Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #81  
Despite the details of their romance in the bedroom kept in the dark, sharp flickers of what might have gone down in there fluttered like passing butterflies in Riola's mind; the Edensian suppressing a small shudder, and covering it's existence with a light stretch - Arms reaching upwards towards the sky before they traveled towards his eyes to rub them. Fatigue was beginning to sink into the Edensian's bones and each passing moment felt heavier and heavier. The wounded on the ship? The fact they were now being proactively hunted? It was beginning to toll on Riola, and most likely just about everyone else here as well. "What I expect is walking in and seeing you glued to the ceiling with some sort of web while La Aranea whips you with something sharp." He blurted out, his tongue moving faster than his mind could censor, before he burst into small snickers at his own comment.

"Whoa hey...I'm not gonna dye my hair. I mean...It's bad enough trying to survive as a male Edensian. I'm not gonna give that up just to hide the fact I'm one." Riola replied, shrugging a shoulder and the smile slowly fading into a childish scowl. His hands locked around a tuft of red hair, and Riola brought it towards his gaze; hot air escaping his lips as he sighed and shook his head. "Fuck, hermano. Sometimes I wish I was a human or something else. Least I could get away with just being me without being locked up, you know?" Riola shrugged once more on the topic of the Edensians triggering him, before Riola pursed his lips. "The thing that was attacking him? Owned by the Edensians. Saw that thing once myself. It's...Enough to cause PTSD." A small pause gave Riola a bit of breathing room at Mendez's last comment, before his head moved up and down in agreement with the Half-Edensian. "We're all stuck now. And we brought two more into the shitpile. I don't wanna end up burying the Felis over this. They're not cut out for this. Puta Madre, I should have said 'No' to Fikri when it came to demolitions."

=-=-=-=-=

"Figured you'd want me to look after the big man anywhoo, so it's all good. Don't get me wrong. You're priority number one, but I gotta lotta time jotted down in my life with Shal too. Didn't want you two fighting for my love and whatnot." Hyun said with a small snerk; nostril slits flaring for a bit, while the Chuzizian took hold of Ashi, and helped her into a better position when she fell back down from the jolt of angony that ripped into her. "Whoa hey, just gotta ask if you need pillows or whatever adjusted. Chellix would have gotten her by too, but Hyun knew the after effects. The girl wasn't ready for that, or worse, she'd get hooked on the stuff. And the chance of that happening would do exactly what it had done to some of her exes in the past. Get them in the 'disinterested' pile, and then chained to a post somewhere while one of her friends recorded her gunning the addict down.

"Rest as much as you need, love. And don't worry. I'm not gonna be anywhere far. I'll have the cats bring me in some coffee or whatever, and stay in here until it's time to whisk you off to the pools." Hyun said, though her tone seemed more like she was trying to assure herself more than anyone; the Chuzizian looking back towards Shaldag to make sure the man was still showing signs of life - His eyes closed, but the slim rise and fall of his mangled chest showing his was breathing. Hyun's head craned to the right, her magenta hues setting on Ashi again, and the pink woman raised a brow of flesh as Ashi looked towards her. "Once he's back on his feet, he's gonna do something stupid. I know him. That's what I'm worried about the most. He'll let himself get killed for revenge." She tried to explain, fumbling a second on her words. "The asshole...Ogrunu...Whatever, he's...Well, there's a reason I called him Shaldag. The dude'll murder everyone associated with Toka's passing."

"As for the gang shit? We're already sort of. Fucked. No one is gonna come back after that spanking. But we have money. We can always find somewhere neutral, that isn't gonna help them out." Hyun offered as a reply, before glaring at the princess and nearly giving her a sucker punch, before she restrained her own fist. "You'll live, you fucker. You got me and the big guy over there watching your back, right? We're unstoppable."

