Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

*twitch*
Default Stay or break up?   #1  
I've been with my boyfriend for 7 months. :C Of course it's internet dating though. Anyway, I've just been feeling really lonely lately. He doesn't usually comment me or text me first. I always have to start the conversation first. Sometimes I don't talk to him because I want him to start it, & he never does. Is that normal? D: I dunno what to do. It's been 7 months that I put up with it, I think I'm just at my limit.
Old Posted 03-25-2011, 06:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Delicate Soul
Did you try talk to him about this?
My boyfriend had the same thing that I wanted him to try talking to me instead of the other way around. I told him straight up, "I'm the one that starts the conversations, it would be nice if you started one. It would show you're interested and I'd be happy to hear from you." He didn't realized it bothered me and he has been trying to start conversations. Sometimes he can't think of something so he'll just ask me a random question, "What's your favorite color? Why is it your favorite?"
If you've tried talking to him about it try mentioning it again and tell him how it makes you feel. If he doesn't want to compromise and you're pretty upset/frustrated by it, then maybe consider a break up.

Edit: I've been dating my boyfriend over three and half years. We live in different states. Distance isn't a problem for us but have you considered that too?

Broken Spirit
Last edited by Chi; 03-25-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old Posted 03-25-2011, 06:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Banned
Default   #3  
break
internet dating never works
rule of guys
different zipcode means different and number of girlfriends
Old Posted 03-25-2011, 06:59 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
@Chi; Thanks for the help. c: I'm actually talking to him about it right now. He hasn't responded yet though. 8C & yeah. I considered that. He's about 5 miles away. But we're both too young to drive anywhere on our own so we can't see each other.

@Nicole; xD That's so straight forward. I'll take it into consideration. ; u ; Thanks for the help. <3
Old Posted 03-25-2011, 07:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Banned
Default   #5  
i'm sorry i'm very blunt xD
i don't mean any harm but i give truth to what i know
Old Posted 03-25-2011, 07:28 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
@Nicole; Nono. No harm at all. C: I totally understand what you mean. 8D
Old Posted 03-25-2011, 07:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Fydan Ela Yen
Default   #7  

Not worth to keep it going due to LDR.
LDR = long distance relationship
Or few miles away or whatever.
If guy(s) dont strike up convo, it means hes not interested
anymore and moved on already.
Dont ever bitch at him like its his fault for not aware of
what you are feeling and wonder why he doesnt do his part of
'job' to make relationship working out, been there and done that.

To be blunt; just break up and moving on. <3

Old Posted 03-25-2011, 08:01 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
@Logan; Thanks for the advice. ; u ; I'm still thinking about it, But I'll definitely take what you said into consideration.
Old Posted 03-25-2011, 08:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Banned
Default   #9  
-points up at boy- told ya
Old Posted 03-25-2011, 08:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Delicate Soul
Ahh, I see. Communication is key when you date online so talking to him about it can help you if he's willing to listen. Ahh, I see, is this like a "secret" thing? As in do your parents know? It took me a long time to talk to my parents about my online long distance relationship with my boyfriend of three and half years. I went to meet him in real life when I graduated high school, drove 6 hours to see him.

Broken Spirit
Old Posted 03-25-2011, 09:36 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Default   #11  
My parents don't know. :C My mom is very protective on dating. & she really doesn't like me dating before College. She would beat my booty if she knew. D8 My mom & dad prefer if I was with someone the same race as me. ( Sounds horrible I know ) They just want to be able to communicate with him well since they can't speak English well. :C
Old Posted 03-25-2011, 10:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Delicate Soul
Yeah, I can understand. I was really scared to tell my parents. I didn't talk about it openly until I was 18 and graduated.
Mmmm, yeah. My dad was super P.O.'d when he found out about it. Aww, I could see why they would want that, they just want to be able to talk to him in a language they're comfortable with.

Broken Spirit
Old Posted 03-25-2011, 10:22 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Default   #13  
I would bring this up to him. Spell it out so that way he's not confused as to why you're upset about it.

If that doesn't work, then, break up with him. I'm only saying it like this because it sounds like he has no idea that he'd doing something wrong. He's following a pattern that's been set out.

Give the guy one chance, sometimes we aren't the sharpest tool in the shed and we need to be sharpened a bit before it makes sense to us. ^^;

If you would like to see my awesome scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/Blakey914

I may also have a tumblr...
http://spunky710.tumblr.com
If you follow me, drop me a message in my ask! ^_^
Old Posted 03-26-2011, 01:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Ice-Storm Knight
Hm.... well I wasn't in a LDR with my current boyfriend, we lived about an hour drive from each other.. but with in the first 6 months it was like that. I was starting conversations. I finally one day told him I wanted to talk more. I didn't say much, just a little and it grew from there.
So maybe give that a shot before completely breaking it all off.
Then if you have tried to tell him what's up and nothing changes. Then you probably should let him go.

I've seen LDR and online relationships grow to something.
I've been with my boyfriend for three years now. And it has grown to a LDR.
Last edited by Airu; 03-26-2011 at 01:59 AM.
Old Posted 03-26-2011, 01:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #15  

@Little Sis: Ya know, I've been there. And long distance relationships with boys is just HAAARD. With girls, I don't know yet *giggles*
Nicole is right, I agree with her. Tell him what you think and feel and just...find someone who will match you. ^^
*huggles*

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 03-28-2011, 05:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Self-proclaimed Non-Conversationalist
I think it's best if you ask him. Like others say, communication is key to ANY relationship. Commitment is greater in a LDR or an online one.

You must know you partner. I take offence to people who just lump everyone and say "BOYS" do this or that. No no no. YOUR boy may do that, if you don't like him doing that... guess what? YOU have the wrong boy, simple.

My bf always is the one to start the conversation, even when he knows i'm sleeping. He always pays attention to my demeanour and can tell when I'm sick, angry, serious, sad, happy, etc. just from my facial expression or typed words alone. AND this is a LDR... Been with him for almost 1.5 years.

Don't be asking strangers about YOUR boyfriend. We are not dating him. YOU are. Dating is to experience and learn more about the other person. Communication is to aid that. We can't tell you if you're growing apart. Only you can.

Communicate to find out. Because if you don't, to him, this break up would seem like it's coming out of NOWHERE because you all didn't talk about it before and try to work it out.

Every person is different, every couple is different. Don't listen to others who are generalizing.. learn 1st hand for yourself.

Lucid loves Duchess and takes her signature virginity. <3
Ashy refuses to share Duchess with anyone D:<

Duchess is idol TRASH
Feel free to bully me about it

Old Posted 03-30-2011, 07:55 AM Reply With Quote