Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Closed Thread

Desolation Denizen
Default   #17  
No reason to be nervous, I have nothing to compare you to, having likewise never done this before. :p

Oh, and to everyone, for items, it's in your best interest to have a Purification Filter, as most water you come across will be poisoned by Wormwood. That is, unless your character has other means of purifying water.

Not that we'll be getting really intricate with stuff like that (unless you guys want to) but it makes for good roleplaying.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 06-19-2011, 09:34 PM  
Lazy
So, if I were to have a medic character who is theurgy-capable but not too inclined towards melee fighting, would they be a Survivor or Theurgist?

Also, in the roleplay's 'present day', how long has it been since the beginning of the apocalypse?
Old Posted 06-19-2011, 10:13 PM  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #19  
Theurgist, in that case. As I said, the classes are flexible. I was originally going to do a stats and powers system for them, but it was just too complicated, so I abandoned it. As they stand now, they really just exist to add flavor to your character. A medic Theurgist is more than fine.

And for the timeline, I'd say roughly one generation. Let's say 35 years since the world-as-we-know-it ended.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-19-2011, 10:39 PM  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Well, here's my submission for my character. It's probably nothing but I half feel like I need to add more here >>

Name: Feenai Leornica
Class: Psychic
Abilities: Mental shields, minor telekenesis
Items: Purification Filter, Succor Capsule x30
Picture (optional):

Physical Description: 26 year old female, long dark hair, usually kept tied up in a loose bun to keep it neat. Pale skin. 5'4" Small features and lower than average musculature.
Background: One of the many born since the apocalypse, her parents brought Feenai up to be independant and trusting. However, she developed psychic powers at age 16 and her parents did not know what to do about it. Feenai did not want to worry her parents and therefore never used her psychic abilities near them, and never really trained herself aside from minor telekenesis. She did, however, spend a lot of time connecting to the Amorpha Network and learning a lot of things about the world.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Last edited by Serra Britt; 06-25-2011 at 03:24 AM.
Old Posted 06-19-2011, 11:55 PM  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #21  
That looks more or less fine, to me. Especially since I haven't come up with where we'll actually be starting play, making it somewhat hard to give a detailed background.

Too tired to give much thought to it now, but it would be either Alexandria or a smaller settlement (just because we need population density for the characters to realistically meet.) I'm in favor of a smaller settlement, myself. Thoughts from everyone else?

Also, I apologize. I said I'd have my character up today, but it's been a really long day for me and I never got around to it. Tomorrow, definitely.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 12:01 AM  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
A smaller settlement would probably be best, even if one or two people end up being drifters or whatever that came into town to start the ball rolling. Somehow it starting in a large place makes it seem less organized and random, at least in a smaller place there's a reason for most of the characters to already have some history.

Serra's Art Gallery

Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 12:09 AM  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #23  
That was pretty much my reasoning, as well. At a glance, I can say with fair certainty that it'll be either somewhere in north Africa or southern Europe, as the whole Holy Land area is a hotbed of apocalyptic warfare, to one degree or another.

Unless there's a desire to start off there. :p
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 12:11 AM  
Lazy
My character is from an isolated French village, which could work. But as Europe goes, France isn't very close to the action, so I can easily have her travel to the meetup area if that's preferable.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 12:16 AM  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #25  
To clarify, I don't care where you guys' characters are from, as long as we can get them all together eventually. And seeing as we still have modern air and ground travel, that shouldn't be much of a problem to work into the beginning of the story.

I'm leaning towards southern Europe at the moment, if only to keep it distinct from Alexandria if we end up going there later. I might have to detail some other points of interest in the area in that case, though, which shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Oh, and I didn't mention it anywhere above, but the Dragon crashed into the the northern United States when it was killed and caused a horrific explosion that wiped out a huge chunk of the country. Life is still going on to the south, but the north is a demon-infested desolation. Just in case, you know, we end up going there at any point. :p

Edit: Also, sorry all, but I'm done for the night. Too tired to stay up any longer. I'll answer any other questions or suggestions you have first thing tomorrow.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 12:25 AM  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
I didn't really pick a location for me, I left that open because I was totally clueless. So starting anywhere would probably be fine for me.

Who wants to tie up Suzerain and tape his eyelids open to make him answer our questions..?