=-=-=-=-=-=

Between sputters and the imagined fire bellowing out of his mouth from scalding coffee, and the absolute paranoia that Atrix's joke was sincere, the Felis was locked into the controls and soaked in as much knowledge as he could muster when Rosalind began explaining to him the procedures for hyperspace. It had certainly been at the same time more-complex and more simple than he anticipated. He had expected quantum mechanics and careful, mathematically challenging planning, but all it seemed to be was hit the right lever and press the right button at the right time or you were as a good as dead inside your metal ship; though when the light from the stars stretches and expanded into one mixed, blended mess; Nokra lost himself at the sight of his first seat in front of a ship going FTL speeds. There was a stupefied, amazed look on his face and the youth in his eyes was in plain sight for all to see.

Atrix was finding herself more and more amused by the female Felis. The woman seemed downright terrified of everything, and didn't even shudder or flinch when the Terskix laid a finger on her. Crossing her arms, Atrix pondered on the thought of keeping her around her person, and seeing if Fikri was willing to part with one. From what she had mustered, he was the one who brought them on the ship. And it wasn't like anyone here had the strength or the desire to deal with the Terskix...Though her desires seemed to have faded the moment she had brought them up in her mind.

Atrix looked over at Rosalind and her new co-pilot, and leaned against the Pyra's seat, one arm, soon followed by several more reaching over and taking hold of the woman's armrests. "A question, Rosalind. You have. Experience with Edensians. What do they enjoy?" She barked, clicking her mandibles and leering at Nokra, who sat still and pretended he didn't exist.
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 03-13-2018, 12:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
As Riola stretched, Mendez rubbed his neck. It was sore, the pain only increasing with every minute passing. Bruises were no fucking joke, and this was worse than any bruise that Atrix had managed to give him. She might actually be a little pissed when she sees it. But then, Mendez himself didn't even get to see the damage and he wasn't sure he wanted to. The important thing was that he was breathing and that those metallic fingers were no longer wrapped around his neck. He'd deal with the consequences as they came. A smile did creep to his face and he snorted, “Hermano, I thought you didn't want to know that? I'm not gonna tell you how close or far away from the truth you might be.”

When the pair were far enough away from the door that their voices wouldn't carry through to the broken Ogrunu, Mendez leaned against the wall, “I don't want to do it either, but I'd rather do that than get choked out by a man three times my size. If I ever want to get choked again, I'll go to Atrix.” He laughed a bit at his own joke, smile fading when the subject turned serious. “I'm halfway there, but it's looking more and more like Mama's dream of an egalitarian Edensia is just too far away. I want to say that we'd see it in our life time, that you can take Rosalind to see your homeland while being safe yourself. But, I don't think we'll see it. Not in our lifetime anyway.” He looked down as he slid onto his haunches. They'd be approaching their destination soon, and he needed all the bit of rest he could get.

“Then let's hope it doesn't. Something tells me that man's seen a lot of shit that would cause PTSD in even the strongest. Ashi said...something about it targeting her specifically though. It leads me to believe Daowei and Edensia are working together. Going for a twofer by going after the terrorists and the princess? If that's the case, we've gotta get real good at running and hiding, and we've got to do it fast.” he sighed, squeezing the bridge of his nose, “The two new felis can leave. Their faces aren't yet associated with ours. I doubt Rosalind is gonna let them stay on the ship without first making them aware of the danger they're in. As for Fikri? I think he needs this. He needs some sort of outlet that's not...ehm...what he's been doing.”

/////

Ashi blinked, processing Hyun's words. She was priority number one? The princess was certainly grateful for that, but she didn't feel like she deserved it. Shaldag had been a part of Hyun's life long before Ashi ever came into the picture; they'd been through everything together. Ashi was only plucked up recently by chance and seemed to be the sole source of their problems. Had she not shown up? Yeah, Hyun would be down a couple billion qanta, but Shaldag would be all in one piece and the gang would still be in operation. “I think at this point we're all inseparable. I would never fight Shaldag for your love, because I know you are capable of loving more than one person in different ways,” the princess said at some length, offering her girlfriend a small, pained smile. “I'm...fine,” she said with a resolute nod, “We'll be in the pools soon and this pain will only be a memory. I just hope they...I hope they can take away Shaldag's pain and keep him alive.”

