Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

C'mere
Default my grandma's strange relationship with cheese   #1  
so this is becoming a more and more frequent occurrence: i try to get some cheese, find WEIRD THINGS HAVE BEEN DONE WITH IT. only other person in the house is my grandma, but you'd think someone so obsessed with things being neat and tidy would... idk... not behave like such a savage around cheese?

here is the first major incident, quoted from my post on another forum when it happened (slight language warning):

Quote:
this thing that i experienced. i... there is no rational explanation for it.

i went into the fridge to get a slice of cheese. the package was open, and the cheese was starting to dry out. i looked in and the slice on top was missing a few large chunks, almost as if someone had just taken bites out of it and put it back in--including the little paper separator underneath. what the actual fuck? WHAT. am i to assume my grandma just opened the cheese, ripped off some pieces with the paper still stuck to it, shoved half a slice back into the package, and put it back in the fridge without even shutting it? is she drunk??? i don't even wanna ask about this. i really don't. i just threw that piece away and shut the package.
and then, just the other day, i had a similar issue with the block cheddar. she couldn't just tear pieces off the slices and put them back in, but the end of the block was all rounded and lumpy like someone had just dug into it with a bunch of tiny spoons. like... did she nibble all over it? claw at it with her fingers? stick it into a pit of rabid mice and let them do all the work??? it was clearly ripped away in uneven pieces, not cut or grated. i slice and grate cheese from the block all the damn time and it has never come out looking like that. hell, i've taken a bite out of a block of cheese once and it didn't look like that (shut up, it was MY block and no one else could have it).

i really really don't understand what happens when my grandma encounters cheese. please send help.
Old Posted 04-29-2017, 08:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Thats strange. I feel like I am having a similar issue with my fiancée. She like...takes bites of things, then puts it back. Or like with dates (the food, not taking her on dates) she puts the pits back in the package. I have a thing about not eating food if someone has bitten it nor can I share a drink, spoon or fork, so she is ruining a lot of food I want to eat.

Maybe your gram has some weird obsession with cheese and cant control herself around it.
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 04-29-2017, 08:55 AM Reply With Quote  
C'mere
Default   #3  
though i've noticed that just in general she has... some kind of problem with shutting food packages properly. it's not a "she's old and brittle and has lost her hand strength" kind of thing, either. more like a "lazy/not paying attention/never reads directions and totally ripped the thing in half upside-down" kind of thing. THAT STILL DOESN'T EXPLAIN WHAT SHE DID TO THE CHEESE.

but ugh why would you bite a thing and put it back in unless it was yours and only yours. that's just terrible
Old Posted 04-29-2017, 09:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
You sure It is not fridge mice?!

Old Posted 04-29-2017, 09:46 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #5  
o_o

Does your grandma just eat cheese as a snack by first tearing it..?
Maybe she thinks that because it's cheese it's okay to just take from it like you would with butter/ketchup/a bunch of bananas?
...I do that with bread, sometimes.

Old Posted 04-29-2017, 09:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Janna does the same thing. When she first moved in, I'd grab the peanut butter (or other food) by the lid and the lid would come off and the jar would just drop to the floor. She does this with everything and I got sick of telling her to put lids on right and now just know to grab by the jar. She irks me so badly with certain things, so I understand your pain. Lol
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 04-29-2017, 09:51 AM Reply With Quote  
C'mere
Default   #7  
HOW CAN IT BE SO HARD TO CLOSE A THING ;n;

@Potironette; what... bread... WHY

@Glitch; i'm not sure she isn't a fridge mouse, herself.
Old Posted 04-29-2017, 10:07 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Err, is that not normal? I thought tearing baguettes was considered fine x'D

Old Posted 04-29-2017, 10:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #9  
I dont know but it pisses me off. I just learned to deal because I'm not spending the rest of my life begging her to close the peanut butter, pickles, etc. Hopefully you can just deal because your gram might be set in her ways.

Old Posted 04-29-2017, 01:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
It's more normal with bread...it sounds more like mice or something.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 04-29-2017, 01:34 PM Reply With Quote