Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Celestial Princess
Default   #65  
You're right. I'm just nervous about what's going to happen with the game...
I amGREED, Fall before me!
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 09:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
I can understand that, they're making a whole of changes. I hadn't play Morrowind at the time Oblivion came out, but I imagine there were similar feelings all around. Of course, a lot people thought Oblivion was disappointing, so maybe that isn't so reassuring...
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 09:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Celestial Princess
Default   #67  
Oblivion is actually really good, it just was a bit more complicated then Morrowind. But in Morrowwind I was commonly killed by MUDCRABS! I hate those little things.
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 10:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
No, Cliffracers. Damn the gods, Cliffracers!

The best improvement in Oblivion by far was the genocide of that species. :p
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 10:04 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #69  
I used cliff racers to feed my enchanting by stuffing them into soul crystals and selling them. Evil blighters! I used mudcrabs and scribs to improve my archery and sneak. I wonder if they will adjust the sneak skill to avoid lazy gamers like me, who park in a corner next to a scib or something non-lethal and weigh down the sneak key while I go do laundry. :D

I know from Daggerfall that there some mechanics of the game which were changed, mostly the hideously abusable things like breaking into the merchants shops while they were closed (conveniently with no one ever there) stealing all their inventory and selling it back to them. Common way to get rich.

I hope you can buy a house in Skyrim. That's another thing I missed in Morrowind (along with the horse) that was apparently brought back for Oblivion. My main character has a user-made mansion mod so she has no problem with housing but my thief is holed up in the room of a dead guy in Balmora. I like the idea too, rather than inhabiting some random hole somwhere, though there are some nice holes.

Not too sorry to see Mysticism go (though thinking about it it was probably my second most used school, probably for levitation if I recall correctly). The only reason I pumped up my other mage skills beyond alteration was improve my intelligence and willpower ranks for purposes of guild level and more magic. Simplifiying the process might actually be a good thing.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 05-18-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 10:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
They're confirmed that there will be quite a few houses up for purchase, hopefully even more than Oblivion (which had like... 7 I want to say.)
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 10:37 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #71  
Yay! My very own house! Do I get to put a horse in it? Is there a yard? That would be most cool! What about interior decorating? Might actually get some use out of all the blue glass and limeware that I keep finding.
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 10:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
They haven't confirmed if horses are in or not, yet. They want to improve them over the disaster they were in Oblivon and are apparently working on that.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 10:39 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #73  
Dare I ask what the disaster was? In Daggerfall they were just a buckskin head and mane in front of you, not matter what colour you actually bought, that made cloppy and neigh noises.
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 10:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Oh, they were... awful to control, all around. Even mounting and dismounting was an exercise in frustration, and with decent Athletics, you could run faster, anyway.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 10:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Celestial Princess
Default   #75  
I would master my... the one where you jump. And just leap over any obsticle, including water on my way to my objective.
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 10:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Acrobatics? :p

I loved glitching the Boots of Springheel Jack to stay in my inventory and getting that nice +50 acrobatics.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 10:59 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #77  
Acrobatics was a dandy thing. I used it pretty much take a straight line to everything. What`s this mountiain in the wayƉ (dammit. Fr. Canadian keyboard setting. Will try to fix it) *Spring!*

I can see how that would be annoying. The horse in Daggerfall was pretty basic. It lived in your back pocket. You went into your travel icon and clicked `ride horse.` Job done. It was pretty much like walking, but easier to make a quick getaway because the bad guys I guess were faster runners in the old game. My sister and I tried to become wanted in every single province once. You could go anywhere in that game. We would go to a country, walk into town, slash our way through a few peasants with a big axe (two-three dead to a stroke was the norm) and jumped on horsey and ran like heck to get out.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 05-19-2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: atrocious spelling
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 11:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
I think what they should do with horses is make them a lot faster than running, but make it almost impossible to maneuver them off of a road, so they can be used for quick treks between cities, while still leaving the more traditional foot-exploration in the more wild and overgrown areas.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:33 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #79  
I could see them going into reasonably open areas but in the tangled stuff, the horses could just simply refuse to go, or where there are many objects or people around. (Also to deal with people like me who would no doubt attempt to run pedestrians down to see if it was possible.)
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 08:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Also, horseback fighting would be awesome, maybe even as a skill.

Doubt that's happening, though. Won't be able to fulfill my dreams of reenacting Sandor Clegane riding down Micah, the poor butcher's boy. :p
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 08:51 PM Reply With Quote