Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default   #33  
Order of Ecclesia is one of the DS ones, the one with the more standard Castlevania artwork on the front. Dawn of Sorrows looks more cartoony. I'm stuck on the first boss that appears in this tower, gradually crawls his way up and shoots bubbles at you. He sucks!

No PS3. I'm cheap and very new-tech resistant. The last system I bought was my DS a few years ago, the PS2 before that when it wa slim, ane the wii was a birthday gift. I don't have plans to buy anymore consoles for a while unless there's a game I have to have. DMC was the reason I bought the PS2.
Old Posted 06-18-2011, 11:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
If anything, I'd highly recommend the PSP. It's portable, has better graphics than the DS, and there are some fantastic RPGs on it you're missing out on. It's probably my favorite, system, actually.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 06-18-2011, 11:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Default   #35  
Yeah I regret getting a DS instead of a psp -.-;; I got it for pokemon black&White but once I learned that they took out my favorite part of it I didn't even bother getting the game.

@.hack: GU fixed that a bit. The dungeons aren't as long and the boss fights are rather easy in my mind. They don't nearly take as long to fight bosses but you aren't...you? Your like a summon or something xD

@FF: Yeah after about FF12 I stopped caring. 13 looks stupid...and from what I heard not something I would enjoy. 14 I want cause I want to see what they did with the classes. And I love mmos xD [White mage ftw! >o<]

I do wish they would make another tactics like the ps1 one. The GBA/DS one is alright. I enjoyed it but that was only cause I didn't play the first tactics until after xD

"I wanna break your heart too
Lead you on and up to drop you.
I guess it hurts a bit but I’m over it now.
"
Old Posted 06-18-2011, 11:52 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I'm tossing FFXII. I'll see if I can dig up anything mentioned here for a trade in. Not sure if I'll be hanging onto Demonstone either. I know the setting it comes from but the realistic sort of game play annoyed me. Same reason as with LOTR: Two Towers that I've hardly played. Might give it another shot.
Old Posted 06-18-2011, 11:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #37  
Demonstone was an embarrassment to Drizzt. He's actually the worst of the four playable characters in the game. Not a very good game, overall, in my opinion, either.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-18-2011, 11:58 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Didn't know he was playable. There are three characters to begin with already. Is he a secret guy or something? Someone you get for finishing the game? (And given his realms fancyness he should be.)
Old Posted 06-19-2011, 12:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #39  
Nope. You have to defend Mithral Hall halfway through the game and it makes you play as him. It's really a shame, since I bought the game just for that opportunity. :p
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-19-2011, 12:12 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Ah. I was just curious. I thought he was a cameo.

Dont want to get a PSP. Costs more money! Well, maybe not with the new handheld thing comeing out. I'll harass my brother, try his first. ;)
Old Posted 06-19-2011, 12:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #41  
PSPs are cheap now, aren't they? The older ones should be, at least.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-19-2011, 09:35 PM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
You know oddly enough despite all the awesomeness of the FF franchise and other good RPG games (which I can't think of titlewise but yeah you know what I mean) one of my absolute favorite RPGs I've played was a little-known game called Shadow Hearts. XD
I loooved the gameplay, I love the timed thing for shots (hard to describe but you had this wheel thing that you could hit in certain spots for strong attacks or defense or effects) there was a sanity meter for your character and he would lose sanity ... I loved the monster and character design and there were a lot of little things in the game that were really cool and immersed me a whole lot in this world - every single item (I mean EVERY single item) had a description and picture you could pull up (I mean a nice painted picture), every monster could be accessed in this monster gallery so you could just go through and look at these things and read about them, and there were little easter eggs and such throughout the game...and it was actually pretty creepy! One level was in a mental hospital and there were these really ....creepy monster women that split up the middle to make giant mouths and.. xD

Sadly, it lost mega points in something i absolutely must have, and that was story...and I think I can firmly blame that (I -think-) on the translation. Oh my god, I don't know if it was the same in the Japanese version but the dialogue freaking SUCKED OMG So lame, corny, stilted and ughhhh
And the story was kind of interesting! I mean it looked like it was pretty interesting, the dialogue and story translation though really made it blow :(

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 06-19-2011, 10:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #43  
Haha, Shadow Hearts...you just can't take the story seriously with dialogue so corny. And some of the character classes... XD Actually it was because of the humor that I liked that game quite a lot. The Judgment ring is nice too unless you have poor reflexes.

Also I agree with Suzerain, the PSP has a lot more quality RPG choices than the DS. The DS does have Dragon Quest which I really adore...but that's just one set of games. There's a lot more choices on the PSP.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-19-2011, 10:40 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Cheap is relative. Unless PSP's are currently under $100 and the games under $20, it's money I don't have the luxury of spending at the moment.

Would Shadow Hearts be one of those Idea Factory games you guys were talking about?
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 12:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #45  
I don't think Shadow Hearts is IF. Can't remember who makes it. It's more similar to the newer Final Fantasies than any of IF's games.

And, too bad we live so far apart, I'd let you borrow my PSP. :p
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 12:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Shadow Hearts was made by Aruze corp. I can't pick off anything else they have made off the top of my head though. Oddly the first two games were published in America by MIDWAY of all companies. The third was by XSeed which is probably why the story was a bit better done. If you're a fan of not so serious stories I thought it was pretty good. The judgment ring can be tricky but I liked it a lot because I'm good with timing :p

Serra's Art Gallery

Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 12:55 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #47  
Heh. I appreaciate it anyway, Sheol. :)

I'm feeble with game makers, I know that there are companies that make stuff, like Capcom, Square Enix, EA, Blizzard, Bethesda, etc., but I'm not always good at knowing who made what game. I'm *almost* more familiar with boardgame makers.

I know Capcom makes Devil May Cry, becasue I have it, and Lucas Arts makes Rogue Squadron and possible Zelda, because I have them, and that's about as far as I get. Square Enix apparently makes the FF games because I hear people say that a lot, and I don't know who makes Castlevania. Oh, and Game Freak does Pokemon. Oh, and then there's these guys called Ubisoft that make little oddball DS games and the odd thing of facebook. Yeah, I'm stretching myself here.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 01:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Haha Quiet, I only know the Shadow Hearts games because I went to go look at the boxes :P I usually have to just because my memory is very..flaky >> Of course I'll feel bad if I correct you on your publishers there, but you're right on all of them except Zelda.

Going by companies can usually net you a good game if you like others by the company, it doesn't always work but it's not bad for smaller companies.

It's probably silly to say now but Grandia, which I mentioned a while back, was made my Game Arts XP

Serra's Art Gallery

Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 01:32 AM Reply With Quote