Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default   #465  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
my general feeling on all that:

there's a time to despair, and there's a time to fight. this is not the former.
I’ve been spending all of my spoons fighting for Pittsburgh and my friends there. I’m running out of spoons to fight for myself and the rest of my queer friends.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-29-2018, 07:49 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Espy, remember that you're not alone. It's okay if you need to take a breather for a moment. They want to wear us down so we're all too tired to protest anymore, but we are a team, not a bunch of solo individuals. Once you've gotten a little rest, come back to the fight so someone else can take a break.

You're doing a lot of emotional labor right now, we all are, we have to learn to decompress while we can so we don't implode.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 10-29-2018, 07:56 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #467  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
I’ve been spending all of my spoons fighting for Pittsburgh and my friends there. I’m running out of spoons to fight for myself and the rest of my queer friends.
you misunderstand me

fighting isn't always protesting and activism. fighting is also taking care of yourself and those closest to you so they don't lose hope, and neither do you.

despair is that hopelessness when you start feeling like you can't keep doing it, like something has to give and it's going to be you.

you're not out of spoons. you don't have them where they need to be right now.

as mek said, taking time for yourself isn't giving in.

Old Posted 10-29-2018, 08:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
...That is a fair point.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-30-2018, 04:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #469  
Again, very well said.

It's a lesson that I've had to learn the hard way in my own life. I had a literal nervous breakdown, panic attacks and all, because I spent so much time shouldering all of the responsibilities for everything all by myself and didn't leave enough to take care of myself.

Taking time to keep yourself in functioning condition means you're not crumbling into a state that can't help anyone.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-30-2018, 08:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Daily awful: many prominent Jewish leaders in Pittsburgh wrote a letter to Trump telling him he’s not welcome in their grieving city until he renounces the white supremacy that he has riled up, until he learns to be compassionate towards everyone in this democracy. And the mayor of Pittsburgh told Trump to not visit.

And less than an hour after the mayor made that statement, Trump announced that he would come to Pittsburgh.

It’s almost like our grief, hopes, and wishes meant nothing at all.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-30-2018, 06:04 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #471  
today, it was time for mama spider and her mate to leave the sanctity of my room

cuz she had 3 egg sacs as big as her whole body hanging in her web, lmao

Old Posted 10-31-2018, 02:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
big y i k e
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-31-2018, 02:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #473  
I respect our friendly neighborhood spider-bros, and I welcome them to coexist with me, but there are boundaries that must be honored.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-31-2018, 05:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
I keep getting non-stop tornado warning alerts.
Old Posted 10-31-2018, 05:54 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #475  
I've had a headache I just can't seem to get rid of, so I've settled down to try to take a nap twice and both times I've been woken up by people asking me to do stupid crap that they could have done themselves. Getting frustrated.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 10-31-2018, 06:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Pepsi Pagan
Sometimes I feel like no one likes me anymore because of the way I withdraw when I'm depressed, which is far too often
I feel like no one even wants me here anymore
But I never know how much of it is real and how much is my BPD again

Some Eclectic Witch
Ashwood's Item Quest Thread
Old Posted 10-31-2018, 08:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #477  
Was all excited to get off work soon so I can go home and watch Hocus Pocus with Derpy (yeah, I really do stuff like that because I have no life...) but I have a wicked bad migraine and am hungry because I don't actually think I've eaten anything other than 3 or 4 mini candies all day. So now I just feel miserable and am kind of just thinking "why bother?" Ugh.
Old Posted 11-01-2018, 01:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
First day of NaNoWriMo and I got JACK SQUAT done because I was sick. >_<

Old Posted 11-01-2018, 11:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #479  
Mom was annoying. She asked me earlier this week if I had money left from TFCon, which I did, because she wanted to go to the Mexican place. she didn't specify that she wanted me to pay for her meal as well as my own. Then she got pissy with me for only having enough to cover my own meal.
Because she didn't tell me she wanted me to pay for everything, I'm somehow in the wrong for not having enough to cover her meal as well as my own.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-03-2018, 12:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
Mom was annoying. She asked me earlier this week if I had money left from TFCon, which I did, because she wanted to go to the Mexican place. she didn't specify that she wanted me to pay for her meal as well as my own. Then she got pissy with me for only having enough to cover my own meal.
Because she didn't tell me she wanted me to pay for everything, I'm somehow in the wrong for not having enough to cover her meal as well as my own.
Lesson learned: Always be suspicious when people ask if you have money.

Old Posted 11-03-2018, 12:59 AM Reply With Quote