Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra Britt View Post
Suzerain, maybe I shouldn't mention where my mind went with that last comment ^^;
THANK YOU, now I don't have to feel like the only perv around here. xD

I'm downloading the BGM now, and it won't let me download multiple files, so I've gotta wait 43 more minutes to start the game file. Hopefully my internet doesn't crap out in the meantime. *taps foot impatiently*
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 02:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Why does the site hate me D: Everyone else got such a short wait >>

And Cupcake, I have a very pervy mind xD

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 02:25 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #19  
I tried to see if clearning the browser cache made a differnce but not much. It still wants me to wait 700 seconds between downloads, although it's down from the 800 it asked me before.
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 02:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Aaaand, my internet crapped out on me. =P

After two hours with tech support, going for round two on the downloads.
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 04:41 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #21  
Yick. Snag for me too, my screen saver turned on and conked my download. Finishing it tomorrow. Not more stuff tonight.
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 04:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Wow, I didn't realize downloading would be that big of a problem. I'm sorry, everyone. Honestly, I was given misinformation, as I looked up what people use to upload these games and someone recommended FileFactory because it had no wait times. Um....

@Quiet, I think there is a way to reset it's knowledge of when you last downloaded, but it involves changing your IP address or using a proxy server, from what I remember, and honestly, by the time you go through all that, you'd be better off waiting.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 09:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #23  
You could use a VPN also, and considering the fairly slow download times that wouldn't impact this site that much. I think MegaUpload doesn't have wait times but I can't be quite sure on that since I do have a free account there.

Serra's Art Gallery

Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 11:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
What's a VPN?

And I'm pretty sure Megaupload has the wait for unregistered users.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 11:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #25  
Oh, Virtual Private Network, it changes your IP because basically you're connected to someone else's network. And when I had to download a bunch of stuff from MegaUpload, that's probably why I signed up for the free account.

Anyways, on to my initial reactions to the game. There are a few formatting issues with the text, or rather, a few spots where punctuation or extra spaces were present, though I'm sure those will be taken care of in time. I think I noticed one spelling error too right before the first boss fight.
Second, that first town? It's TOO BIG. I personally think it should be scaled down slightly, if only for gameplay purposes, I couldn't initially find where I needed to go only because I kept missing it by being too far away.
Third, balance...I know you talked about this, that stuff would be hard but there's a few things. In the first battle Orec died in two hits (no criticals) while the other guy...uhh.. can't remember his name for whatever reason, lasted against 4 hits without dying. And then the Fiends in the next scene, while it seems they do not use it often, their drain ability is quite powerful and if they continually use it, the battle takes too long for the resources spent. I'd recommend either lowering it's power or limiting the enemy's SP to only be used once. And as for the boss...I also remember you talking about specific strategies and the like but apparently he got a free turn that paralyzed all but my slowest member, and it also did a critical that downed a character from full HP. And yes I had killed all the fiends in town that I could find (another problem with the big town I might add). You may want to either tone them down slightly or at least have a method of finding out what works best against them. Or having saves right before the bosses so you can use the knowledge gained from the first fight to beat them the second. This being the first boss I would suggest going a bit easier on the player, especially since I could not find a spot to save after killing the fiends.

Aside from these though I am enjoying it. It's a standard battle style with some nice touches added by you. I'll play more later and get some revenge on that boss...

Serra's Art Gallery

Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 01:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Oh, you got it working? Awesome!

Yeah, I catch more text errors every time I play through. It's tough to get them in the editor since it lacks spellcheck and the font is pretty small. Another thing is that the text in the editor is a different size from the text I use in the game (the game text is smaller) meaning that it's hard to judge where it hits the end of the text-box. I know there are probably a few hanging letters that I missed, since for some reason when I go to shift words a line down, it likes to set the cursor after the first letter of a word. I caught a lot of mistakes like that, but there are bound to be more.

And yes, I totally agree on the town. That was actually the first map I made for the game and I had no idea what I was doing. Scaling down is exactly what it needs.