Ashi followed Hyun's gaze to their friend and bit her lip. Seeing him, it was hard to keep hope. He was breathing, yes, by some miracle, but he looked like he was barely holding on. If he was going to make it, it was going to be due to sheer spite and a need to get back at those that took Toka. “Well, we could stay with the crew of the Odyssey,” Ashi said, closing her eyes, “They're going after the Edensians. If we're not with them, Shaldag will go after them himself, and that will get him killed. With Riola's knowledge of Edensian policies...this common enemy...we might be able to see something come out of it.”

She opened her eyes looking to her girlfriend, “You really think Shaldag will be okay with going somewhere neutral to hide until this all blows over? Toka was precious to him. They will have to pay for Shaldag to rest.”

/////

Rosalind's eyes were glued to the screens, shifting from one to other, thoughts that would typically be kept private now narrated out loud with a thick Pyran accent. “'An now, ye see 'ere on this map 'ow close we are? We 'ave t'leave 'yperspace in the next ten seconds or we'll miss our window,” she explained, hands deftly working around a variety of buttons and levers. The ship seemed to slow to a crawl in a matter of seconds, but her piloting prevented any sudden lurches and she pointed out the window, “There's our destination. Ah'm gonna walk ye through landing.”

As the ship was making its descent into the planet's gravitational pull, Rosalind sat back and grinned at Atrix, “Well, the one with the most experience'd be Riola, then maybe Mendez. Problem es, Riola an' I 'aven't 'ad much time t'ourselves...”

////

Fikri nodded to Magali and bowed his head. He knew he had to face it at some point, but looking at the bloodied former slave before him he knew that it was something he really did not want to do, especially considering the fact that Hyun had some sort of strong animosity against him. He followed, sighing.

At the five minute mark, Magali knocked on the door to the makeshift medbay.
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 03-13-2018, 07:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #83  
"You tend to forget, hermano, that I was traveling with Atrix as well for quite some time. I may not know what's going on in there, but I can hazard an accurate guess. Atrix isn't exactly the most unpredictable girl on this metal tub si?" Reaching out and nudging the Half-breed's head upwards a little, Riola examined him for a second and let out a deep whistle. "Little purple, though you can probably get away with it. If you can talk her into keeping you around for children instead of food, you can probably convince her it was no big deal." Riola mentioned with a small shrug of his shoulders. Truth be told, Atrix wasn't hard to fool at times. Whether it was her species, or the woman herself, she just seemed to take things at face value half the time. It was nice. And sometimes frustrating, particularly when he was trying to keep a low profile with Atrix.

"I'll gamble on being faster than him, considering he's bedridden. Just gotta...Not even go near him at all unless it's absolutely necessary." Riola muttered, looking towards Mendez with his next comment and snorting. "Now I gotta ask Rosalind the same thing. If only to see her reaction. Come to think of it, I barely have the chance to even get to talk to her in private. She's busy flying the ship and all for most of the time." The Edensian scrunched up his face and then muttered a few obscenities before sighing with defeat. "We manage to dethrone the Queen. Then what though? Last thing we need is one dictatorship replacing another. I know the military would have to step in, but that's not a decent governing body forever."

"Only thing we know for certain is whatever happened, the three are lucky to just be alive, so there's that. I'm glad they didn't die. Just more people we have on our side without the worry of stabbing us in the back too. As terrible as that sounds." Riola grumbled, itching his own neck and twisting his back so it popped a few times. The possibility of both of them working? It was a scenario Riola dreaded and his face paled while he itched his head. "Well, I can dodge Edensian shit well. I know some of the codes and the hotspots for their military and government bodies. Don't know anything about Daowei. Ashi might know, so there's that but...Either way. No bueno. And shit. Felis. Never seem to get a break no matter what, huh? We better get them on their own soon if they don't want in on this, or they're dead. And Fikri? Well...If he needs it, he's gonna dive into this and get shellshocked. I make bombs. The aftermath of those...It's no good to see sometimes."

