Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mother Ship
Smile The Super-Duper Treehouse Base Fort Hospital ~ NOW OPEN!   #1  
The Super-Duper Treehouse Base Fort Hospital
~
A hangout thread with patience for patients.

If you are sick and tired of being sick and tired, this is thread for you!
Here co-owners, Kiddiss and Fauxreal, have a calm place for people with an illness, can talk and vent...and party!
We both have done hospital time. Taken medications. And have first hand knowledge of being sick.
We invite you to relax and join in!
Whether you are sick, know someone who is or you just want to talk! Pull up a keyboard and let us know about it!
Last edited by Fauxreal; 03-21-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old Posted 03-08-2012, 02:41 AM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Hello to one and all!

Welcome to our cozy Treehouse Fort for the sickies- and the care takers of sickies.

If you are living with a chronic illness and your "real life" friends and family just don't seem to understand, this Treehouse Fort can be your sanctuary ^_^

About the Kiddiss:
±± Please, feel free to call me Kiddiss or Kat. Either works for me ^_~ (but please, not "Kid"... I'm probably old enough to be your mom >.<)
±± I am owned by six wonderful cats... I speak about them often (you have been warned! LOL)
±± I have Fibromyalgia (FM) and Sjögren's Syndrome - two rheumatoid / auto-immune disorders. I was diagnosed in 2002.
±± I am deemed "Totally and Permanently Disabled" per insurance and Social Security guidelines. That means I cannot return to work... ever.
±± I take more pills than your Grandma and Grandpa combined LOL
±± Mondays are my "day off". I take a chemotherapy drug called Methotrexate at bedtime on Sunday nights. Those pills make me very nauseated for several days, but the first day (Monday) is always the worst... so I will rarely be seen on Mondays.
±± I poke fun at the fact that I am disabled. When people find that strange, I just tell them, "If I wasn't laughing about it, I'd be crying all the time- and I don't have the tears to waste on crying". :p
±± I'm married (just hit 8 years on February 29th! *whew!*), and I call him my husband-creature ^_^ We have been together since before the manifestation of my illnesses. That's really a lot for a partner to take on. He is usually understanding about my limitations - but there are times when he acts like I'm an able-bodied person. That pisses me off. It's one thing to make fun of it; but it's completely different when someone just expects you to be "un-disabled" simply because they want you to do something that is simply not physically possible.
±± If I ask you the same question or tell you the same story over and over, it's because of one of the symptoms that comes with Fibromyalgia, called "Fibro-Fog". It mimics Alzheimer's. The upside of this symptom is that I can laugh at the same joke as though each time I hear it, it's brand new to me ROFL ^_^
±± I like to joke around and have fun- but I do get some serious mood swings from time to time. I only ask that you look past my rants as they will quickly slip right out of my memory LOL
±± I am very open about my illnesses and the daily trials they bring. I ask that you, as a member of The Treehouse, be open with the rest of the members here... but only to your comfort point.
±± I tend to type really looong posts call "Wall 'o Text"
±± When I am experiencing severe Depression, as in suicidal thoughts/actions, I will withdrawal from just about everyone and everything in my life. I think I just found the name for this: Hikikomori I don't by actual age fit the description, but since my mind has regressed to that of (basically) my teenage years, I think it kinda fits.
±± If you would like to know more about me, please feel free to ask. This Hangout is designed to be very laid back and open.

So, that's pretty much me in a nutshell :3

And, now it's Miss Faux's turn <3
Last edited by Kiddiss; 04-21-2012 at 09:48 AM. Reason: removing sig
Old Posted 03-08-2012, 03:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #3  
As you may have noticed... Kiddiss is Queen of the Wall 'o' Text.

Hi! I'm Fauxreal!

Most people just call me Faux, (pronounced fo'!)
I have several dogs and would love to get more.
My big baby girl is Genna and she is the light of my life. She's half border collie / half aussie.
I have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, or Lupus for short. (Insert House joke here!)
I was diagnosed when I was 16 years old so I've been living with me illness for *quite* a while.
I've had two (count'em! TWO!) stem-cell transplants. They were my own stem-cells.
I've have two heart attacks, blood clots in both my legs, had both my lungs collapse (not at the same time!,) been in the hospital more anyone I know! (Even Kiddiss!) I've had chemotherapy since I was 17. Pills. *ug*
I am also very open about my illness and will answer almost every question.

My favorite things are: my dogs, wings, faeries, magical things, laughter and love. I'm a very positive person.
Last edited by Fauxreal; 03-09-2012 at 02:53 AM.
Old Posted 03-09-2012, 02:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Alright friends!

These be rules!

1. Follow Trisphee TOS.
2. Be respectful.
3. This is a place of learning, friendship, and ideas that may be different than your own - SO BE NICE!
4. Kiddiss and Fauxreal get sick and may not be able to be online for extended periods when illness happens, be patient. We will be back.
5. Use common sense.
6. Don't make me post another rule... really! <3
Old Posted 03-11-2012, 02:14 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Default   #5  
OHMAIGAWSH! L@@K!CONTESTS!!
Keep an eye on this post for random contests to pop up. You'll never know when a contest will start, because we never know until the crazy idea pops into our crazy heads!!

