Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default Google+   #1  
So the Google+ Project made its debut last night. Even though it's in very limited trial right now, it looks interesting and by the previews, its features seem to be what social networking should have been years ago. Facebook seems terribly clumsy compared to what Google+ says it will be.

Facebook has, statistically, reached its peak in the states. Users are quitting by the bucketfuls looking for the next exciting thing. Facebook still sees HUGE usage, but it's lost its magic to many.

So, my dear internet-addicted friends, what do you think about Google+? Does it have the potential to become the new Facebook? Or does Facebook still have too large a hold on the social networking market to die? Will they instead live side-by-side in harmony? Most importantly, will YOU use it?

You can sign up to receive an invite and learn more about Google+'s new features at plus.google.com.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 06-29-2011, 05:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
-raises an eyebrow- I only just heard of this maybe half an hour ago, this whole project....from an xkcd comic. Posted on Facebook >.> I'll have to go check it out later.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-29-2011, 05:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #3  
I got my invitation and signed up today! C: It's really pretty neat. But I only have one friend on it so far. I need more friends so I can play with it!

Old Posted 06-30-2011, 06:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
I think old school facebookers are getting fed up with all of the changes and updates and such. (I know I am). Personally, I'd like to see a social networking site that focuses on actual social networking and not essentially the world's biggest "camwhore" and "look what I did" contest. I've noticed more and more recently that most of my so-called friends don't give a shit what I do on Facebook unless it has something to do with them. xD;

So yes, I'm sure that a new, shiny social networking site is in demand now, and Google certainly has the resources to make a good one. I might take a look at it later.

Edit: Thinking about it, though, unless Google creates their own Farmville or something similar, there will probably always be loyal Facebook addicts.
Old Posted 06-30-2011, 07:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #5  
I only joined Facebook in the first place because I wanted to have a spot where everyone could read anything pertinent that happened in my life. Then I got addicted to Café World too >> Yes, it does seem like Facebook is becoming more of a group gaming session, than an actual social network.

I had not heard about Google+ until this post though, Lucid...

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-30-2011, 10:54 PM Reply With Quote  
light always wins
I'll probably use Google+ someday. I'm getting a bit fed up with fb and all the ads and everything and some of the spam aps.
Old Posted 07-01-2011, 08:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #7  
If anyone wants an invite, shoot me a PM. I'm pretty sure I have more invites than I have email contacts. XD

Old Posted 07-01-2011, 11:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
It seems interesting, but I am a little hesitant, given the initial bugs found in Chrome.
2170/~11K Inventor's Dream

Old Posted 07-02-2011, 12:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Capitan Marvelous~!
Default   #9  
Okay one thing. . . . . .WTF IS GOOGLE+.

Nikko's Cosplay's,Nikko's Cosplay Cafe, Dapper Dreams Joint Venture
Cosplaying: N/A
Reyo is my Tropical Mistress ~ <3, Lucid is DELISH and the best nana ever!
Is known as Black Japan - Hetalia

Nikko is a beautiful prince.
Old Posted 07-02-2011, 01:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Perhaps check the link in the first post?

Old Posted 07-02-2011, 01:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Capitan Marvelous~!
Default   #11  
I did and it looks funny to me~! TAT

Nikko's Cosplay's,Nikko's Cosplay Cafe, Dapper Dreams Joint Venture
Cosplaying: N/A
Reyo is my Tropical Mistress ~ <3, Lucid is DELISH and the best nana ever!
Is known as Black Japan - Hetalia

Nikko is a beautiful prince.
Old Posted 07-02-2011, 01:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
It does look a little weird, I will admit.

Old Posted 07-02-2011, 01:30 AM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Default   #13  
This is my frst time hearing about it. Google+ looks amazing. It fixes some of the problems with Facebook, like showing everything to everybody. Google+ might replace Facebook, but I don't think it will in the near future, mainly because Google+ is still in its testing stages.
Known as Kajiko almost everywhere else.
Old Posted 07-04-2011, 04:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Flawless Victory
I desperately want to try it.
Old Posted 07-08-2011, 06:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #15  
Now that I have a few friends on Google+ to start trying things out, I'll offer up my opinions so far:

Circles is amazing. There's not quite enough people on yet, but I see so many possibilities for circles. One person can be in as many circles as you want, so you can have circles for friends you meet in class, at work, in your neighborhood, whatever. A circle for your girl friends, to share all the things boys don't want to hear about. A circle for people who like Dr. Who, a circle for people who like music, a circle for ANYTHING. Circles are like privacy settings, but better and completely personalized.

Hangouts are super sweet. I haven't tried it with multiple people yet, but I did one with my roommate and it was clean and didn't slow other stuff on my computer down. When I use skype, my "alien cows" moo at everyone. My computer does weird things and makes strange noises on the other end. It didn't do that in Hangouts.

Since I've got a droid, I downloaded the phone app. The photo uploader is really awesome. I take all my pictures with my phone, because my phone's camera is better than my actual camera. Uploading pictures to facebook from my phone is tedious, but it's pretty easy and quick in Google+.
I haven't had a chance to try out Huddle yet, but the idea of group texting is fantastic and I'm way excited for it.

I also love Sparks. I've mostly just used it to find stuff for my own personal enjoyment so far, but once I get more people on that will appreciate me geeking out to silly things, it'll be fun to share interesting articles. This also ties back to circles, where I can share certain things with certain people and not bother everybody else about it.

Old Posted 07-09-2011, 10:01 PM Reply With Quote  
I use Facebook, but I'm not a huge fan of it.

I'm going to try out Google+ and see how it goes...
Old Posted 07-09-2011, 11:30 PM Reply With Quote