myself.
Warning: {RANT!}

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I just want to say that I don't hate myself, this is just something I hate about me, if that makes any sense at all.

I'm extremely skinny. I'm fourteen years old, going into my first year of High School, and I only weight 80 pounds. I'm tiny compared to my friends, and at school I get made fun of and laughed at and joked about, whatever else. If I had a choice, I would gain weight. But no matter how much I eat, it seems impossible to gain weight. I've even gone so far as to only eat junk food. But still, nothing helped me gain weight. Please know: I'm a very healthy girl. I don't each much junk food, if any. I only ate it a lot that one time to attempt to gain weight. My parents don't buy soda's or chips, we buy fruits and vegetables. I just thought I'd make it clear, that I'm back to my healthier diet.
Anyway, people tell me that I'm so lucky. But really, I'm not. It sucks ass being so skinny. It's to the point where I'm getting used for other peoples benefits. I never realized it until recently. I honestly don't know who my real friends are anymore.
I would seriously do almost anything to gain a little bit of weight. I wish I could at least be one hundred pounds. That would at least be pretty normal. But instead, I'm twenty pounds under.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I. Hate. This.
Old Posted 07-23-2012, 12:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I weighed 80 when I was 14, too >.>

How tall are you? Because...depending on your height and genetics...it's better to be skinny early on.

If you're really self-conscious about it, you could wear loose or baggy clothing. That might help hide your skinny-ness. Also, how much protein do you have in your diet?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 07-23-2012, 12:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #3  
Espy;
I'm 5'3 at the moment. I've
been growing a lot lately,
but I haven't gained weight.

I get at least some protein
in everyday. My mother and
father want us to be as
healthy as possible(me, my
brother, and my sister),
so my mom makes healthy
meals and my dad tries to
get us active..

Although, I don't get much
cheese. I don't like most
of the cheese my mum buys,
so I usually wont eat cheese.
But I'm a meat-freak.
Old Posted 07-23-2012, 09:49 AM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
I was obese when I was 14 Im 5'8. And I weighted. 220 at the time large titties and I got birthing hips.

Government says that for five foot eight I should weigh 150 lbs. and for someone who Is five foot three should weigh between 107-127 lbs.

It's easier to gain weight than to lose it

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 07-23-2012, 09:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #5  
Echo-chan713
I'm sorry that you were like
that in school. Unless you
liked being obese, then,
good for you. But, I have
a lot of friends that are
obese. At my school, nobody
talks to them..so I do.

For me, that's not the case.
I can't gain weight, no matter
how hard I try. I've asked my
health teacher about it, and,
he just said 'Oh, you'll get
there sooner or later.' My
teachers aren't very helpful.

Maybe I should just talk to
my doctor about it..next time
I have an appointment. :c
Old Posted 07-23-2012, 10:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Celestial Princess
About how much do you eat? What's your Average Daily Calorie Intake?
I amGREED, Fall before me!
Old Posted 07-23-2012, 10:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #7  
Have you gone through puberty yet? Some people start really late and can't really gain weight until they start. You also may have a really high metabolism, which will slow down as you get older allowing you to gain weight. Look at your parents, if they are really skinny you have inherited the genetic goldmine that so many people want, and will probably stay skinny for the rest of your life. If they are larger and as children weren't that skinny you may actually be sick, several things can lead to an over act metabolism but if you think it is that you should express your concerns to a doctor.
In any form other than sickness one of the best ways to gain weight with a high metabolism is to work out to gain muscle mass. If people are trying to use you to look better because you are skinny leave them, make friends with people but realize that a lot of it is the melting pot of high school.
A lot of my Dad's family is extremely skinny, my grandmother is 100 lbs and eats cake every day, my cousin is a model and a size 00, and my Aunt had to put on weight to be allowed to join the air force. They complain about stores not having their size because they are so small but they all enjoy that they can eat what they want when they want it. So live in the perks, you won't gain the freshman 15 in college, you can wear your clothes from 4 years ago, you can go to france eat all of the rich foods and wines and not gain weight.
My metabolism yo-yos between overactive and slow, when I entered high school I was a size 6, when I graduated I was a size 2 and 115 lbs. I ate 4 meals a day and ran 4 miles every weekend and couldn't gain weight. I was uncomfortable with the fact that you could see my ribs, and that I couldn't control the weight loss. I wore baggy shirts and wore jeans that I had to keep up with a belt so they didn't fall off my waist. But I will warn you not to do that, it creates an unhealthy body image, it also keeps you unable to see weight gain. Wear clothes you like that show off the fact that you are skinny, to create the illusion of weight wear baby doll tops, or layer shirts. Just don't hide in your clothes, and yes there is a difference. It is having a positive body image instead of a negative one.
Old Posted 07-23-2012, 11:03 AM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
maybe you have a higher metabolism than normal person has, or it could be a thyroid issue

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 07-23-2012, 11:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #9  
Sorry for the late reply, haven't been on much.

