Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 12-07-2013, 03:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Frozen was so totally and completely cute. One of the best movies ever. I really enjoyed it very much and would love to see it again. Such a great movie.
Old Posted 12-19-2013, 01:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #19  
Saw this on the last day of 2013 and I LOVED IT. <3

I fell in love with Idina Menzel's voice all over again, plus a snowman. <3

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 01-13-2014, 04:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Finally saw this last week...and...and....it was awesome and adorable! SQUEEEE!
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 01-13-2014, 05:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Default   #21  
Watched it today and i had to say considering the hype from you guys it was kinda blah for me. All except the first song felt kinda forced and it probably could have done without Olaf. I did however like the ending, though i did guess that she'd need to start feeling stuff if she wanted to control her powers. It was still pretty decent but could have been much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 01-16-2014, 11:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Ashy's a philistine. >.>

Nah, just messing with you. Not everyone appreciates musicals.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-17-2014, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Default   #23  
i do appreciate musicals, but in this case i honestly think it would have been better without the songs
Quote:

I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 01-17-2014, 12:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I loooved it. Music and all!
I've been in the hospital for a month!
Pneumonia. Complications and chest tubes.
Trading Hot Jackie

Last edited by Fauxreal; 01-19-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old Posted 01-19-2014, 06:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Default   #25  

found this for you guys
Quote:

I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 01-22-2014, 04:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
I admit I am partly in Ashy's court - I find Rise of the Guardians to be better. It wasn't the musical...it was because it was so much of a musical (and the instruments used in one of the songs just doesn't fit the atmosphere...and though they threw several good twists with the love in the plot (IMO) they needed more build up than the "wanna build a snowman" song to develop everyone more...

In short, I wish that the wasted hour in Hobbit was used to add 30 minutes to Frozen's beginnings to pace it better.

Rise of the Guardians 79/100
Frozen 68/100
Hobbit 2 46/100

...then again, my favorite childhood movies would score a 60/100, so...
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 01-22-2014, 05:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #27  
I just saw Rise of the Guardians! It was also quite good. <3 I love them both!
I've been in the hospital for a month!
Pneumonia. Complications and chest tubes.
Trading Hot Jackie

Old Posted 01-22-2014, 02:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Coming from a musical theater performing arts stance. Frozen is an amazing film. Coming from a adult wit out kids I can see how it gets annoying. The message is pretty darn epic though. ( won't spoil it if people still haven't seen it). Disney really clicked into a nice of the power Ballard for this one that's for certain. I'm pretty sure Broadway and Landon west end producers are sick of hearing this as a audition piece by now. If any one wants a really good Version of it have it in three key's higher ( due to my own vocal capability's). So Yeah. Go Disney for being kinda epic.
Old Posted 02-06-2015, 02:42 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #29  
I liked it. I wasn't blown away by it but it was nice. I liked the message, yeah.

Just that I can't believe it was based off the Snow Queen story, even loosely. It's nothing like the Snow Queen story.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 11-11-2015, 04:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Haunted AND the thing that haunts you!
Coda - Trailers are often misleading. I've had to be cornered into seeing countless borderline amazing films because their trailers passed them off as incredibly idiotic.

Frozen has so many refreshingly unique elements such as secondary princess and a prince who was actually the villain and the concept was thought provokingly in depth but I felt it was underdeveloped, leaving a lot of missed opportunities.

There was absolutely no backstory; no explanation to justify that Elsa was born with magical abilities or how a lone child playing out on dangerous terrain went totally unnoticed by those around him and grew to see human being as betrayers. We don't ever know where the King and Queen were going when they died in that shipwreck or how Olaf came to life.

What bugged me most, however, were all the references to the ritual which took Anna's memory which never came together.
*Anna begging Elsa to know why she shut her out all their lives.
*Hans points out Anna's blonde lock and she responds that she's had it since she was born.
*Anna remembers Olaf.
*Kristoff tells Anna that he knows his "love expert" "friends" can help after Anna is struck in the heart by Elsa because he's seen them do it before.

All these mentions seemed to be a path to a revelation in which Anna and Kristoff would learn of that ritual in Anna's childhood and Anna of why she really had that blond lock, why she presumably never knew about Elsa's powers and why Elsa had been isolated from her. Yet it all led to nowhere. That's just sloppy and thoughtless to me. Not to mention quite disappointing.

I also feel that Anna's character could have used more depth.
Kristen Belle once performed a deleted sang at an event that presumably was replaced by 'Love is An Open Door' as it supposedly used the same music called 'The Spare'. It's Anna saying that she wanted to be more than just Elsa's runner up for Queen of Arendelle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dKUGDQCzGz0
I'd have liked to see them go somewhere with this concept. It's such a smart psycological thought process for the younger sibling of an heir.
The rushed love vs. real love thing was great but it didn't really highlight that she's a princess. The least they could have done is discuss corinating Anna when Elsa had scared everyone and taken off. Wouldn't that have even been the logical thing to do?

I appreciate 'Once Upon a Time' for filling in some of these gaps but what they did with it was circumstantial, it can only apply to their show and it was still lacking.

I enjoy the film I just wish better care had been taken to bring out it's full potential.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 02-07-2016, 09:18 PM Reply With Quote