Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #17  
We may not be the flashiest girl at the dance, but we're stable and the community is good. The lack of bells and whistles may be what keeps people away, but for those who are looking for a more low-key, relaxed environment? We're a good fit. we don't move super fast, which is good, imnsho, and we've got a good sized group of regulars, so it's easy to make friends.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 12-18-2016, 02:11 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
I think a new look would do us good, I just don't want to lose the functionality our layout has now in favor of some artistic nonsense. I can't stand when I'm unable to tell at a glance which forums have new posts and which I shouldn't bother checking.

Users that are hopping on for the first time would, I think, find our current layout to be dated. It would bother some of them, others not so much. Some are put off by how slow the community can be at certain times as well. It's hard to stay interested when you're on at odd hours when no one else is, or only people you don't know are on.

Also, it's a proven fact that most users that don't stay never had the chance to meet Galla. Yup. 100% tested.

Old Posted 12-18-2016, 06:26 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #19  
i think if you account for the natural loss of registered users that never come back a second time(a loss through all non-gaming sites) then our lack of numbers may be our lack of communal permanence. when you are not driven to get on every single day you are not as likely to advertise, share or even mention for the site and we, as social animals, do most of our living in communities of persons we know

or more simply, if not a lot of people know about tris it wont grow very fast
Old Posted 12-18-2016, 05:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Well, yeah. That kinda goes without saying: "if you want users to come back, give them a reason to come back." And we're working on that. :P But most users (at least the users worth caring about) come back because of content, not visuals.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-18-2016, 07:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Default   #21  
Hm, I hope the changes help trisphee, too, because what stands out to most people is 'trisphee is dead', because there are only a few regulars and there's not a looot of activity.
Old Posted 12-18-2016, 08:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Well, the best way to beat looking dead is to be active, and that's something our users can help us with.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-18-2016, 09:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #23  
I don't know about you mdom, but I'm here every day spreadin my activities <3

Old Posted 12-18-2016, 09:26 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Having left for a few months, I think I came back for the people. As for the emails that get sent for events, I can't say because I don't check my email much :x

And attracting new people, trisphee was sort of hard to find, but when I was searching for avi sites there was one person, or maybe two people who mentioned it in a list.
...but that's only for people who aren't already a part of an avi site ^^;;

Old Posted 12-18-2016, 09:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #25  
Brushed off a preview of what I was working on a while back... Nothing here is final at all, and it's technically not even in progress because it's just a mockup.

Old Posted 12-18-2016, 10:12 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
I kind of prefer the current look, actually. It's nice. I like the button-type gradients. But I'm also an old man.
Old Posted 12-19-2016, 12:30 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Brushed off a preview of what I was working on a while back... Nothing here is final at all, and it's technically not even in progress because it's just a mockup.

Needs more shadows/clear looking boxes in areas and more cup holders in the other.

Old Posted 12-21-2016, 07:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Huh. Drop shadows and translucency effects? Not a bad idea, actually. The header buttons especially could use the visual definition that a drop shadow would provide.

Old Posted 12-21-2016, 07:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
Default   #29  
I have mentioned this site to many people and about 5 have joined. I stay active at least once a day. These sites live and die really on who is running them. Icon sold Syndrone, everybody got all excited and happy, but now its been 2 months since anybody has heard from the new owners. I don't get the fascination with Caedon it is pretty primitative, but it seems to be very busy, go figure.
Old Posted 12-22-2016, 05:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
The layout now is depressing and looks old. I'm a user who think the look of a site is almost as important as the quality and style on the art.

For me the forum index is too messy and have too much going on.
Too many icons and such.

The green color is sad and the flat boxed look doesnt really stand out anymore as it might have been in idk, 2009 or something.

Regualrs seem to forget that even though they might like the current look and doesnt like change, it wont help getting the place up and running by keeping everything look the same as the way it was. A site needs new users to keep going. Id imagine people would like new people to come around and stay yeah?

As ive said im someone who puts the aesthetic about a page pretty far up when deciding if i want to stay and spend my time somewhere.
A reason I can't seem to get into trisphee is because it doesnt seem anything is happening beside item releases. And when the layout is uninteresting and sad to look at.

Change isnt bad. Updating isnt bad, so it kinda irks me when old users say "but i like it the way it is" and doesnt give other feedback to how the site can improve. Without feedback no one can.

And I do imagine the staff and such would liek to get some feedback so they can change and make the site better. And get new users. New users means more possible donations too. So yeah, jsut my two cents lol

Layout is important :p
Old Posted 01-19-2017, 08:38 PM Reply With Quote