=-=-=-=-=

"Well, I fuckin' hope by now we're inseperable. If almost dying didn't work, I wouldn't see what else would. Shit, all this bonding. I could use a drink, if bonding and loving each means running and being exhausted." Hyun said with a dry, stale cackle. The Chuzizian yawned and scrutinized Ashi for a second, clicking her tongue in her cheek before nodding. "Well, if you're fine you're fine. I'm not gonna pry and see if you're lying. But yeah, for fuck's sake this place needs to be here. Now. Any longer and I'm gonna have words with the fuckin' pilot, as nice as she is. I can be polite for so long before my friends start dying. And if Shaldag croaks before he gets help, one of them better be ready to join him too."

"Not sure they're gonna want a bunch of scum like us on the ship, but if they want us, then they can have us. I haven't done ship work in forever, but having Shaldag all up on his throne of war again, and this time having a reason to kill things is something you can't deny, right?" Hyun drone, pausing and peering over when she didn't Shaldag's chest rise, scrunching up her face before the wounded man sucked in some more air and exhaled. Hand where her heart was, Hyun breathed a sigh of relief. "Surprised he didn't kill the other Edensian on the ship. I've seen that kinda look on Shal's face. It's the kind that rabid animals have."

At Ashi's question, Hyun let out a deep breath of air and closed her eyes, letting her thoughts swirl in her mind before answering. "If anything, I know if he accepts, it's because he's planning something. So I'd be more concerned if he does agree to hide right away, and we don't have to convince him."

=-=-=-=-=-=

Nokra has expected a lurch like he felt in other ships, but was rather pleasantly surprised when he wasn't on his face instead of his chair when everything slowed back into reality outside of the cockpit window. His stomach fluttered for a second when he noticed the buttons and levers, the Felis wishing he had some form of notebook or dataslate to at least help with remembering the procedures Rosalind was talking about. Her accent made a few things hard to follow, but there was always time to ask questions. For now? It was soaking in as much information as he could muster. The Felis of course was silent when Atrix and Rosalind began talking, the male Felis sticking out his tongue at the thought of Atrix...Intimate. Probably all mandibles down there like her face.

"I'll have to interrogate Riola then when I have time. Provided you don't need him first." Atrix hummed outloud, coiling her mandibles together and looking towards the incoming planet. "...I know this world. I'll have to be...Confined to certain areas. It's been that waay since the Empire tried to viral bomb this place."

=-=-=-=-=-=

The door Magali knocked on opened, revealing Hyun, who looked towards the two, and waved them in. "The asshole's still alive. For now. Tried strangling one of your redheads, so we figured you lot would be safer in here then them."

Old Posted 04-02-2018, 07:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
“A couple of lonely sky-side nights introduced you to the bedroom Atrix then, hermano?” Mendez said, snickering, running a hand through his red hair. His neck still hurt, but he was grateful for the chance to relax, if only for a moment. Though he was comfortable with Atrix, he knew that saying the wrong thing could tip her off at any moment and he could still end up as lunch. After all, Atrix was a widow of her own making. “Children?” Mendez laughed, shaking his head, “I can only hope. Haven't been able to convince her yet. I think I still need to prove myself, and knowing her caste, that's going to have to be done through battle. It's kind of in my best bet to stick around and hope I can be of some use to you guys.”

Mendez laced his fingers behind his head, “I mean, yeah. I think that's why she called the felis in there. They're possibly the least threatening species I've ever seen, and with their culture based around love? They're kind of perfect for this job. I just hope they can actually keep him alive. There's no saying what will happen if he dies. Hyun might possibly go insane.” He closed his eyes and sighed, “Haven't been able to spend as much time with Atrix as I would have liked either, but who knows, maybe you'll get a shot with Rosalind now that she's grooming that new felis to pilot. But who's to say that they'll stick around once we get there? So...what would you propose in lieu of regicide, amigo? Try to instill a democracy? Something tells me an all female congress would be just as bad the queen – but less easier to kill.”

