Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default   #49  
Set Fire to the Rain XD It's by Adele.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 04-23-2013, 11:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
So not having been on the site in days and only for what minutes when I do log in, I have to say:

one I can understand what cho means about the commons, two I find illusions standards really strange. Especially given I remember this contest that these came from and I don't consider two of those sets commons. Especially given the degree of detail in the sets. Where as some of the other items in the past could have been.

I also can recall the first anime-eque item that trisphee which is that keyblade donation item. And mon your items may be anime but they are not a direct rip like gaias xD
Old Posted 04-23-2013, 11:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Lurker of Lurkiness
Default   #51  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggio View Post
And mon your items may be anime but they are not a direct rip like gaias xD
This. ^

(rant in spoiler, beware XD)
As fabulous and pretty as they are, Ulti's avatars are always male~

Please use "he"/"him" or "they"/"them" pronouns when referring to me please <3

User since 9-22-10

I love it when people use my Sinopa emotes~ <3
~
Old Posted 04-23-2013, 03:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
Okay, time for Reyo's opinions.

My favorite set of the three is definitely the Tune Up set. I love that it comes in three different color variations. I love how versatile that makes the set. The fact that all the colors are available with the purchase of one clothing article is something I particularly enjoy as well. By that I mean that I loved being able to buy the Oil Tune Up Corset and not have to choose between buying it in either Basic or Crimson since they're all included in the item already, unlike items like the Frilly Dresses which are simpler in coloring and thus can be more easily separated to where you have to buy multiple colors in order to have the colors... if that makes any sense. Going back to the Tune Up set, I greatly appreciate the intricacy and versatility in the coloring. The accenting is amazing. I love that it's not all just solid coloring and that the pieces have those little pops from either the black, white, or brown into whatever color you choose. I wish we had more items like that. I end up accenting a lot of my avatar's outfits like that, but sometimes the layering just doesn't work. Having items like the ones in the Tune Up set make it a lot easier to bring in pops of color without making the accent colors too overwhelming. I'm not a big fan of the lines on the gloves, but that's just my personal opinion. I almost literally squealed in delight when I saw the ascots. Ascots and jabots are something I had been eagerly awaiting for a long time.

My second favorite set is the Schoolyard Rumble. I'm not a big fan of the blue variation since I don't use that particular shade of blue at all really. The full spectrum variation, though, I do enjoy. I wish it came in a variation with white accents instead of black, but that's just me being picky. As I said before with the Tune Up set, I enjoy adding those little accents of color like that, and sometimes that accent color is white. Or even an inverted variation where the color part and the black part are reversed... if that makes sense. There are just so many variation options when things are styled this way. The major reason this set isn't my favorite is that the bag looks really clunky. It just seems like a big block of color.

The Wayward Doll set... I'm kind of indifferent to this set. It's cute, it's simple, and it can be accessorized out the wazoo. However, nothing about it really seems to scream "BUY ME!" like the other two sets. The dress seems more like a nightgown than an actual dress, like it should have a translucent variation as well as the opaque variation. The bow and stockings are very adorable, though, and I'll probably buy the stockings and a few colors of the ribbon once I get some more aurum. The shoes seem a bit awkward, though. I mean, on the left shoe the pixeling on the inner portion where the strap is seems a bit... rectangular. It doesn't have the curvy sort of flow that the rest of the outfit has... if that makes any sense. If it doesn't let me know and I'll try to explain it a little better. The idea of platform Mary Janes is cute overall, but I wish there were a non-platform version as well.

Also, in looking through the new items in the shops, I noticed that some of the older items have had the newer colors added to their repertoire. I would like to say thanks for that. I may have to stock up on a few Dust and Berry items later.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 04-23-2013, 03:29 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #53  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
To be honest, that's one of the less skanky demons I've seen on this site. :P
BI My next outfit shall be of the skannkiest demon ever then!!!

Old Posted 04-23-2013, 03:42 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyoki View Post
Also, in looking through the new items in the shops, I noticed that some of the older items have had the newer colors added to their repertoire. I would like to say thanks for that. I may have to stock up on a few Dust and Berry items later.
We haven't had much time to work on this particular project, but it is one of my goals to see the shops as up to date as they can be within the year. Some things will take more time than others, but I'm hoping everyone will be patient with us.

Thank you very much for that well thought out feedback, Reyo.

Old Posted 04-23-2013, 04:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #55  
Did the part about the shoes make sense for the Wayward Doll? I feel like I didn't explain it well enough...

Reyo has an art thread!
Old Posted 04-23-2013, 04:44 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Yes, it does. I can see what you mean about that bit. I like the shoes either way, but that's some eye for detail there.

Old Posted 04-23-2013, 04:51 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #57  
Quote:
DANGIT! As soon as I read that, I went to the shops and blew literally all my money on underbust corsets and head roses and bras and boxers. WHYYYYY.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 04-23-2013, 06:15 PM Reply With Quote  
XD Because Reyo is evil and wants everyone to be poor like her! *cackles*

Reyo has an art thread!
Old Posted 04-23-2013, 06:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #59  
;o; I'm always poor, you don't have to help me spend aurum. xD
Sad thing is that I ran out of money with two underbust corsets left unbought and I still don't have any of the schoolyard rumble or wayward doll sets yet. D:

Old Posted 04-23-2013, 06:21 PM Reply With Quote  
O.o How much is Lucid lacking?

Reyo has an art thread!
Old Posted 04-23-2013, 06:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #61  
Pfff you can't make me take your money.
Seriously. You literally cannot trade with me because my trade junks are broken. 8|

(I'm lacking like a million aurum because I want to buy all the commons ever ;o; )

Old Posted 04-23-2013, 06:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
You..... god so many commons.
Old Posted 04-23-2013, 06:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #63  
O.o Lucid, do we need to have an intervention with you like we did with Nikko?

Reyo has an art thread!
Old Posted 04-23-2013, 06:34 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Quote:
O.o Lucid, do we need to have an intervention with you like we did with Nikko?
do you even need to ask that Reyo...

Old Posted 04-23-2013, 07:16 PM Reply With Quote