Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It Won't Stop
Default   #177  
I'll be honest, I've seen more balls than this.

Old Posted 05-13-2012, 12:26 AM  
Art Meiser
breaktime
The Almighty Fen-God
[8:25:15 PM] Galla: o3o ty for amusing my peen obsession
Married to: Galla, Aurelia, Sei, Demonskid, Arrikanez and Ashy.
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.
Belial is my Cookie Monster!

Mon-Mon is my rainbow popsicle!
Chi is my Famiry!

Old Posted 05-13-2012, 12:28 AM  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #179  
xD; Love the side notes, Galla. <3
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 05-13-2012, 01:24 AM  
isn't that funny
none of the added stuff has anything to do with any version of tarot i have ever seen v.v
Old Posted 05-13-2012, 03:04 AM  
The Illusionist
Default   #181  
Quote:
Originally Posted by littl3chocobo View Post
none of the added stuff has anything to do with any version of tarot i have ever seen v.v
Shhhh. You will make Fen explode! D=
But hey the staff really limited their choices in items when they decided to base the yearlies off of Tarot Cards. You try thinking of Tarot-estique items

Last edited by Illusion; 05-13-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old Posted 05-13-2012, 03:06 AM  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Uh..

Wow. Alright then. I guess both me and Fen being Pagan, regularly reading spreads, and collecting decks means neither of us knew what we were doing? Not to mention, isn't this supposed to be our own rendition, anyway?
Last edited by Batty; 05-13-2012 at 04:06 AM.
Old Posted 05-13-2012, 03:35 AM  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #183  
Quote:
Originally Posted by littl3chocobo View Post
Okay. So where are you getting your information from? Tarot - especially the ORIGINAL Tarot decks, were made of whatever cards the practitioner happened to have around - most were hand-drawn, and most had specific meaning to the practitioner. It was not until MUCH later that the 'standardized' Tarot decks came into vogue as an elaborate game / money trap for the masses. Most practitioners that believe in the cards that strongly DO still use hand-drawn cards, OR they pick and choose cards from various decks that mean something to them.

As a matter of fact, saying such things only shows that you know only the 'common' face of Tarot - where there are many more. The Woodland decks, while standardized, use more of a nature-esque theme. Also, the entire point of Tarot Reading is to use cards that you feel represent something to YOU. Otherwise the reading is not considered accurate. True practitioners even consider using a deck that feels uncomfortable to you the highest form of mockery that Tarot Reading has. Not to mention the decks, as I said before, are often hodgepodges of other decks.

So think about it this way - if Trisphee's Tarot happens to have items not found in other decks, isn't that, by the same token I just mentioned, the highest form of Tarot there is? Using something that you feel means something to you, the practitioner, versus using a 'common' deck of something you don't believe in?
Old Posted 05-13-2012, 03:36 AM  
Art Meiser
I find that...a little offensive, considering ive been looking up references the whole time. The only thing I am doing that makes it different is I am forming them into something else. Such as the laurels and what not on 'the world' is a reference to the wreaths on the tarot. The crystal balls were not just a reference to the planets in shape but also that its believed that some can see the worlds future through a crystal ball.I can keep going. But again, when I started this project I said that I wanted this to be 'Trisphee's' Tarot, therefore we are going to have things not seen, and I personally think that's a good thing. I respect your opinion, but I am not the type of person who follows. I like to make things original, and if that means going away from what most people see as 'normal', I am still all for it.
The Almighty Fen-God
[8:25:15 PM] Galla: o3o ty for amusing my peen obsession
Married to: Galla, Aurelia, Sei, Demonskid, Arrikanez and Ashy.
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.
Belial is my Cookie Monster!

Mon-Mon is my rainbow popsicle!
Chi is my Famiry!

Old Posted 05-13-2012, 04:03 AM  
It Won't Stop
Default   #185  
How cliche can we get this time. Let's give it a shot.

I'm seeing stars!
Gah! The sun's in my eyes!
Don't moon me!
You look absolutely raydient this evening~

Old Posted 05-13-2012, 05:00 AM  
~!Halloween Queen!~
AND WE ARE FINI!
Old Posted 05-13-2012, 05:00 AM  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #187  
I am excited that I have an Axiom absolute. It is my favorite one. Well next to the spirit of treachery.

@Batty and Ark:

So you guys I don't think it is a matter of research really. I think its more of an expectation issue no offense. You guys were artist later but Cho was the designer for some of the yearlies. I saw a few of the original designs when I was first brought on board. If I know cho there was extensive research behind the designs. I understand the extensive research a lot of Artist go through to make things and I am doubly sure that Cho understands making it into your own thing (Hell I have been preached at cho by it enough to know) Half of the time we are given a theme and we do our damnest to meet expectations, in the end the users are paying for it. When this set first came out I don't remember it being called an exclusive trisphee tarot deck. I remember there being talks about the three planets showing up in one of the items. I am personally not going to sit here and claim to know much about the Tarot but I am also not going to sit here and watch you guys get defensive over comments. Especially when the site opened the flood gates for public opinion. It might just be me, and my masochist artist senses that crave critique and improvement, but I don't see how that comment was offensive. And I have certainly read more brutally honest things said about the items when the monthly that have made me cringe.
Old Posted 05-13-2012, 07:55 AM  
Desolation Denizen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda, 12-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Keep in mind that this is the Trisphee tarot, not the Earth one; there's parallels in symbology and meaning but reimagining things with a Trisphee spin on it is the ultimate goal.
>_>

And I'm sure you could find numerous other such quotes in the staff forums, since this was discussed multiple times.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 05-13-2012, 11:01 AM  
Developer
Default   #189  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obbiesan View Post
Well i can see it Coda so maybe it depends on the computer or Browser
I know it does. Just saying -- whatever that is, you can't say "Trisphee" supports it because it's not the site that's responsible for making it work.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-13-2012, 11:24 AM  
Lynx Rufus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Staff I want to see dressed up sexy like.

-Batty
-Fenris
-Lucid
-Coda
-Alpha
Illu..... Alpha isn't staff...
Old Posted 05-13-2012, 11:31 AM  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #191  
Poggy;;

As a person who practices the art of Tarot, being told that not one single pose, on any of the new additions, is probably the highest insult someone could give a reader. When you've worked with the cards as long as I have, I think I'd know what would represent them. I also wasn't the only one handing out suggestions.

I didn't take it TOO offensively-- as yes, its a users opinion, if it stung that badly, I wouldn't have been calm about it at all. That post up there? -points- That wasn't me being defensive in the least.

Quote:
I am personally not going to sit here and claim to know much about the Tarot but I am also not going to sit here and watch you guys get defensive over comments.
Well, then I apologize for having an opinion of my own, and expressing it.

And while yes, this was a gate for user opinions, I see how much thought and work goes in to these things. I won't repeat myself though. In lieu of the fact I hate debating, I won't make any further comments.
Old Posted 05-13-2012, 12:57 PM  
Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiva View Post
Illu..... Alpha isn't staff...
Being amused by that XD
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-13-2012, 01:45 PM