“I'm glad they're on our side, that's for sure,” Mendez said, opening one eye, “But there's still the two governments going after us,” Mendez said and lowering his voice continued, “Hyun's army of misfits is dead and while the strongest part of that still lives, we've seen what can happen going against just one of those fuckers from the Edensians. You said you saw the thing yourself once, si?”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Ashi couldn't help but smile and want to get up and run into Hyun's arms. Almost dying didn't have to do the trick; she was already drawn in. “Well, if it's any consolation,” Ashi said, mustering a smile through her grimace, “I like the bonding, even if it entails being electrocuted and beat up.” Ashi was uncomfortable, wanting to shift again, but knowing the consequences sat put and focused on the woman before her. She wanted to hold her, or more like, be held by her, even if she wasn't warm and comforting. There was always comfort in the cold for Ashi, it only made sense that her first (and hopefully last) girlfriend would be cold-blooded. “I think she's doing everything in her power she can. I'm just thankful that we made a good enough impression with her that she'd take us.” Then, it wasn't like they had much of a choice. The ship they were on now once belonged to Hyun, and Rosalind carried in one of her secret accounts the billions of qanta they'd manipulated from her father.

Ashi's eyes then looked to the ceiling, as if that would shield her from being just a breath away from the man that put himself in this condition to save her as he drew his last. She swallowed, breathing with relief with Hyun as his chest continued to rise. “Well, we won't be able to hide anyway. I'm a target, as are you just for owning the cash, whether it's in your possession or not. By their standards, it's yours,” Ashi said sighing. “I wish I could have met you in another life, one where I wasn't a princess.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

All of the thoughts that Rosalind normally had in the confines of her mind in muscle memory she now narrated, knowing full well he wouldn't be taking everything in. There would be plenty of time to review if they decided to stick around. If not? Well, there was no telling what would become of the two. “Ah think 'e'd be the best bet if yer lookin' for Edensian information, ah jest get us where we need t'go. Ah'll take 'im after ye get done talkin' t'im. Ah dun wanna be rushed,” the Pyra responded chuckling. More than anything she wanted some alone time with him, and not just to consummate the fact that she cared for him (though, that was hopefully in the books), she just wanted some time to simply be with him. It had been a long while since anyone was able to stir up any feelings in her, let alone those resembling love, and she was set on pursuing it, even if it meant putting her life in danger. Which was good, considering her current predicament.

When all the felis left but Nokra and Rosalind was left alone with him and Atrix, she turned the conversation to him, “Ye'll get a chance to talk to Magali while the injured are being tended to. If ye've decided to not stay, we'll take ye t'where ye need t'go. Can't promise ye'll be welcomed with welcome arms anywhere but Eyama though, giv'n your species' reputation.” “

That said, she moved the conversation back to Atrix, “If ye want, ah trust ye on the ship if ye think ye'll meet some less than pleasant people.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Magali nodded and resumed her place beside the large man, knowing the spots that needed the most attention, “Rosalind gives us...” she looked at the digital interface with the galactic time on it, “Less than five minutes. We should be bracing for landing.”

Fikri pressed his lips together, his ears pressed flat against his head. He knew none of those in here, save maybe the princess, had any good thoughts about him and he knew very little about the medical field. “Where can I help?” he asked, looking to Hyun.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

“Ladies an' gentlefolk of the Odyssey,” Rosalind's heavily accented voice came through on the speakers, “We've landed. Please get the injured ready t'leave. The sooner we can fix 'em, the better.”

The door hissed open and Rosalind immediately made way to alert the medical staff that they had two very injured people. She hoped to whatever gods could possibly exist in this skyless universe that they wouldn't ask for their identities.
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 04-03-2018, 10:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #85  
The moment the doors to the airlock hissed open, the inside of Rosalind's ship was pelted and slammed with rain and wind; Amoxicilis 5's weather greeting the Pyra the same way it did with everyone else. The sky itself was a dark, gloomy near-black, with the large platform they were on connected to one of many hospitals that loomed over the planet's almost endless oceans. It was a short little hike and a set of plastic double-doors gracefully hummed open; several nurses looking towards the woman and blinking a few times before rushing to prepare themselves for incoming wounded; a small voice chiming in from the announcing systems.

Doctor Analoka to the front of Side 3, repeat, Doctor Analoka to the front, Side 3.

