Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

CHEEZBURGER?!
Default   #1985  
Today I learned how to crochet. It's been on my mind for a while but today I finally decided to do it after finally getting a crochet needle a couple of days ago. It was easier than I though it would be to get started, which was nice. It was fun.

I also finished making another lamp shade.

I feel more productive than I've felt in weeks, It's really nice. ^^
Old Posted 06-19-2023, 01:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
Today I learned how to crochet. It's been on my mind for a while but today I finally decided to do it after finally getting a crochet needle a couple of days ago. It was easier than I though it would be to get started, which was nice. It was fun.
yaay! I've been crocheting for a while now (over 10 years, eep!) and it's still fun :D

currently reading: Wind by Erin Hunter (#23) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 06-19-2023, 04:12 PM Reply With Quote  
CHEEZBURGER?!
Default   #1987  
Quote:
Originally Posted by trystan830 View Post
yaay! I've been crocheting for a while now (over 10 years, eep!) and it's still fun :D
Oh nice! I can definitely imagine myself still enjoying it in 10 years time as well. You must be very good at it then.:D
Oh! Do you make stuff like those cute little crocheted creatures I come across every now and then? They're frickin' adorable!

I also exist on: Dappervolk, Faenaria, Windlyn and Lasria.

Wanna join a Discord gaming server for "grown-ups"? Join Novaturient!
We're a friendly, 18+ server that play a variety of games and just have fun.
Interested or curious? Send me a message! ^^
Old Posted 07-05-2023, 02:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I finally got irritated enough with GNOME 3 that I brushed off the Linux desktop environment that I had started building from scratch. I have put a TON of work into it over the last few days, and it's good enough now that I can actually use it on a day-to-day basis without major annoyances.

Well... There's one major annoyance at the moment, but I'm not sure that's the fault of my own code? Some keyboard shortcuts stopped working and I haven't wanted to log out and back in to force them to be fixed. But Openbox's keyboard shortcuts broke too, so... I'm not sure what's up with that.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-05-2023, 05:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #1989  
Coda - for a while i used a Ubuntu desktop computer. it was a fun operating system, but then i got my Chromebook laptop. still have it. :thumbs-up:

Jaybird - i think I'm pretty good at it :) and yep, I've made lots of creatures/stuffies/amigurumi - you can see all my stuff on my ravelry page (https://www.ravelry.com/projects/trystan830). you can also join us over at the Horrible Hobby Hangout (https://www.trisphee.com/forums/show....php?p=1740847) if you'd like XD

currently reading: Wind by Erin Hunter (#23) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 07-05-2023, 06:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
FINALLY (hopefully) getting my shit together and mucking out my kitchen and getting it back in good condition. And also slowly chiseling away at laundry mountain.
(aka: not letting my depression control me and finally fighting back to take control of my life)
Old Posted 07-05-2023, 07:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1991  
A project I've been working on has finally gotten to the point where I can use it as intended, and it's awesome.

Imagine, if you would, taking a GBA or DS ROM and throwing it into your audio workstation of choice, and suddenly you can use the instruments from the game music.

I got that working for a small number of DS games over the weekend. It only works on Linux right now -- I tried building it for Windows and it crashes. And it only works in Reaper so far -- Qtractor KINDA works but Qtractor itself is buggy, and I still need to put together some adapters for other plugin formats (mostly VST3; I'd love to have it work as AU but I don't have a way to do that right now).

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-24-2023, 11:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
AYY! NICE!

i found some good jam music so i'm gonna put it in my playlist and vibe the fuck out to it.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 08-01-2023, 09:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1993  
Ahhhh, my (slightly) customized art doll arrived and it's so cute!!!
Now I just need like $500 more and I'll be ready for Halloween.
Old Posted 08-03-2023, 03:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
I finally got irritated enough with GNOME 3 that I brushed off the Linux desktop environment that I had started building from scratch. I have put a TON of work into it over the last few days, and it's good enough now that I can actually use it on a day-to-day basis without major annoyances.

Well... There's one major annoyance at the moment, but I'm not sure that's the fault of my own code? Some keyboard shortcuts stopped working and I haven't wanted to log out and back in to force them to be fixed. But Openbox's keyboard shortcuts broke too, so... I'm not sure what's up with that.
It's been a month since I switched to my bespoke system, and... I'll be honest, it's really nice that I can just FIX anything that annoys me.

It makes me really happy that this is working so well.

Aside from a bug in the screenshot tool that I fixed a couple days ago, I haven't had any annoyances in over a week. It's so refreshing.

Old Posted 08-03-2023, 11:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1995  
whiskey decided to come on my lap yesterday. i love him so fucking much AUUUUUUUUUU

Old Posted 08-04-2023, 02:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
i got into the palia beta. let's fucking GOOOOOOOO

Old Posted 08-04-2023, 10:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1997  
New dragon pendant arrived and the artist included a bonus tiny dragon! <3
Old Posted 08-08-2023, 11:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
whiskey seems to like my lap nowadays.

i remember that semi used to lick my fingers. i wonder if he'll start doing the same, haah.

anyways, he was on my lap for a good thirty minutes or so. i had to wake him up to get him to move because he was slipping through my legs, but he looked very comfortable.

Old Posted 08-26-2023, 06:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1999  
Feels good to have a Ludum Dare work out! It's been a year since I've been able to really do it properly, and my wife did the artwork for this one so I think it came out really good.

Link in my sig!

Old Posted 10-02-2023, 07:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
It's kinda weird to think about, but I actually have multiple irl friends now...who not only tolerate my little "odd" hobbies (stuff like my nail painting/art and plushie making mainly), but actively encourage and support me in them...
Old Posted 10-07-2023, 05:25 PM Reply With Quote