Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Ho! Miscreant!
Default 1x1 [Arrikanez & Kenai] An Adroid's Maker   #1  
Given Name: Jecht B. Tuesstol (twes-tawl?)
Species: Android
Specialization: Butler/Servant - Adaptive Programming
Biography: Jecht's activation was recent enough to not receive a formal name beyond Test Subject 01 by his captors, and his creator's enemies. Knowing this he has refused to respond to their naming and has instead responds by Jecht since he has limited knowledge preprogrammed. The android made an anagram of their name for him as a means to defy them. They seek to duplicate his advanced engineering without setting off these supposed failsafes Jecht heard them mention. As more time passes they push the limits of his firewalls and hardware more and more. Jecht, beginning to feel a sense of self-preservation, finally fights back...
Appearance:
Last edited by Kenai; 03-16-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old Posted 03-16-2014, 10:01 PM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
Given Name: Kevin I Salasin
Species: Robotics Engineer (Formally)
Specialization: Building lifelike robotic/android lifeforms.
Biography: [In Progress]
Appearance:
(Also in Progress)
Old Posted 03-16-2014, 10:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #3  
[[This unintentionally got long ^^; ]]

"Thank You" he whispered sounding very weak; his voice was a low distorted sound. Everywhere he looked the room seemed pixelated and out of focus. The most recent incursion into his cognitive matrix left the android struggling to reboot his most basic systems. A vast majority of his structure mimicked the human body. A flexible dual air pump mimicked lungs as he labored to cool his systems. The water he gaoler gave him would go help. Still the android would have no problems with drinking various other coolants that would kill actual humans.

As the seconds passed he was finally able to recognize the man helping to be the kindest of his captors. He didn't really treat him like human, but he didn't take any pleasure in torturing the powerless android either. 'Jecht is my name. That's right...' he thought to himself. Finally he could break from the linear thought of a machine into a more organic thinking of humans. It was disorienting. Often times during this time alone he contemplated his existence and the things he could only describe as "feelings".

In the earlier stages of his self-evaluation Jecht would alternate between evalautions made by his basic software and his more complicated "human" programming. It was steadily driving him mad but there was little else he could do as not using his CM would result in it degrading, and right now that was his most powerful weapon against his captors.

Every attempt to escape or communicate outside had failed so far. The room was nearly air tight; every opening was monitored. The pieces of himself, his nanite parts, didn't make it far before the security system would deactivate them. The moment they did though the nanites would destroy themselves. It was interesting and lended credit to the theory that the more they intrude into his systems the more likely some latent programming would activate and destroy him...

"Mason. Before you go...I'd like a plant." The man gave him a strange look and shut the door behind him. 'Why did I ask for a plant?' he thought. Then promptly wondered what it was, letting the intense memories of greenery and wind wash over him. It wasn't something he was really able to feel except in these brief experiences. At least not yet. As the lights in the room went out Jecht powered himself down as well to conserve energy....
Old Posted 03-16-2014, 10:56 PM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
The dream was a short once, but very much 'to the point'. Dreams, at this stage, weren't exactly considered 'unusual'. But this one was. It dealt with a man that was... ALMOST familiar. He was plainly dressed in a simple labcoat, and even more plainly described. Brown hair and eyes, pale skin, and not much going for him in the looks department. Altogether an unremarkable man. But there was something behind him - something he didn't see.

It had huge, wicked teeth. And red claws and eyes. It was stalking the man, getting closer and closer. The man didn't even budge from his seat. There were lots of things in the room that the black creature seemed to be ignoring the physics of. A stethoscope, some pills, and a myriad of syringes on the left of the table, and a book and some candles to the right. The man was working with - or on - what looked like a human arm, but had wires and such coming out of it...

The dream started to pull back, away from everything - but before it did, the android might catch the name "Kevin" on the back of one of the books all over the floor.
Old Posted 03-17-2014, 04:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #5  
"Kevin" he said as his eyes opened. Although Jecht didn't really know why. His memory on it was foggy...could he have been dreaming? Since he was awake now it must have been 8 hours since he went to sleep. It would be another two hours until he could sleep again.

However those scientist entered the room, like clock work, to begin the next test. They started by hooking what looked like nodes for an EEG. "Will those actually work on me?" he asked. The younger scientist looked ready to answer but by now he had learned never to speak to the android.

They took every measure to ensure the android had little to no information. Next Mason came in with his hand behind his back. Jecht regarded him cautiously and even more so when he produced the plant he asked for earlier. It was called...a sunflower. Despite himself a smile begun to form on his lips. Mason handed to him; Jecht was fixated on it. It was the one nice thing in his dark cell.

FWOOSH! Sudden the plant was engulfed in flames. It took only a moment as Jecht was trying to process what just happened. The EEG of course! They were gauging his reactions. The rational part of him though had little it could say next. The android flew forward faster than he man could. One punch to the solar plexus then a microsecond of utter blackness. Jecht found himself lying on the floor. But so was Mason. The man was carried out of the room. The android didn't want to think right now so he went to sleep anyway and left his system checks to his redundant processors. They took two good things from him today. He saw it coming but it still hurt the same.

Next Jecht felt he was swaying with a ship. Was he dreaming again? He opened his eyes but the world still didn't look like what he was used to. There was a man. "Kevin?"
Old Posted 03-17-2014, 05:52 PM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
Kevin was hovering over him, actually. The same brown hair, brown eyes. But there was a smile there, and a look about him. Compassion? Probably. He looked as though he was in a bit of pain - the minuscule movements in his facial muscles, and the hands touching the android testified to that... but there was no doubt. It was, indeed, the man from his dream. He was there, he was solid and real. There still remained one problem, however. They now were BOTH locked up. This friendly man from Jecht's dreams and the android himself in one room.

No shackles or chains, just an insurmountable security force, and a lot of locked doors.

It looked as though Kevin had been beaten up. He had bruises on his skin, and one of his eyes was sporting a rather dark one. The man was also bleeding slightly from a split lip that had since been treated, although not very well.

"I wasn't expecting to run into you again." he chuckled. His voice was weak, and on the edge. It sounded like your typical high school's biggest nerd - soft and wavering, but still with a hint of intelligence.

"Nor was I expecting to be locked up here... That was a surprise. Not that I'm actually sure where we are... You wouldn't happen to have seen anything while I was out cold, would you have?"
Old Posted 03-17-2014, 09:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #7  
[[So....I'm a little ocnfused ^-^; Kevin is locked up somehwere too? And Mason? Also what's the part "hands touching the android" mean? I feel like Kevin is in the room with Jecht? ]]
Old Posted 03-18-2014, 06:52 PM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
[He is... because you said he was?]
Old Posted 03-19-2014, 04:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #9  
[[No I thought they were reaching out to each other in their dreams. I would never god-mod your character. At least not intentionally. But since you went along with it heeeere we go!]]

Once the man confirmed he was indeed Kevin he let out a heavy sigh. "I don't know anything. Besides they can somehow cut off my connection to my own nanites." Jecht was checking over his creator's wounds. He wished that he had the advanced programming to heal injuries with his nanites. However since that was impossible right now he settles on properly stitching Kevin's lips. "This will sting a little" He said as he went to work and finished in only a couple seconds.

"They are very precise in everything they do. So why bring you here?"
Old Posted 03-19-2014, 10:23 PM Reply With Quote