Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A*DIC*TED
Default   #177  
Not long after Trevor stopped to watch the dancers they finished a song and called that they would be taking a break and would be back soon. Several of the men clamored up around the woman in the bird costume to talk to her and offer her gifts, but they cleared off fairly quickly when they realized their lavishing praise upon them would get them nothing but thanks.

She waved him a bit closer, her eyes narrowing. "You... come here..." She gestured toward an area they had shaded by hanging up silky dancing scarves. She sat on a rug and patted the ground next to her. "You have a strange spirit in you."
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 12-11-2017, 05:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Trevor watched the dance until it was over and he turned to leave the castle until he heard someone talking. He turned back and blinked when the woman who was just dancing was gesturing to him to come over. Hesitantly he walked over. He didn't sit down right away because he was cautious.

He frowned slightly when she said he had a strange spirit. "I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that." He wasn't about to tell some strange woman he just met about his predicament, though there were enough people who already knew and saw him with his cat ears and tail so it wasn't that much of a secret. He figured she probably heard about it or seen him and was going to tell him stuff he already knew. But he would humor her for a bit. "Why is my spirit strange?"
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 12-11-2017, 05:42 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #179  
At this distance her wings looked so much more real. There were no straps holding them on, they seemed to attack directly to her back and they flexed without any external movement. She raised a brow at his reticence.

"Magic touched." She lifted her hands and drew a circular design in the air then blew some shimmery dust into it. The dust swirled into the image of a cat and then it slowly stretched and shifted into the form of a slender young man. "But you resist it. You do not explore your abilities much, do you?"

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Old Posted 12-11-2017, 05:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
He watched the image in the dust and then looked at her. "It's no real secret anymore that I have cat parts at night. So, I'm not sure what you're going for here? I can't get you an invitation into the castle if that's what you're looking for? There's nothing special about me except that I get cat-like when it's night time. Unless you know how to get rid of the curse I'm not sure what you can do for me." he said carefully.
Old Posted 12-11-2017, 05:55 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #181  
The woman's brows rose and she chuckled. "I wasn't looking for anything, but since you assume I can do nothing for you go back to your castle." She shooed him away like a cat caught on the kitchen counter. Her voice dropped quietly. "but no amount of pretending will ever actually make you a noble."

She abruptly stood and went to tend to the horses of their little caravan, leaving him alone in the crowded square.

Old Posted 12-11-2017, 05:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
He frowned a moment standing there alone. He went over to where she was with the horses "Okay, what can you do for me then?" he asked curiously. "I'm sorry, I'm not quick to trust people considering my past," he said to the woman. "Can you remove this curse?" he asked. "And I don't really want to be a noble, I just want to be able to live comfortably without having to steal my meals or sleep on the streets," he said quietly.
Old Posted 12-11-2017, 06:05 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #183  
"It is wise to be slow to trust, but expecting the worst of others is not how you make friends, assassin." She looked over her shoulder at him. "IF you were cursed, yes I could remove it, but it is no curse you are under. Have you considered looking at the positive aspects of your "curse?" Her wings fluttered lightly in the breeze. "If you were normal you would not be in the position you are in, correct?"

Old Posted 12-11-2017, 06:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
He thought about it. "Probably not? If I was normal I would probably be an apprentice to someone in town by now. A tailor, or a blacksmith. Some sort of trade that would make me money, but instead the cat ears and tail turned me into a freak that nobody wanted to deal with. That's why I had to steal things, sell them and use that money to survive." he said and then paused. "Wait, how did you know that I'm an assassin?" he hissed quietly.
Old Posted 12-11-2017, 06:45 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #185  
"It is because of your difference that the king's eyes ever fell on you. Would you prefer to be a blacksmith or tailor to becoming a duke with an estate?" She smiled knowingly when he balked at her knowledge. "I know many things, kitten. Your eyes do not travel far from your own person. You must learn to pay attention to others if you hope to keep yourself safe."

Old Posted 12-11-2017, 06:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
"That's what I have been doing," he said and then stared at her. "Your wings aren't a costume, are they. They're real," he stated. "Are you cursed too then?" he asked. He stared at them a bit longer. To anyone who was watching her dance, they would think it to be apart of her costuming. Fitting the wings to match the clothes, when in reality she probably fit the clothing to match the wings. "You have the wings all the time or just during the day?" he asked.
Old Posted 12-11-2017, 07:13 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #187  
She fluttered her wings lightly in response and turned to him. "I have no curse on me, dear boy. "I have many a blessing, and the shape of a bird is one of them. Of course with every blessing comes a challenge. The favor of the gods does not come freely." She stretched her wings and patted the horse lovingly on the nose. "I have my wings during the day, and the transformation is more... complete at night time. I am a very private person once the sun goes down." She held her hand out to him. "Would you take the full form of a cat under the light of the moon?

Old Posted 12-12-2017, 05:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
He shook his head "No, during the day I'm completely human. At night my hair grows darker and I acquire a set of cat ears and a tail. That's the extent of the outward apperance. My nails do get sharper an I have more cat-like reflexes but aside from that nothing else." He said taking her hand, not knowing why. "Why though? If it's not a curse then why am I 'blessed' with the cat parts? Why are you blessed to be a bird?"
Old Posted 12-12-2017, 06:00 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #189  
She patted his cheek gently with her other hand. "I said would you, not do you," she corrected with a little chuckle. "It is not our place to question the intents of the gods, it is only our place to use our gifts as we believe best. Perhaps there is reason that you have not yet even imagined. There may be a plan for you that has not yet been set in motion. We can only live today, leave it for the gods to weave the pattern of tomorrow."

Old Posted 12-12-2017, 06:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
" So are you asking would I turn into a full cat if given the chance at night? Not if I can't control it, no. That'd put a damper on any erm...lady friend that I may end up with later. It would be a bit hard to bed her if I'm on four legs and go 'meow'". He said with a slight tone of amusement. "If I had the ability to control going from cat-boy to cat, it could prove useful..."
Old Posted 12-12-2017, 06:15 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #191  
"Your dubious intentions aside, you would be able to control a full transformation because you would have to concentrate very hard at first to make it happen." She released his hands. "You would have to learn how, and it would take a lot of practice. You might, if you try hard enough, eventually even be able to do it during the day." She plucked out one of her long brilliantly colored feathers and handed it to him. "You should return to the castle now, but we will be camped out just outside the city near the river all week. If you decide you want to learn, show that to the camp guards and they will bring you to me. You may bring your friends if you trust them."

Old Posted 12-13-2017, 04:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
He took the feather and looked at it. He nodded at her words and then he did as she suggested and headed back to the castle. He murmured awkward thanks and then left the marketplace. He knew that not a lot of time passed since Joane gave him the 'day off' so he knew she was probably still in her room with Ermi. Most of his stuff was in her room since they didn't give him his own yet so he really had nothing to do. He could seek out Leandrea but he didn't know if that was a good idea either. He sighed and pocketed the feather and wandered.

He found himself in the gardens that he normally met Leandrea before morning court but it was hours since then and she was probably doing something else. He didn't mind the garden though, so he chose a nice sunny patch of grass and lay down on it. Before long he started to doze.
Old Posted 12-13-2017, 06:12 PM Reply With Quote