Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Resident ghost caracal
Default   #17  
But not everyone can afford to spend time to post 100 posts, even more for just ONE item, if there are also the old quests to get and so on.
~ Hello, I am Sadrain, a ghost Caracal, but you can call me Rainy.
Nice to meet you. =^-^= ~
~Questing: Yearlies, RIGs, Lot of MIs, RUNES (always), Aurum
Shop: Selling MOST EIs | NOT updated buying thread ~

|~ Status:
Questing so much things I don't know where to start ~|

~Manning Crow's Nest on Haunted Galleon under Captain Lawtan's rule ~
Old Posted 06-07-2011, 05:32 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
That's the point for avatar sites sadrain! To earn aurum so you can work for an item. Sites aren't supposed to go "here's all are items enjoy"
They don't have time? Then why are they here to begin with? If they like the site MAKE time for it.

Seriously I've been wanting a increase in prices sense October.
The point of a avatar community is to talk, have fun, work for currency.

I will admit I have a lot of items, but I also spend a lot of my time here. There's s big difference between people who spend a lot of time here compared to people who don't.

Old Posted 06-07-2011, 11:16 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #19  
The problem isn't that people don't work for their aurum. it's that there aren't very many rune sellers, and it's not fair to dramatically raise prices for no good reason. It just makes the rich richer and sucks the fun out of it for everyone else. I know that may benefit you personally, but this site does not revolve around you. Some people have real lives that they have to attend to. Some people are just now joining and don't have the time to earn 10k to get the monthlies. Some people don't have the time to stalk the marketplace to buy items before you make inflated offers on them. Some people want to be on Trisphee for FUN and to take a BREAK from life, not to spend their entire lives online.

Natural inflation of items happens, but it should happen gradually and not because one person wants to drive up the prices and ruin it for everyone else.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 06-07-2011, 12:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
I will admit I have a lot of items, but I also spend a lot of my time here. There's s big difference between people who spend a lot of time here compared to people who don't.
The amount of time I spend here is probably unhealthy (actual in-use time is likely at least five hours a day, but I have the page open and check around for at least that much again.) Unless something comes up, I'm on here (among other sites) pretty much from the moment I wake up to right before I go to bed.

And yet, I'm lucky to make 1,000 aurumn a day, mostly because of how the system rewards posting many, many short entries over lengthy discussion entries. It's hard to get a conversation going and have it last, without it degenerating into random chatter that honestly strikes me as borderline spam in a lot of cases. I joined this site, as you said, to talk, not to babble, and finding things to talk about and people willing to converse about them isn't always easy.

So, you can put me firmly in the "throwing money around to inflate prices and polarize the market is mean-spirited and elitist" camp.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 06-07-2011, 01:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Local Weirdo
Default   #21  
I really don't have anything against inflation, as long as it's the good natural kind and not the kind where people purposefully try to inflate the market or buyers bid exuberant prices because they are impatient. D:
Natural inflation is good, that's how over time people can resell items and make a decent profit. I enjoy buying at least one extra set of DIs for this purpose alone. But that kind of inflation needs to happen gradually as the demand becomes higher than the supply.
This inflation is gonna be rather slow on Tris though since there isn't a high amount of new users coming in to affect that scale. D:

But still, that is the only good inflation really... when it coincides with supply and demand levels, not when someone wants it to increase so that they can get richer.
Old Posted 06-07-2011, 02:45 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
My selling threads are usually commons for everyone and it's at a 10-30% discount from the original price. I rarely see people selling commons; those are the ones that I draw to the most since I'm not a hoarder on EIs and DIs since I have between 1 to 2 of the same thing and that's it.

And I like commons when the other items dont work on the look that I want to go for

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 06-07-2011, 04:30 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Default   #23  
I'm finding this happen quite often recently and have been thinking to myself "Man, things are just going up!" Just recently someone gave me an offer of how much they wanted for the Bakenecko, 8.5K. I'm sorry, that's too much. I understand that this item is going to be a little more expensive because it came out late and there wasn't a lot of time to buy it, but, that does not mean you can charge me an outrageous price.

I wait and see what's cheaper. And I'm on almost all day too right now because this is how I fill my free time so I'm able to get about 1.5-2.5 a day from posting around.

So, please don't up the prices because you can. It's not nice.

If you would like to see my awesome scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/Blakey914

I may also have a tumblr...
http://spunky710.tumblr.com
If you follow me, drop me a message in my ask! ^_^
Old Posted 06-07-2011, 04:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Just because the you spend a ton on here, Illusion, doesn't really mean anything.
There are people that spend just as much time on here as you,
maybe more, but don't have as much. Yes, the point of an avatar
site is to talk, not to raise prices to super high
heights where you have to post a million times to get one item. :/
I'm on as much as you are, but you don't see me with 5OO donation items.
/ exaggerating. People have a life. People have jobs, a family,
other things they have to care about. That's why people that love
this site can't get on often. You wouldn't really understand
because we're still in school and don't have jobs and a family to care for.
What you said, Tyler, is kind of like a slap in the face to me. A hard slap.

What I think people need to understand is just because you have 5OOk in aurum that
doesn't mean you can start spending insane amounts on items, then cause things to
sky-rocket in price because people want the price your paying.
Take that extra aurum and try to help new people that come in so
more people actually STAY on the site. Maybe donating to some of
the charities around the site that help people out would help.
But don't spend 2Ok on 2O runes just because you can. It's rude to people that don't have that kind of money and are on often.
Old Posted 06-07-2011, 04:39 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Default   #25  
To be completely honest, if it wasn't for Ultima helping me out so much I wouldn't have stayed. I mean I wanted to be here, but, I also wanted an avatar that I thought was really stellar and awesome.

