Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Thorns and Claws
Default   #81  
.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦. ·Âº○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.· º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.

~stabs the WoW trade~ O.O; i mean.. you saw nothing

and no worries i know i wasn't being ignored ^^ it's just nice to see someone will look into it.. i mean in the market i get a bit of chatting is needed to keep a thread bumped.. but some of them get way out of hand to the point the conversation needs to just be in a normal thread x.x seeing as most of the time they have nothing to do with the market place/trading/selling/prices of items

Old Posted 10-10-2010, 11:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Dark Elf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post

~stabs the WoW trade~ O.O; i mean.. you saw nothing

and no worries i know i wasn't being ignored ^^ it's just nice to see someone will look into it.. i mean in the market i get a bit of chatting is needed to keep a thread bumped.. but some of them get way out of hand to the point the conversation needs to just be in a normal thread x.x seeing as most of the time they have nothing to do with the market place/trading/selling/prices of items

.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦. ·Âº○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦ .· º○º·.♦.·º○º·.♦.·º○º·.

Yeah like one of the threads has like 1300 posts already? something like that... x.x

Old Posted 10-10-2010, 11:50 AM Reply With Quote  
-
Default   #83  
Wow, I did not know this site was for 15+.

That's so interesting....
.___.
Buying: NATM
Questing: Event Items 13/19
Miniature Fairy Wings, Immortal Worlds, Eye Sore Current Funds:0 Au.
Updated: 12/16/16 08:55 PM
Old Posted 10-10-2010, 11:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

in truth most avatar sites are for 15 plus ^^; gaia is even got it posted somewhere like 15 years of age or older.

Old Posted 10-10-2010, 11:53 AM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Default   #85  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulkth View Post
Wow, I did not know this site was for 15+.

That's so interesting....
I think we were originally aimed to 17+.

Mystic Menagerie (Temp Art) | The Alchemist's Den | The Alchemist's Desire | IRL Commissions

♔ Trisphee's one and only Vampire Prince ♔
Currently working on "Dream World Is Mine" art.
Let me catch you in my Dark Void...

Old Posted 10-10-2010, 12:15 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
The site is 17+ not 15+
If your under don't worry just understand this site is for more on the mature side. So saying something like "FUCKING FUCKATASH!" Is alright.

Old Posted 10-10-2010, 12:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #87  
... a little gratuitous, though.
Old Posted 10-10-2010, 12:28 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
... a little gratuitous, though.
xD It was wasn't it?

Old Posted 10-10-2010, 12:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #89  
I don't think it is very community-like to tell someone to leave if they don't embrace the community.

For some new users, like me, its hard to get into conversations because already it seems like there are little niches for people that where here during the beta testing. Granted, this is natural and I don't look down on it, but its hard to make conversations when it already feels like a club and you feel like an intruder.

And an avatar site is a game. I don't know about you guys, but if I wanted to talk to people I would go outside >.>;. A community site is fun because it is not the outside and it can be a replacement for me playing my DS.

The approach to reducing the Aurum in the game forum is understandable but shunning people for playing games is not. :/
Old Posted 10-10-2010, 12:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Dark Elf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argon View Post
I don't think it is very community-like to tell someone to leave if they don't embrace the community.

For some new users, like me, its hard to get into conversations because already it seems like there are little niches for people that where here during the beta testing. Granted, this is natural and I don't look down on it, but its hard to make conversations when it already feels like a club and you feel like an intruder.

And an avatar site is a game. I don't know about you guys, but if I wanted to talk to people I would go outside >.>;. A community site is fun because it is not the outside and it can be a replacement for me playing my DS.

The approach to reducing the Aurum in the game forum is understandable but shunning people for playing games is not. :/

That was actually very well said <3

Old Posted 10-10-2010, 12:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #91  
Who said anything about shunning them? We want to keep the forum around BECAUSE you guys want to play them. We just want you to play them because you want to play them, not because it's making you aurum, and we want the games to be actual games, not just spamfests.
Old Posted 10-10-2010, 01:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Dark Elf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Who said anything about shunning them? We want to keep the forum around BECAUSE you guys want to play them. We just want you to play them because you want to play them, not because it's making you aurum, and we want the games to be actual games, not just spamfests.

I think he was talking about a few people that sound like they are harping on the game players... at least that is what i got out of it ^^;

Old Posted 10-10-2010, 01:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #93  
Ah, yeah, I see. It's not the position of the staff, though, so don't let the haters get you down.
Old Posted 10-10-2010, 01:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Yes, I was referring to what Kanobei said.
Old Posted 10-10-2010, 01:10 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Default   #95  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
The site is 17+ not 15+
If your under don't worry just understand this site is for more on the mature side. So saying something like "FUCKING FUCKATASH!" Is alright.
I still would advise against posts like that. xD
I mean, sure swearing is allowed, but there's no reason to fill a post with it. Just saying.

Mystic Menagerie (Temp Art) | The Alchemist's Den | The Alchemist's Desire | IRL Commissions

♔ Trisphee's one and only Vampire Prince ♔
Currently working on "Dream World Is Mine" art.
Let me catch you in my Dark Void...

Old Posted 10-10-2010, 01:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Super Artist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argon View Post

Many people are in the Gaming Section because of the high and easy Aurum reward. If they really enjoy gaming, then they'll keep going no matter what the reward will be.
We only want to stimulate them more to get into the community and have discussions and conversations with other people. That's what the forum is about after all =)
And if those people that are mostly in the Gaming section now post in other topics, it'll be more welcoming for other people like you, since you can meet other people that are also new like yourself. That's currently missing, since they usually go straight to the Gaming forum for Aurum to get items.
I don't think we ever shunned them? o_o After all, they still get rewards! I think taking away the whole reward would have been wrong but I admit it has been going through my mind.

Old Posted 10-10-2010, 02:00 PM Reply With Quote