Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
Default   #17  
She took a box over to the coffee maker that was sitting on one of the end tables by the couch and put some of the open tea leaves into the lined basket. She filled the back of it with two bottles of water and turned the machine on.

"It shouldn't take more than five minutes," she said as she replaced the boxes to their rightful places. With a yawn she turned one of the chairs in front of the desk around and sat. "So, master Weber, would you care to share a little about yourself?" she asked with a ghost of a smile.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 07-15-2011, 10:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Konrad returned her smile. "Well as you may have guessed I'm not a native to the states. I've lived here about 5 years after the we moved here from Germany. My parents are big corporate suits apparently. I hardly see them anymore with them flying around the states and beyond."

"I'm also a member of the SCA short for Society for Creative Anachronism. You may have seen us at our fighters practice at the Highland Fields and occasionally have annual events there. I'm one of the crazy people who wear armor and whack other people with sticks. That's the best way to describe it without you seeing it in person. I'm also a member of a household in the SCA. They are pretty much are my second family. They helped me out when I was new to the states."

"I'm also currently trying to start my own business in armory seeing as I don't wanna keep working my part time job together. Right now I'm making light weight rigs for tourney fighters but I want to eventually make Gothic sets of armor that will actually look pretty. But I suppose I've bored you enough with my hobby. And I think the tea is about done." Konrad was getting a little excited, it had been a while since someone (outside the SCA) had taken an interest in him.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 06:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #19  
Her smile filled itself out and she nodded, grabbing two insulated cups from the cabinet inside the end table. She filled the cups mostly full and handed one to Konrad. She held out a small dish with sugar cubes for him in case he wanted any.

"That's quite the interesting story. Perhaps you could spare some time to give some sparring pointers to our troupe. We're always looking for ways to be more authentic. We might even be able to assist in your armory business. Since we haven't been traveling for so long, it's been hard to find decent metalworkers to keep our equipment in top shape.

"Ah, I don't believe that I mentioned before that we used to travel. We've traveled all over the world performing plays that would make people smile. Of course, none of that was much my style. I've always preferred to do managerial work, such as reserving performance spaces and selling tickets," she said before pausing for a sip of tea and a small chuckle.

"Sometimes, I swear we might've gone bankrupt in some awful, forsaken place if I hadn't decided to take over the troupe's financials. We all finally settled down here about seven or eight years ago. The troupe bought this building not long after I graduated high school, and I've been managing it part-time ever since. Ah, I'm sorry. Please forgive my rambling. Is the tea to your liking?" she asked politely.

Reyo has an art thread!
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 07:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Konrad grabbed a couple of cubes of sugar and stirred them into the tea. He took a sip and nodded. "Sounds like you found your niche though in finance management...unlike me. And yes the tea is really good." He drank some more of the tea before continuing.

"As for the sparring, our fighting styles are a bit different from real weapon fighting. I think I can change the styles to make it more real for your purposes. I'm proficient in most weapons except for those swishy pokey rapiers." He took another sip of the tea.

"I would be happy to restore your equipment. I'm sure we can come to an arrangement monetary wise." Konrad finished his tea and stood up to walk to put the cup away. "So what are studying for in college?"
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 08:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #21  
She nodded and said, "I'm studying subjects dealing with History and Mythology for the most part. It's been said that the best way to learn a country's history is to learn its mythology, so I'm dabbling in both."

She finished her tea and set the empty cup on the end table. "Oh, just leave that anywhere. I need to clean this place soon anyway, so I'll take care of it then," she said before standing up and stretching.

There was a knock on the door frame and a man with shoulder length black hair wearing white leggings and a corset walked into the room. "Missy, who is this? Does that large amount of raw materials in the lobby belong to him?" the man asked with a large grin.

Missy looked mortified for a split second, but quickly regained her icy composure and responded, "Yes, uncle Harvey, it's his. It was about to start pouring outside when I got back from the music shop, so I let him inside so his things wouldn't be ruined. Is rehearsal finished for the day?" "Yes, we just finished the Green Room meeting. Your mom will bring you the notes in a bit," the man said.

