Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Closed Thread

We're all mad here.
Default Cats in the Curiosity Shop sign up and OOC thread   #1  
**Closed. New thread up.**

Thread Open!

Cats in the Curiosity Shop

The doorknob was dusty. That was the first sign that no one had been for some time. Inside the store the odds and ends stacked on shelves had all stopped tinkering and ticking with the stopped clocks over the glass case that displayed the jewelry. The smell of the old man that everyone called “eccentric” took it's leave and left dust behind, laid in blankets over the glass counter tops until it stopped at the edge of a spread fan pattern, where a cat's long bushy tail swept back and forth like a metronome.

The busy tail swept back and forth. The cat itself was covered in nearly as much dust at the rest of the shop, the exception being its large, blue-grey eyes that watched out the windows for signs of people coming towards the door.

The big cat blinked, then stood and stretched, her mottled white underside brushing the glass counter. She turned and faced the insides of the store, moving her eyes around before sitting again, facing away from the window.

“He's not coming back,” she announced, as small tinks and clicks began to sound among the clutter and dust. “It's time to go.”

================

Okay, here's the deal. Anyone can join. The basis of this rp is cats. Everyone plays a cat, no people or anthro allowed!

Light fantasy and steampunk style, feel free to "trick" out your kitties with items and decorations and whatever you feel like. They have been living in an oddball antique store after all ;). Prosthetics, necklaces, eyepatches, glasses, it's all good. :). There will be time in the intro for the cats to go picking through the shop for anything they may want to dig up.

As I said, anyone can join. I'm looking for regulars to help keep the story moving (it's open ended plot for now) but later on people can hop in and out now and then for cameo appearances if they like or don't want to commit for the long haul.

Not taking any more shop cats at this point so new cats will be outsiders either from around the village or where ever you like. Introduction are up the the players, people can PM or post here if they aren't sure about a particular entrance or want to sort something out first. :)

Please fill out a simple sheet like this and post in the thread here:

Name
Breed
Colour
Features
Quirks
Attitude

Sample:

Mirri
Breed/Sex: Norwegian Forest Cat, female
Colour: tortoise shell with white underside. Blue-grey eyes.
Features: Tiny beads over the tufts on the tips of her ears.
Quirks: (still working on that)
Attitude: (still working on that too)

Ref (optional)

You don't need to worry about ironing out all the details right away, a lot of that can happen in the story. I'll keep checking in here and try to cover any questions that come up.

Cheers!
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 11-09-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old Posted 05-08-2011, 03:04 AM  
We're all mad here.
*Reserved for stuff*
Old Posted 05-08-2011, 03:07 AM  
Wanderer
Default   #3  
I'm hoping this is post-able now? XD

Ciaran an Sionnach (keer-an)
Breed: Abyssinian/male
Colour: Coat color is reddish-brown, eyes are gold.
Features: Has a hole and gold earring in one ear (there's some background story to this), and a thin leather collar with a feather. He also has a jagged scar on the right of his throat.
Quirks: Is strangely interested with feathers, as well as other things that drift around. Can be seen uncharacteristically chasing flower petals or downy feathers.
Attitude: Aggressive and sarcastic at times, but also has a softer side. Can seem rough and fights more than his share out in the alleys at night.

Ref:
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Last edited by Espy; 05-08-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old Posted 05-08-2011, 03:54 AM  
Wanderer
Also, you might want the app to include age, refs, and gender...
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-08-2011, 03:57 AM  
We're all mad here.
Default   #5  
Gender would help and I'll assume that refs are optional. I don't think age is all that important beyond basic things like "young, adult, old, etc. When the proper role play thread is put up I'll consolodate and re-post the apps so they are handy for reference in post one or two.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 05-08-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Old Posted 05-08-2011, 04:21 AM  
Bald and loving it!
Jinx
Breed: Ocelot
Colour: Albino
Features: Outside from being an Albino nothing much.
Quirks: They will develop with the story.
Attitude: Brash and curious he is a young kitten.

These two are for his size:
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...t_1250073i.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_x2Da-kCoBJ...k004Ocelot.jpg

This is for his color:
http://www.arkive.org/serval/leptail...ge-G36909.html
Old Posted 05-08-2011, 10:47 AM  
gnometastic
Default   #7  
Name: Sekhmet
Breed/Gender: Sphynx/female
Colour: 'blue'
Features: Being hairless Sekhmet often can be found sporting old fur pieces 'acquired' from ladies jackets or cuffs. She also has a pince-nez she will wear when reading or doing research.
Quirks: Sekhmet fancies herself a bit of a scholar...unfortunately all she knows she's read from the antique books the humans left lying about.
Attitude: Sekhmet can come across as a bit of a know-it-all. She's very quiet and will spend hours with her books so it's not unusual for her to have issues interacting with the more boisterous in the colony.

Ref:
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 05-08-2011, 11:14 AM  
We're all mad here.
Well this is a colourful collection of cats and personalities so far. :). Any thoughts on preferrd size for the group? I'm allowimg for people to move in and out of the game as they with so numbers will fluctuate from time to time but there needs to be a certain number of regulars.
Old Posted 05-08-2011, 07:34 PM  
Wanderer
Default   #9  
Well, I've only ever done a few RPs, and they were all groups. Not like, way too big...Seven sounds like a nice max for regulars to me, but it's really up to you. Why don't you maybe start up the RP and let people drift in?

(It's hard for me to keep track of names and such if I join halfway, but this time it's fine...)
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-08-2011, 07:41 PM  
We're all mad here.
I'll have everyones' basic info and player names up on the first or second post for easy reference, along with a list of cameo players. Is triple posting allowed for the sake of thread set-up in the RP forum? I'll start building the main thread and this one will stay open for OOC stuff and drop in players.
Old Posted 05-08-2011, 08:09 PM  
gnometastic
Default   #11  
You should be okay for setting up the thread, it's just later they'll get grumpy(insofar as I've seen). And i agree that letting people drift in and out should be okay, no idea on a good 'base' number.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

Old Posted 05-08-2011, 08:24 PM  
We're all mad here.
I'll worry about it if I needs worrying I figure. In the meantime, some things to think about for your cats is what they think about humans, and if there is any backstory that people want to bring in. For example, Mirris is an older cat, has had a couple dalliances and has children running around in the outside world somewhere. Not terribly relevant unless a she makes the acquaintance of an old flame or something later on. ;). Backstory not required of course, just details that anyone feels like adding, particularly if it's common knowledge. No need to share any secrets yet.
Old Posted 05-08-2011, 08:29 PM  
gnometastic
Default   #13  
LOL I was actually thinking about that today at work. I've a couple things that'll come up in the game as to Sekhmet's past and views on people.... Though, since it's hard to hide on a hairless...Sekhmet's spayed(why, since she was an expensive purebred, will pop up in the game).

Old Posted 05-08-2011, 08:53 PM  
Bald and loving it!
Lol well Jinx is a bit young, I figured abandoned someplace and adopted, so I apologize right off if my character gets obnoxious.
Old Posted 05-08-2011, 10:23 PM  
Wanderer
Default   #15  
XD Ciaran will probably just get annoyed and box his ears around for a bit.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-08-2011, 10:25 PM  
Bald and loving it!
Did you draw that second picture? I noticed that it wasn't up there before.
Also every time I think about this rp, Everybody wants to be a cat, gets stuck in my head.
Old Posted 05-08-2011, 10:30 PM  
Closed Thread