Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Lost Bird
Default Catastrophe....   #1  
Never thought of the day I'd actually need to use this forum about my own issue. But I really need to get this out of my chest.

Suddenly, I'm homeless... I lost everything in the fire yesternight. I was at school when I received a phone call from my mom. I couldn't pick it up because I was in class. It wasn't until afterschool that my sis called me to ask what happened to mom since instead of picking her up like mom has promised, my uncle went instead. When I called mom, she told me to go straight home instead to a work shop like I have planned. She didn't tell me the reason, just "come home, kay?" Throughout the whole time I rode on the bus, I kept wondering what happened. I was worried something might happened to a member of my family since my mother sounded as if she was on the verge of crying. Suddenly, my sis called me while crying saying "Sis! Come home quick! Please!" I asked what's wrong??? She cried "Our house burned down!" I didn't know what to think. I don't know how I should react because I still have that worry about my dad. I rushed home and ran from the bus top toward my house for the first time in my life. When I saw both my parents standing in front of our house, my heart sigh a relief. Both are safe, no injury. Though... the scene behind them shocked me. Our 7 years-old home have been burned up to the unrecognizable stage. All of our burned furniture were brought out to the front yard. I... I really didn't know what to think. I lost my house, my property, everything, in one evening. It was barely one hour when it caught fire, but the damage was as if it the fire was lit the whole day since morning. The only thing I have on me that day were the clothes I wore to school and my backpacks. My books, my clothes, my computers, my jewelries, all were inside the house. We couldn't even get a piece of cloth out of the trash. We were empty handed.

Right now we really stressed. We suddenly lost everything, not preparing for this disaster. I don't know how our future will turn out. Lucky for us we are living in America. The Red Cross gave us lodging for 10 days under the condition of finding a new place within those days. Other wise, who knows where we will end up with. My relatives offered no word of "Come live with us temporarily" or "I'll rent a room to you". Nothing.

During the disaster, my neighbors whom our family never talk to were the one who lent us their help. They helped us called 911, carry all the stuffs they can get, help put out the fire until the Firetruck came... One of the lady across the street who we never seen or spoke to before immediately get clothes for us, bought us food, and even wrote a check of $200 because she knew we have nothing left. I don't know what to feel. I really appreciate and thankful to the lady. I really owe it to them. But also because of this, I felt really upset toward my relatives who were just standing there. My relatives were 2 houses apart from us. They came out, saw the situation, saw my mother in her short sleeves pajamas and dad in his shorts standing in the cold, they offered no jacket. They just stand there, at least 10 meters apart and yelled "Is it okay?" Just that.

I... am not only upset, disappointed, stress... but I also feel like God is playing with us. He destroyed our life just like that. And we don't even know what is the cause of the fire. We do not use gas, so "oil dripped onto the fire" is out of the question. "Gas tank exploded caused fire" is out of the question. "Your stove left on while no one at home" is out of the question, since both of my parents were home and mom was cooking soup. She just went to the restroom for 1 minute, and the fire rise immediately. The fire level on the stove is barely 2 (out of 10). We don't know what is the cause. The electronic devices that help the fire spread? The houses built in America are wood? Our house are so old it was easy to burn? I don't know anymore. Someone please tell me what we should do now.
|
|

♪♫♪ Self-proclaimed "shy alien ambassador". ♪♫♪

Warning: Tori likes to huggle and snuggle and glomp people randomly. You have been warned. (Oh, I also bite.)
Old Posted 04-01-2011, 01:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
...Trying to figure out if this is an April Fool's joke... x__X
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 04-01-2011, 01:10 AM Reply With Quote  
The Lost Bird
Default   #3  
I really wish it was a joke. Really, I do. But since it happened two days before April Fool, I can't even kid myself saying it was just a nightmare.
|
|

Warning: Tori likes to huggle and snuggle and glomp people randomly. You have been warned. (Oh, I also bite.)
Old Posted 04-01-2011, 01:11 AM Reply With Quote  
The Rose Prince
Thats absolutely horrible D: I can't believe it! And I can't believe that your relatives would just stand there and watch. What heartless people.
I wonder what caused it...I wonder ifa nyone will find out. Do you have fire insurance on your house?
Do you have any money in the bank?
I know that there is the open heart kitchen that gives food, along with some places that will give food for free. For lodging I guess you could rent an apartment until you find another place to live...I am really sorry that that happened. Thats insane, I can't believe it D:
*hugs*
Old Posted 04-01-2011, 02:52 AM Reply With Quote  
The Lost Bird
Default   #5  
@Prince: *hug* My dad said the firemen will investigate to find the cause, but we won't know how long it will take. It's only a rented house, so the insurance is on the owner. We just hope he will be nice enough to reimburse our loss even just a little.
Yeah, but only a thousand or two dollars (since we're low income folks and all).
Yeah, the Red Cross community gave us a $500 giftcard on the incident day so we can purchase food and clothes. The gave us a hotel room for 10 days. We have to find a new place fast. But .... we're pretty much empty handed now so it will be hard to find a place that we can afford. We try not to spend the money in the bank either, since we have nothing else in hand. Who knows what and when we will need the money.

*sigh* It just have to happen on that day. I had a workshop to go, an interview with my Art Institute admission staff, financial aid workshop. Had to cancel all. Worst of all, I planned to open a birthday party at my house next Sunday (since my birthday is on Friday), everything is gone now.
|
|

Old Posted 04-01-2011, 07:38 PM Reply With Quote