Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Hakuna matata
Default Problem With Desktop   #1  
I have this popping up on my computer fell asleep last night and woke this morning with this message and even after I have rebooted the computer it only came on properly once now after I had to reset it, I got the message again and I'm stuck...

Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

rebooted this again after typing this, and seems to be working however I'm wondering what is causing this problem or an easy fix to this
so I won't keep having the issue has had it a few times today

when I rebooted earlier reason I restarted it the last time, was the computer froze, and it shouldn't be freezing considering I don't use it often and it's a lot better and newer than my laptop...
running scans on it currently
Old Posted 05-29-2012, 05:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Dashing Knight
Link below seems to have the same problem as yourself. Seems a bit complicated, but seems to have helped the person asking for help.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...e-problem.html
Old Posted 05-29-2012, 07:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #3  
Thank you very much I'll look into that

*clicks*

looks like they may have solved the problem, will check to see if that would fix it when I get home
Old Posted 05-29-2012, 10:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
didn't work... though my bf is guessing the computer might be over heating with this heat and all... may need to get some fans to blow on it while I'm using it, since well the AC in the house doesn't really reach my room well

so will have to try that out soon... sigh it's a pain...

EDIT:
it seems it's a boot drive problem bf went through it with me as I took pictures hopes this fixes it
Last edited by Kotomi; 06-04-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old Posted 05-31-2012, 12:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #5  
Are you running an anti vrius scan on it to?
Bow down before the mighty neko named Naku =^.^=
Old Posted 06-12-2012, 10:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
well actually the computer by the point I edited the last message it worked, and only worked for almost two days before no longer allowing me into the computer at all, and yeah no problems in antivirus scans...
shouldn't of been a problem on there anyway I only used it for the same on the computer games not one I used much online...

I called the company a few days ago and I just got my hard-drive replacement in today... it seems to be working fine now... however now it's having an Internet connection problem... and not locating any Internet connection without being directly plugged in... -_-
oh well I guess when dad needs his plugged in I'll disconnect and give him back the router when he needs it... but he rarely gets on so should be fine for now...
hopes, it is just a problem with the drive and that part of the computer didn't get fried during a thunderstorm... but anyway seems to be working, at least for now...
only has a few days left on warranty though hope nothing goes wrong...
now has it on a battery backup surge protector, that my father wasn't using will have to get one of my own soon though
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 02:59 AM Reply With Quote