On the point about the fiends, yeah, they are kind of tough from what I remember. (I've never actually fought all of them, kind of shocked you did. :p) I remember the drain attack being an issue I meant to fix. I must have forgotten about it.

The boss, Liukaeryos, can be tough because he's a bit erratic. If you get lucky, he won't use his worst attacks and he's a bit of a pushover; if not, he can wreck you, especially the paralysis spell he has.

The thing about adding saves before boss fights is that, for whatever reason, it screws up the event after you load it back up... like, any events that have moved reset back to where they were. I could probably put one right at the start of his event, and his is pretty short. Later bosses have big scenes before the battle ensures, which might not help that much, then.

Out of curiosity... did you die against his first form, or his second? :p

Oh, and I'm not sure what the trouble was with the trial fight against Elder Horyuu. I just tested it, he did ~190ish to both of them, and Orec has nearly 200 hp more than Tristan. Maybe he used Thunder Slash twice in a row? That hits a fair bit harder than his normal attack. You don't actually have to win that fight, though, the story continues either way.

I really appreciate you playing, by the way. :)

Oh, and if you let me know which form of Liukaeryos is giving you trouble, I can give you some tips, lay out his pattern if I have to. The tough thing about him is that you have no options at this point for equipment and he's strong vs. slashing weapons. He's weak to fire, if you get Tristan high enough to use his fire spell, though... without a magic-boosting weapon, Wildfire isn't that spectacular either. Amilia joins for the second fight, which at least gives you a dedicated healer. You might be better off in the first one having Tristan just heal every turn with Hearten and let Orec and Horyuu whittle away at his health. Good luck, though.

Edit: Okay... just tried fighting him myself. That's uh... a problem. I can't beat him. I think what happened was that I added the Freeze quality to his ice breath after fighting him in my last playtest, and that just destroys any attempt to survive his attacks. Would you happen to know what level your characters were after fighting all the fiends? I tested him with the party at level 6, but if there's enough XP to be had to get to level 7 it might make it a bit easier. I'm not sure there is though.

I kind of feel like a moron, now.

Edit 2: Well, I managed to just barely scrape out a victory at level 7, but he only used his freezing breath once. This is really bad. I'm going to have to fix this and upload the game again. *punches self in the face*
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 01:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #27  
Okay, I fixed the problems and re-uploaded to Megaupload (I'll edit this into the first post).

You'll have to do the same thing with the BGM, and just move the save file from the old folder to this one, and delete the old folder when you're done.

I'm really sorry about this. It... shouldn't become a problem. The other bosses you can grind to get past, if you absolutely have to.

Here's the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RMWN0Y36

It only took me a couple minutes to download it, so at least it's faster.

Truly sorry, everyone.

Edit: oh, and if it says that file is unavailable, wait a few minutes and try again. It seems to be a problem with their servers.

Edit 2: Oh, I should probably mention what I did.

between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 02:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Okies, I'm going to go ahead and download the fixed file, since you've already got a report on some of the problems with the old one. =3

Edit: this download looks good, it's only gonna take a couple minutes to get it.
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 05:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #29  
Yeah, I'm wondering if I should put the BGM file up on Megaupload as well, seeing as it seems so much quicker. Then you'd run into the wait time between downloads again, though.

And hopefully I didn't make the boss too easy with those changes. Oh, well, if so, better than too hard, that early on in the game.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 06:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
I seem to recall that megaupload has a HUGE wait time between downloads, or it doesn't let you download two files in the same day, or something like that. How difficult would it be to package the two together?
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 06:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #31  
Oh, I didn't even think of that. I don't know, I'll give it a try and see if I can do it. That would be really good.

Edit: And, I do believe it worked. Dolly, that was brilliant. Thank you. I'll leave the other links up as alternatives, but I'll make this the main one.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 07:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Alright I'm downloading again and going to try it again. As for the first battle maybe he did use thunder slash and I didn't notice, Oric was taking 500+ damage after all. The extra 200 exp for winning is nice though.

I'll give it a try again later tonight with the new modifications.

Serra's Art Gallery

Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 08:56 PM Reply With Quote