{editor's note: We LOVE to do contests and give-aways just for the fun of it!}

THE SUPER-DUPER TREEHOUSE BASE FORT HOSPITAL'S VERY FIRST CONTEST:
MAKE US A BANNER CONTEST!!
Oh, yessssss- there ARE prizes to win!
1st Place: 2,500 aurum + Bragging Rights! WOW! :eek:
2nd Place: 1,500 aurum + Bragging Rights! AWESOME! :D
3rd Place: 1,000 aurum + Bragging Rights! COOLNESS! :cool:

How can YOU win these Super-Duper Prizes, you ask??
--->Are you the Artsy type?
--->Would you like to make a Banner or three for the Treehouse?
--->Show us what you've got!
Once given the Super-Duper Stamp of Approval, your Banner will be put here with a TinyURL code that...wait for it... *drum roll*... magically transports anyone who clicks it right here to the Treehouse!
How Super-Duper nifty is that?! (Answer: pretty freaking Super-Duper nifty!)

GUIDELINES
1. Banner must be related to the Super-Duper Treehouse Base Fort Hospital. You may abbreviate the name to Treehouse Base or Treehouse Fort or Treehouse Hospital.
2. If you have an image/ images, the Judges are most likely to chose one depicting a Treehouse with some sort of Hospital-ish look to it ^_~
3. Please use the current Banner sizes as guides for the size of your Banner (SEE THE "ALL THINGS BANNER" POST BELOW ). The Judges will most likely chose Banners that can fit (legally) in a Signature... but ALL sizes will be judged fairly! We do want to see banners that can be put in people's threads, as well- we want to spread the Super-Duper Joy of the Treehouse all over Trisphee!!
4. More Guidelines may be added for clarification.

**For Bragging Rights purposes (if you want them ^_~), make sure you put in smaller font "Banner by {insert your username}". If you have a Banner or Art Shop, make sure to apply to get a link out in our Affiliates Post ;)

{editor's note: Future Prizes will get bigger as the Treehouse gets more Members ^_~}

Past Contests

[/color][/b]
Last edited by Kiddiss; 03-14-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old Posted 03-13-2012, 12:08 AM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
BIRTHDAYS!

This is where you can find the day of the year your fellow Treehouse Members were born.
Throw cake and prezzies and confetti at them *YaY!* Or, just wish them a Super-Duper Happy Birthday ^_~
If you want to be on the list, we have to know your birthday (*duh* LOL). Just the month and day- we don't need to know how young you are :p PM your birthday to Kiddiss and she will add you to the list. Simple, yes? :D

January

February

March

April

May

June

*19 - Fauxreal

July

August

September

October

November

*12 - Kiddiss

December

Last edited by Kiddiss; 03-14-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old Posted 03-14-2012, 10:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #7  
BANNERS

This is for our affiliates and banners!

(when we get some!)
I've been in the hospital for a month!
Pneumonia. Complications and chest tubes.
Trading Hot Jackie

Old Posted 03-14-2012, 06:53 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Kat's Super-Duper LAST Reserved Spot for future stuff.
(Wouldn't you like to know? LOL)
Hi! I'm Kat!
Kat's Kwest for Shiny Objects
Seeking BAKENEKO- I has runes, au & other currencies
THANK YOU: Reyo for Celestial Wolf & Anon for BOTH Pandora's Boxes <3 I WILL GET JOO!
I use my phone 95% of internet, beware of auto co-wrecks

Faux is my SquishyPinkie is my Ninja in Shiny ArmorAri & Serena are my Lil Sisters
F/Married/Over 30/6 feline kids
Possibly hikikomori
Old Posted 03-21-2012, 02:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #9  
*Also reserved!*
Trading Hot Jackie

Old Posted 03-21-2012, 07:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
-lurks outside on a branch- Yay for a stuffed nose and not caring whether it's allergies or a cold!
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-21-2012, 07:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #11  
*pokes Espy with a stick of healthy vibes* My boyrfriend has terrible allergies. He had to get some Sudafed to fix it.
Trading Hot Jackie

Old Posted 03-21-2012, 07:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I never used to get allergies. x____X; And since I rely on my sense of smell for lots of things...well...
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-21-2012, 07:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #13  
Neither did my man, but I'm telling you he took this medicine and he got better. Sudafed and Allegra. or just Allegra-D - they are actually considered a narcotic, so you can only buy them at certain intervals.
Trading Hot Jackie

Old Posted 03-21-2012, 08:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
*rolls in and noms on Faux and Kiddiss* <8D

Hiya everyone! How are y'all doing tonight? :]

Also: On the topic of this thread theme; I don't have any long-term illness, but I do have a learning disability if that accounts for anything? owo

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 03-22-2012, 11:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #15  
I have mostly grown out of my allergies.... grass and pine tree pollen. *shakes head* they are yucky....
Old Posted 03-23-2012, 12:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Even if you have no sickness at all you are welcome here! <3 But we have this just in case someone does and would like to talk about it. <3<3<3
Trading Hot Jackie

Old Posted 03-23-2012, 12:49 AM Reply With Quote