No one? Just me? Uhh...

Serra's Art Gallery

Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 12:37 AM  
Lazy
Default   #27  
Good night, Suzerain.

Yeah, I just used France because I'm using one of my standard characters and that's where she's from. -shrug-

Heh, Serra, I'd agree if I had any immediate questions. x3
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 12:40 AM  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Name: Ruebella Amaranthus
Class: Psychic
Abilities: Empathetic and telepathic psychosis, sexual allure, and the ability to speak directly to certain family members through psychic connection.
Items: Purification Filter, Medial Interface Device, Mercury-alloy Blade (fencing sabre passed down as a family heirloom).
Picture:

Physical Description: 22 year old Rue is 5' 7", and weighs as much as a thin woman who rarely eats is likely to weigh. She sports exaggerated curves which she sardonically calls her "tools of the trade." Her hair is dark reddish-brown and her skin, while not too pale, is still surprisingly light for the world she must live in. She has a tattoo of a heart on her upper left arm which often starts bleeding for no apparent reason.
Background: Through the Eschaton and the years following, the Amaranthus lineage was unsurprisingly resilient in their survival. Having been loyal worshippers of the Son of Perdition for centuries prior, many members of the self-proclaimed black-blooded family had already developed weak theurgic and psychic abilities. With the arrival of the end of the world, their strengthening powers and loyalty to the Son and the Sibyl kept them safe and hidden within their vast underground home near the ruins of Babylon.

The first member of the family to leave their underground haven since the end of the world, Rue is the weakest of her clan physically and the strongest mentally. She is adept at fencing and to a much lesser extent a highly defensive form of martial arts. Her uncanny ability to sense the thoughts and intentions of her relatives was amplified upon the surviving non-magickal humans of the upper world - most especially, it seemed, in the case of human men.

Rue is at once an idealist and a realist. Her aspirations are purposely raised higher than she believes possible, and at the same time she is able to realize and accept that they will likely never come to fruition. She shamelessly uses whatever means possible to complete her goals, including her own body. Nobody has ever heard the details of what she hopes to accomplish through her pilgrimage into the dying world. Rue treats everyone with disdain and caution, and sees them all as tools meant for her personal use. For the people she trusts, she shows complete and utter honesty and loyalty, but those particular people come around rarely, if ever. Rue has only been in love once in her life, and anybody who might ask for details about it would likely find themselves on the end of her blade.

Whoo, so there's mine. I managed to get it done before I ran out of steam for the night. And intelligibly, I hope. ;;

Let me know if anything should be changed. I don't mind editing, if need be. <3
Last edited by CupcakeDolly; 06-20-2011 at 03:56 AM.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 03:18 AM  
We're all mad here.
Default   #29  
I was just perusing your NPCs and creatures and it already looks very impressive. :). Not sure if I'll get around to making a character anytime soon but I think I'll following along with the RP anyway. Will you be taking late-comers? Not quite sure if I can commit yet, espeically with unexpected relatives arriving in a couple days, and the wedding in a week. I want to try and keep Tyger et al. moving before getting into too much else.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 06:24 AM  
Desolation Denizen
Rue looks perfect, Dolly. Cool picture, too. ;)

@Quiet, yeah, you can join up later if you find yourself with the time. I'll make an exception for you, even if we get filled up (which, unless four more people show up wanting to play, shouldn't happen anyway.)

As a general rule, though, we'll probably start with what we have once we're ready, as we have four characters (counting mine) now, which should be enough to get going with. Other people can still join after that, I'll just have work their characters into what's going on.

Edit: Oh, Dolly, just to point out in case you missed it, The Dragon is Satan, who is dead. The rest of Hell is still alive and kicking, obviously, represented directly on Earth by the False Prophet, and the Beast when it deigns to speak. Likely, there's another high-ranking demon or fallen angel holding things together in Perdition proper. If you need info about that for your RPing, let me know, and I'll come up with someone.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 10:16 AM  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #31  
My character feels so empty and unplanned looking at Cupcake's long profile ^^;

Regardless I'm looking forward to doing this, I really am :)

Serra's Art Gallery

Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 11:53 AM  
Desolation Denizen
Right, I still need to do my character. Getting on that, now.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 12:08 PM  
Closed Thread