As much as I love to hoard money when I get on Avatar sites, this is the first one that I plan on helping new people when I get the chance to. It's the right thing to do considering I was, and still am, helped by someone who has been on this site for a long time.

If you would like to see my awesome scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/Blakey914

I may also have a tumblr...
http://spunky710.tumblr.com
If you follow me, drop me a message in my ask! ^_^
Old Posted 06-07-2011, 04:52 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
I think that's a good point. helping out new people and encouraging them to stay will make Trisphee a much more successful site in general. thank you, Night and Desmond, for bringing that up.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 06-07-2011, 05:00 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #27  
@Night
True, but it doesn't mean people do the same thing on here like other trisphee members. Like you, you buy tons of commons. I don't.
And I know people have lives, I know it can be hard to post in a good conversation or a conversation at all on trisphee. But if people expect every item to come to them at once my question is what kind of mind do they have?
To be honest I'd love to donate, but Quests threads seem generic to me so I don't bother going posting in them unless its in my own just to talk :/ (And if you ask why I have a quest thread to begin with, I had it sense Beta and I like talking there :/)
I'm not here to raise prices (even though I've been wanted the prices of runes go to 2k per 10 sense forever.) If there is a item I want, sure I will bid high because I want it.
And nobody needs to do anything, do what they want. Even if the choices are bad or good its up to them to decide. 20k on runes sure is a lot, but if you want the items go for it nobody is stopping you.
And yeah money does run out at some point. That's when you go in and talk even more to earn stuff.

Last edited by Illusion; 06-07-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old Posted 06-07-2011, 05:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Illusion, I earn about 40-50Aurum for all of my posts. I post at least twice an hour. I spend about 5 hours on trisphee a day.

That's a usual day. so, let's say, I make the biggest average posts for thattime, so 50 Aurum per post.

50*(2*5)= 500

I earn 500 Aurum that day.

Okay.

so in.....ten days, I should have one DI, if people keep offering in the 4-5K range on them.

In ten days, a new user, if they spent time here, but not posting much, would have ONE mega-cool item, and if they make rather large posts.

All this while seeing other people wandering around with great avis.

Now, I do agree that it's great that people who spend more time on here are rewarded, I don't believe in punishing those with lives. About 6-7 months ago, my activity I could have here dropped like a stone. I then had to realize very quickly what being a normal user felt like. It sucks when you REALLY just want ONE new DI....and you have to offer everything you have for it.

Now, old DIs, those inflate nicely. But, new ones, inflating the moment they come out? ....oy vey...

Being richer than others doesn't entitle you to things. Others being poor is no crime.

Being on a site more doesn't make anyone better than anyone else. It just means you have more time to run about on a website. The rest of us, however, have things to do. I have writing, which doesn't take up ALL my time, but some, I have batty, I have looking for work, I have working for my family, I have school usually, I have a social life, etc.... I have a LOT going on.

Are you saying I should be denied things here, because you want things to be more valuable? You see, look at it from that angle. What would you think, if you were poor on this site, and you saw that post? "Oh, I like to spend 20K on MY runes. Your quests aren't spiffy enough for me. Away with you~"

I know you probably meant no harm by that, but it's terribly insulting to EVERYONE ELSE.

You just told all the questers and poorer people they aren't worth the time, nor the items, and that's kinda rude. It's good to think about the things you say before you say them.

Illusion, yer a good guy, I like ya, so that's why I even take the time to say all this XD *gives cookie* I also had a cookie for you. It's tasty, I think. I wouldn't know, I didn't eat it, as it's, like, for you...n...stuff. owo
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 06-07-2011, 05:19 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #29  
I'm not saying people should be denied anything, yes Trisphee can be a break from life for people. And yes bigger avies for a new person might intimidate you. But not everyone would or should be scared off (I don't really understand why anyone would be scared off to begin with but thats just me.)
Also even though its nice to have things new, and they will most likely go down in price afterwards. Doesn't mean you have to wait or get them right away. Its like if a new game console comes out, everyone wants it because its cool and fancy, and of course there will be a price cut in the future. But some people will pay the extra dollar for it now to show off and enjoy or they will just wait until their convenience. And if they didn't like the console they can easily just try and sell it to some else who wants it or trade it in for something else.

Trisphee needs to branch out more then anything, the only thing i find is sad that all the arguments this site has. I always tell myself to stop going into threads like these and just do what I normally do without maddening people who don't quite understand my point of view or me understanding theirs. People will complain and bitch but alright. Its their right to speak unless the Admins say no. Hopefully we will have a forum for discussions like this so they are not so public and we can hide our anger.

Did I just say quest forums weren't worth my time? Or do words speak on their own? I'm just saying quest threads aren't interesting unless there is awesome people backing it up or pretty signatures that catch my attention.

Last edited by Illusion; 06-07-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old Posted 06-07-2011, 05:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
It's implications to watch out for, dude. Like, if you say "I bet it was those neighbors across the street what stole my TV!" and those neighbors aren't white? People assume you're a racist. Did you say it was due to their race? No. Could they have your TV, IN THEIR HANDS, standing in front of everyone, and you would still get called a racist? You betcha.
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 06-07-2011, 05:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Default   #31  
Also, I would like to make sure it is noted that this thread is not a personal attack on anyone. Yes, I am speaking directly to Illusion right now, but I am trying not to be mean about it, as I have no ill will here. Illusion, if you feel assaulted by my words, tell me.

also, if I see this becoming something of a flaming thread, well....yeah. I'll be keeping an eye on this...
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 06-07-2011, 05:44 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
So what is your solution to that?
Keep rereading and find the implications?
Plus its hard to understand implications when people point them out and you don't understand what they mean and you go on making more on accident to describe your view.

Old Posted 06-07-2011, 05:45 PM Reply With Quote