"Thanks for letting me know. Now, go back to the green room and finish changing. Oh, and tell little Kirk and Max not to mess with the stuff in the lobby," Missy said before shooing the man out of the office. She sighed and shook her head as she turned back to Konrad and said, "I apologize for my uncle's lack of decency. Shall we see if the rain has let up yet?"

Reyo has an art thread!
Old Posted 07-17-2011, 07:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Konrad kept a straight face as the man left the room. "Yes I think it's probably let up by now. Speaking of mythology and legends. Have you heard about this rumor that everyone's been talking about?" Konrad set the cup down and followed Missy out of the office.

"It's kinda scary actually, one of my buddies in the SCA was going to try it and the next day I heard he was rushed to the hospital. They said he is stable but is comatose. Didn't think that something like that could happen by saying some stupid phrase."
Old Posted 07-17-2011, 08:38 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #23  
Meanwhile in the dinner Cirya sat and ordered a sandwich and a coke and waited until the weird feeling past. She didn't want to go back outside. She felt something was waiting for her there... and she didn't want to confront it yet. In reality she didn't want to confront it at all. Yet she knew she would have to. If only it was a movie, or a book. She was the 'good guy' right? So the 'bad guy' would never win... but life isn't that way. Not at all.
She sighed to herself and looked around again. She hadn't really looked around since she sat down, and only then it was to find all the exits and to figure out any possible threats. Now though the place was calm, and even more then that... dull. No one here looked like they would hurt a fly let alone her. All the threat levels she had assigned to all the people there dropped to near zero.

"Hey sweetie, you want anything to go with your coke?" The waitress said. Cirya hadn't touched her food at all.

"Sorry, guess my head isn't really with me tonight."

"Yeah, I bet. When you came in here you looked pretty spooked. Anything we can help you with sweetie? We're nice folks here. We care for our own."

Cirya looked at the woman like she had three heads. No one had ever tried to help her before. It was different. New. But not bad.
"I should be fine..." And then she lied. "... Its just my old boyfriend. I thought I saw him... He's not really the happiest with me right now.. So I kinda freaked."

"Oh my god! No wonder your spooked and ghostly white. Let me get you some hot chocolate, and another sandwich! Later I'll have one of my boys walk you home." She looked like she was really concerned for her safety and then hastily went to the kitchen to get her more food.... that she didn't need. She looked down at her full plate and was utterly confused by the whole thing that just happened. Just then the little bell above the door rang out....
"It's in the stars.
It's been written in the scars on our hearts.

Your head is running wild again, my dear.
We still have everythin'.
We're not broken, just bent.
I'll fix it for us.
Our love's enough. "
Old Posted 07-17-2011, 09:46 PM Reply With Quote  
She walked with him back to the lobby as they talked. There were now people milling about here and there in various costumes. "You mean that weird rumor about candles and mirrors? I've heard people talk about it, but I didn't think anyone would be stupid enough to try something like that," she said as they entered the lobby.

Two young boys were circling Konrad's stuff with their mouths open in wonder while a few adults watched them. Missy walked up behind the two boys and put her hands on their heads. "Alright, that's enough gawking from the two of you. You know, if you keep your moths open like that for too long, you might turn into koi fish, and then we'd have to keep you in a tank in my office!" she said with a devious grin. The two boys yelped and covered their moths with their hands before running off.

Missy snickered a little and said to one of the onlookers, "Thanks for not letting them mess with this guy's stuff." A woman smiled and said, "You know it's no problem, chibi-chan. By the way, who is your companion there?" "His name is Konrad. I let him use the lobby to shelter his stuff from the storm earlier. He may be able to help us with the equipment problems we've been having recently," Missy replied before turning to Konrad and asking, "Do you have any more shops to visit? I still have some errands to run, and I'd like to speak with you some more if that would be alright."

Reyo has an art thread!
Old Posted 07-18-2011, 09:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #25  
Konrad gathered his stuff up and checked the contents of his bin. "Well the little creatures seemed to have done no harm. I still have to get a couple of sheets of kydex so I could use some company. You know aside from hitting people with sticks we also have archery. If you want I could teach you sometime?"

