Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #1441  
Don't you just love how they'll make you take a pregnancy test, even if you've told them, honestly and truthfully, that you've never done the stuff that leads to pregnancies? /sarcasm
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 10-13-2017, 06:25 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
people lie like a rug on a floor though, den xD not saying everyone does, but people in general....

clicking the dancie fox will take you to my dA
currently questing for both furballs

"Who's a good foxy? Who's...wait, why are you growl...OH THE PAIN!"
Old Posted 10-13-2017, 08:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #1443  
yeah, but I had to do a pregnancy test last year, and I have never done any of the activities that can lead to pregnancies, nor do I have any interest in doing so. so in some cases, it is a pointless test.

Quote:
Old Posted 10-13-2017, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
I'm going to laugh so hard if I ever get compelled to take a pregnancy test, myself.

And Den...don't take it personally. Too many people do lie about such things to their doctors and it punishes everyone.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 10-13-2017, 11:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #1445  
It's just annoying because people assume someone my age has done the deed.

Quote:
Old Posted 10-14-2017, 12:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Yeah I get that. Assumptions are pretty terrible.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 10-14-2017, 02:45 AM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #1447  
-appears- I have achieved absolutely nothing in my brief absence!

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 10-14-2017, 10:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed

I finished the smaller of the dolls I'm working on... construction-wise, at least. I still have to make the hair and clothes, and make her face.

If anyone wants the pattern, and a step-by-step, here it is. The original page is in Russian, so Google Translate is your friend.

Quote:
Old Posted 10-14-2017, 05:08 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #1449  
that's so cool, den!

clicking the dancie fox will take you to my dA
currently questing for both furballs

"Who's a good foxy? Who's...wait, why are you growl...OH THE PAIN!"
Old Posted 10-14-2017, 07:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
It was more complicated than fabric dolls I've made before, but a lot easier than I initially thought it'd be, so it was a nice challenge for me. I've gone a step further, and drafted my own attempt at a fabric doll that I'm working on the prototype/pattern test for now.

Quote:
Old Posted 10-14-2017, 07:17 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #1451  
@Den: I am an asexual virgin so the pregnancy test is 100% pointless for me, and it sounds like you are in the same boat. I just ugggggh. I get the "people lie" part of stuff but they should let me sign a waiver that says if I crank out a malformed baby or have complications due to not taking a pregnancy test I can't blame them... and then give me my shot without taking my piss. ; n; Hopefully we will be able to avoid it by getting my shots on time now. We goofed this round cuz I didn't realize how the schedule worked and of course the doctor didn't really explain it. -epic eye roll- Also your doll is awesome looking so far!

@Sparx: Yay for accomplishing... nothing... cuz... yay?
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 10-15-2017, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I started making a Baymax plush for my Big Hero 6 cosplays! I have an official one, but I want a bigger one for cosplay reasons, so instead of splurging on another one, I decided to make one. Cause I can, and I have the fabric already. xD

(But I do want the hero suited one eventually. Least he's not too expensive. ;u; )

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 10-15-2017, 10:50 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #1453  
that sounds like a fun plush to make!
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 10-15-2017, 11:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukiko View Post
kaderin, aprons are super super easy. when i was working at a craft store in cali, they required all employees to make their own aprons....in the words of 'office space': "for the flair". i messed mine up with the pattern they had us use...but the fabric counter ladies helped walk me through it. i was over-complicating it xD a couple years ago, i made my oldest sister's family aprons just using some simple ones from online. made a cute retro half one for my sister, what looked like a bbq apron for her husband, modified a "dish towel apron" pattern for one of my nieces and winged one using an outline on tissue paper to make one small enough for my nephew. they actually came out really good too. so search online for 'easy free apron patterns'. something will come up that you can use/understand ^__^ and if you want to use fat quarters for it, i've never used them before, BUT my suggestion would be to stitch them together in rows until you have a big enough "piece" of material. so like....idk 4 or 5 in each row, and then make 3+ rows of the fat quarters depending on the length you want it, and then sew the "rows of quarters" together....add some trim if you want to the bottom/sides and use double fold bias tape OR wide ribbon for the ties. i like using the bias tape cause it holds up better with the tying and untying, but ribbon can totally be usable (and a bit cheaper; when i made the family aprons, i had gotten some leftover fabric from the sister i live with's boyfriend's mom. so i wasn't too upset money-wise to have to shell out about $10 in supplies -good thread, bias tape, trim, contrasting liner fabric, etc- ) and adding a pocket is super easy with fat quarters. you can just angle it at one of the corners and fold down the top corner to make a triangle.

edit: maybe november's craft-a-long can be aprons xD (drawing or sewing or whatever) cause tis the season for baking, right? right? xD
Lol. The place I work at doesn't require we make our own aprons, though they do encourage it. Or did. I know the dress code is changing soon, but I don't remember if we can use our own aprons or if we have to use the new ones that are coming. Either way, I have a cute vintage style pattern for one, but I'm still such a sewing newb that I'm afraid I'll completely fuck it up. Also, I think I really need to invest in a rotary cutter and cutting mat and other important tools before I get too into "big" projects.
But I do like the idea of aprons being next month's theme. Maybe I'll finally make mine then...
Old Posted 10-16-2017, 04:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #1455  
one nice thing about being an asexual virgin is that you don't have to get tested for STIs, so yearly exams go quicker. lol

I've got all the parts for the prototype big doll cut out, but I haven't started sewing him yet.

Quote:
Old Posted 10-16-2017, 06:35 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I still have not had a yearly exam and my doctor said I don't need one unless I have something unusual happen or become sexually active. 8D My doctor is pretty good to be honest but the rules his clinic makes him follow for stuff can be quite limiting and frustrating.

SEW DAT DOLLEH!

Also Kaderin maybe try a "simple" apron to start? Kinda like this:
http://www.designsponge.com/2011/05/...ing-apron.html
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 10-16-2017, 08:17 PM Reply With Quote