Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Desolation Denizen
Default   #17  
I think the fantasy/sci-fi divide might be better discussed in a separate thread. There's a lot to be said on the topic, but most of it isn't pertinent to Trisphee.

/notes that Spelljammer was a little before his time. :p
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 01:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fey View Post
well, I personally and not a big reader of fantasy stuff, so there's really little story wise that will change my mind. I know it was mentioned elsewhere if we'd be more interested in it if it was done in comic style, and yes, that would interest me more. I'm a huuuuuuuuuuge comic nerd, so the pretty pictures will induce me to care, at least enough for the next installment.
I'm a huge comic nerd too! *u* Well... mostly with webcomics.

I do think the Trisphee story would appeal to more people if it were redone as a comic with some fine editing and more character development. I absolutely loved the Taskal War story and would love to remake it in comic form myself, but I don't think I have the talent to do so (especially since I can't draw wings and most of the characters had wings) nor the time. D: I will admit that I am less familiar with the story since then and it is hard for me to keep up. I can only imagine how hard it would be for a user to keep up with it.

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 01:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #19  
@Illusionist: Like someone already said they work fairly well in the Final Fantasy Universe. I take it you doubt how well Final Fantasy 13 verses will do eh? Not that I mind but I've been waiting for such an combination to occur in one of their games. So excited for it! =D /slightly off topic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzerain of Sheol View Post
No, Jurinjo, I meant do you have the same issues with a protracted narrative structure when it's in a book as opposed to being on a web-page. I'm just curious. I know I, personally, find it harder to read long passages on a computer screen.
Oh...well yes and no. I have a hard time reading the narrative inside a forum. I guess like some people says it sounds like an RP that we're not really involved in so it's hard to be interested so long as we get our items. Otherwise I have no problems reading a book online (now). It's actually less strain on my body than reading an actual book lol -has bad posture-
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 07:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
At the very least I think all the story parts need to be copied (not moved, as they should also be found in their respective spots) to one forum so they can all be found and read by people who want to read them. And then, after that, they should be edited so that they are easier to read. I like having a background story to the events, because that's the way I am, but unless you get to read it when it happens I think the current story is too jumbled and hashed together to read after the fact. The intro for Nox Nocturnalis was pretty good, since it was written like a story, and I think all the stuff that has been done should be rewritten as such.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 10:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #21  
I can't even remember that event though I think I recall earning the event items for it myself. Obviously I didn't pay attention to the story. I haven't a clue what the story was. ;>.>
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 10:36 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
That's not what I mean... Gah.. Only if I had my computer I could explain better...
I love final fantasy, and I think it's a perfect example of a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game/story.
... How should I put this?

The elements in the storys genre just doesn't work I think is the best way to say that.

Example: Who would win in a fight? A powerful technological alien race years ahead of the human race, or a bunch 1700 British soldiers?

So what I'm getting at, sci-fi/fantasy does work because it is fantasy. Trisphee story just doesn't provide enough information like why are they doing this when they can do this instead?

Old Posted 08-15-2011, 12:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #23  
We acknowledge that we've spent far too much time focusing on classical combat in our descriptions. For the masquerade ball we did say that the banquet hall was under a defensive ward to prevent offensive magic from being used, but everything after that... Yeah, we should have had more magic showing up. The technology isn't going to show up so much in THIS event because the tech-users are going to be from Kalin and this is taking place on Quesaria and most of the scripted participants are from here.

I'm not one of the staff writers so I'm not sure I can explain any better than this, but as I said: We do acknowledge this is an issue and we've been in discussion about it.
Old Posted 08-15-2011, 10:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
As coda said, we have been taking this stuff into account, and we are working on some things as we speak. I just thought you guys would like to know that any of the comments made in here that actually give some kind of feedback, are being read and acknowledged =)
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 08-15-2011, 11:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #25  
awesomenes =)
It's a good thing Illusion made this I guess? Time will tell.
Old Posted 08-19-2011, 05:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Zombie Platypus
honestly I haven't really read the story. I am however, very interested in anything that allows me to rebel. Definitely my style.
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 05:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #27  
I'm a rebel during this war even though I'm actually someone who is typically pro-order and by default government. However when there is an injustice it IS patriotic to speak against your rulers no matter what they say about you otherwise. Small steps at first but if this war was the result obviously a certain queen pissed the people off enough. United State's history is a good example but then I'm not being paid to give a lecture on their history. I'd love to get paid to give lectures...I like to monologue I guess. Maybe I should consider a career as a supervillain. -strokes his goatee-
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 07:27 PM Reply With Quote