He opened the door for Missy and motioned her through. "If you would lead the way."
Last edited by RyuFierce; 07-19-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old Posted 07-19-2011, 12:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Professional Monster Hunter
Trace had just finished his game of Tekken as the manager of the arcade said he was closing up. The two talked as they both walked towards the door and with a quick nod and goodbye Trace was walking down the street towards the local diner. He wondered what he would do now that the arcade had closed for the night, there was the option to go back home but it seemed far to early to head home. There was also the small diner her was headed towards it would be at least a great place to sit down and grab a bite to eat.

"The diner it i" He mumbled to himself. Tace kicked the door open and looked around with only one girl catching his attention she seemed a bit on edge but then some people are paranoid for no reason. Seating himself quickly Trace order a hot chocolate and keep staring over at the girl hoping to grab her attention.
Old Posted 07-25-2011, 12:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #27  
Missy nodded and said, "I've watched archers at their task before, but I've never ventured to try it myself. It seems like it would be a good way to clear my head."

She walked with him down the road a little ways to where most of the shops were and said, "You said earlier that someone you know actually tried out that bizarre rumor people talk about on campus, and now they're in the hospital? What's up with that?"

Reyo has an art thread!
Old Posted 07-25-2011, 12:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Konrad continued down the sidewalk with Missy. "Well I heard they found him in front of his bathroom mirror. There were signs of a struggle but apparently he showed no signs of injury or bruises. Some people around town claimed to have seen a shadow figure matching his description heading toward Lake Glass."

"There have been other cases similar to this happening around town but I don't think anyone has linked the ritual as the cause. I kind of want to do the ritual just to find out what happens. Though it might be safer with another person just in case."
Old Posted 07-25-2011, 01:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #29  
"Hmm, I guess I could help you out there. I think we have some black candles in our prop room, too," she said while they walked. She stopped walking and checked her watch. "It's starting to get late right now, so I don't think we should try it tonight. What are your plans for the next few days? I have a meeting tomorrow for the theatre, but I'll be free by the afternoon."

Reyo has an art thread!
Old Posted 07-25-2011, 02:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Konrad checked his cell phone. "Hmm yes I should be free tomorrow afternoon." He looked around at the shops and spied the one he was after. He walked over to the door and opened it for Missy and followed her inside. He frequented this place and the store assistant knew what he was after and rung up his order. He payed in cash and they brought out sheets for him.

He grabbed the sheets of kydex and stuck them in his bin. "So where did you need to go?" he asked Missy.
Old Posted 07-25-2011, 02:36 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #31  
The sudden noise made her jump. She stared at the stranger as he walked in. He couldn't be anyone that had been following her. She knew that already. She hated when she was like this. Paranoid. Cut and Dry, she did have a reason to be, but that doesn't mean she liked it. People trusted one another so easily. Why couldn't she?
When she had walked in all the corner tables were taken... She had made do with putting her back against the wall. That way no one would come up behind her. She hadn't moved much sense.
"So here ya go darlin'. Got ya somethin' a bit different this time. I figure sense you haven't touched that that its not to your liking." The waitress looked down at the plate.
"Oh, no thats not it... I... ate before I left. I was on my way the the market... Then I thought I was being followed.... and ended up here. The only light in the darkness." She tried to smile sweetly and brush everything off. "But I'll try it, thank you."
Without a word she picked up the other plate and left the one she brought with her, and turned toward the man that had walked in. He had been staring at her, but he was no longer of interest as soon as she dismissed the thoughts of him being the one following her.
"Can I get you something?" She sounded different. Almost rude. She had noticed that he was staring... Maybe she thought he was the one Cryia was afraid of...
"It's in the stars.
It's been written in the scars on our hearts.

Your head is running wild again, my dear.
We still have everythin'.
We're not broken, just bent.
I'll fix it for us.
Our love's enough. "
Old Posted 07-30-2011, 05:00 PM Reply With Quote  
"I have to go to the party store across the plaza. The colored cellophane wrapping plastic works great in place of lighting gels, and it's a lot cheaper," she said with a slight smirk. She took great pride in being able to find ways to cut spending costs for the theatre.

When Konrad had finished his purchase and they were making their way towards the party store, Missy asked, "What are you making from all those materials? That is, if you don't mind my asking."

Reyo has an art thread!
Old Posted 08-18-2011, 11:05 AM Reply With Quote