Lunaryon;
I'm not exactly sure,
but I do eat a lot.

Tiva;
Yes, I have gone through
puberty already. I do wear
clothes that I like, which are
tight on me. Baggy clothes
don't look good on me.

Echo-Chan;
Yes, that could be a
possibility..
Old Posted 07-24-2012, 12:38 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
First, putting out there that I didn't read what everyone else wrote, just what the author did.... So I probably repeated a few things, ignore as desired.

I know it's hard, specially at 14, but don't freak out too much. Yes, it's very hard to gain weight, just as it's hard to loose weight. But right now your body is learning how to function now that all the hormones are raging through it(yay puberty, NOT). You'll get to a healthy-for-you weight and your body will maintain it. If you absolutely want to gain weight talk to your doctor and see what he/she recommends. Typically they'll put you on a high protein diet with a lot of exercises. But, as you learned, just because it's called junk food doesn't mean your body will immediately store it up.

On a slightly odd tangent; I'm very jealous of your healthy diet and habits, so keep them up if only to be a very, VERY good example.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 07-24-2012, 02:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #11  
Fey;
Thank you, and I
have been thinking
about going to see
my doctor. I have
an appointment with
him next month, so
I could ask him then.

But, I do eat a lot of
protein, and I do exercise
a lot.
Old Posted 07-24-2012, 09:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Eating lots of calories and sitting around all the time will surely help you gain weight. *nods*
but hey, you just need to wait ^^ or maybe the svelteness is in the bloodline

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 07-25-2012, 10:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Tangible Badassery
Default   #13  
It sucks to be on either side of the extreme spectrum.

Right now, I am 5'11 at 200-210 LBS. When I was 14 I was 5'9 at 150LBS. I would give my left kidney to be that size again, but because of how I gained the weight (birthcontrol), I doubt I can physically attain it ever again. There are days when I just want to be thinner, but at the moment I have to be happy with what I have. Sure, I am a bit overweight (being tall helps aesthetics) but it is out of my control for the immediate future.

Being super skinny might be inconvenient for you right now, but I wouldn't worry about it if A) you are eating healthy, B) getting regular exercise, and C) doing all that you can. It doesn't help to worry about things you can't fix, ya know? Believe me, I am at the opposite side of spectrum on the weight front. I used to be 5'9, 260 LBS.

And kids will be asshats and make fun of everyone for SOMETHING. And people will use anyone/anything that they can gain something from. Just choose your company wisely and don't even give the bad ones the time of day.
Old Posted 07-25-2012, 11:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
Wow...for me when I was that age I was super super over weight...I was in high school and was verging on 350lbs with a height of 5'9. School was one of the hardest things to go through. All I have to say to you is that even though you dont think it your very lucky to be the size that you are. I would kill anything or anyone to even be near that weight....but realistically I have to do everything over time...I am now 22 and have lost 100lbs and still not happy.

Everything I think has a way that they want to look...some have it easy while others struggle for everything that they have. All I really have to say for you is look at your different options...I mean I think your doing it the wrong way. Dont gain the weight in fat gain it in muscle. Start working out, running, lifting weights...You will gain the amount you want in time.
~*~*~*~*~*~ ♥...If you will have me we shall be...♥~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~♥ ...Together forever and a day...♥ ~*~*~*~*~*~
Old Posted 07-26-2012, 01:15 PM Reply With Quote  
TWIGNIFICIENT PIXELATOR
Default   #15  
I know how you feel. I was only 100 pounds up until about a year ago (now I only way 115ish, but still) and I'm 19. It's most likely due to a very high metabolism, and I know it sucks now, but believe me it's something to be thankful for.

You will gain weight eventually, but eating tons of junk food is not how to go about it. Like Pink said, it's better to gain weight through muscle, not fat.

One more thing. It doesn't matter how thin or overweight you are, as long as you stop hating yourself and start owning what you have, people will probably lay off when they see how confident you are. :)
Old Posted 08-01-2012, 08:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
That post, twigg. AMEN to that :)
I was a very skinny when I was a kid and all I did to gain weight is to eat healthily. I'm just trying my best to lose some xD;

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 08-01-2012, 08:28 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
hate, hating, kitty, rant, sigh