As the nurses prepped themselves, one of the human ones looked over towards Rosalind, "If you can, have them rushed in via your crew while we prep emergency Verdaqua for the more severe wounds."
=-=-=-=-=-=

"One night, but we both regretted it. Mostly because we were both drunk and ended up blacking out, then waking up to the whole 'Why am I inside Aranea?' happened, and I had to slide out of bed without waking her up, so she didn't kill me out of instinct." Riola replied, looking towards the hallway to the cockpit. It was bad enough telling Mendez that he was frisky with the spidery woman of his heart, and he was doing his best to lessen the blow, if Mendez was the kind of guy to get angry at such things. The moment the conversation turned, Riola jumped on it like a lion on prey. "Can tell you enough, that it's not watching you fight that's gonna be the thing. Knowing Atrix, she wants to make sure you can outlive her. She'll probably hunt you. Like. Hunt-hunt. If you live you can put a kid in her."

"They're the least threatening, but look at them. They can endure. Not a lot of people have that kind of drive and ability to survive being in shackles. Kinda wish Edensians could take a page and stand hardship like them." Riola said with a quiant chuckle, though his face grew a bit serious. He hadn't banked on the thought if any of those two didn't make, and the fact Hyun would probably crucify everyone aboard just out of anger and frustration. Riola couldn't help tbut grin and look at Mendez, and shrug his shoulders. "Well, if she lets me have like, one last action before I die, it'd probably be just to have her kill me topless. So I can at least have a decent sight before she brains me to death, or shoots me or whatever. Also assuming she killed Rosa first. Otherwise I'd just ask for like, ten minutes in the closet with Rosa before she murdered me." A small pause. "I'm such a shit, amigo, ahaha. As for the Edensians? Don't care what happens, but it's the only chance we got. I don't wanna just put puppets who agree with me on every issue. Just someone who won't kill us for being men."

"So far I've only seen one of him. If there's more, I'd probably just put a gun to my head to blow my brains out, and let Atrix collect the bounty, so you all didn't have to deal with. They brought that thing in once to clear out a safehouse. No matter what we tried using on him, it didn't work. Acid. Bullets. Laser-fire. Didn't leave him permanently injured out down. Then, he got to us and it was just...I don't wanna talk about it, Hermano." Riola drifted off, flaring his nostrils and paling. "No idea how to deal with it, especially if Viora is at its reins."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Alone with the male felis, Atrix took the pilot seat for herself and crossed her legs, spinning it from one panel to the other, and clicking her tongue and humming to her own tune, all the while the felis gawked at her with a bit of horror mixed with fascination. The bit of humming was the only noise save for various beeps and clicks, until Nokra decided to break the ice.

"You know, ma'am. You're not that scary when you act like a normal humanoid." He said with a small shrug; Atrix swiveling to face him with a raised brow.

"...I am a normal humanoid. Do you mean to think I'm a defected humanoid?"

"Humanoids have only one set of arms and legs, from what I remember."

"Does that mean if I rip your arms from their sockets, you no longer count?"

"Point taken."

Atrix huffed and cracked each set of her hands, before standing up and arching her back; carapace creaking and groaning as she strained it. "Any other questions, before I retreat and eat something, you irritating boy?"

Nokra snorted and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, fucking sure. How does Mendez even handle dealing with sleeping with you, you fucking creeper." Atrix responded by holding up an arm and forming a circle with her fingers, before imitating driving all 7 other fists through the hole; Nokra snorting coffee out of his nose while she left.Atrix snickered and moved to exit the cockpit, waving a hand. "Your mating partner seems to like me. I could probably show her a more loving time than you could with all of these hands, too."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hyun sighed and rubbed her temples. It was back to the position of being a boss once more. Huffing and trying to think of things for the Felis to do, Hyun pushed herself from Ashi's bed and scratched herself, though when Rosalind's voice popped up that they had arrived, something rather critical had popped up. Trying to move the mountain of muscle and iron that was Shaldag on a stretcher. "If you think you can manage it, I need help moving Shaldag into the damn place. Don't fuckin' pop your back trying to be macho if you can't, either." Hyun growled, moving over towards one side of the stretcher and looking down towards Shaldag, who seemed to be asleep. Once more peeking to make sure he was still breathing, Hyun-chu waited for Fikri to see if he'd move to the other side.

"Magali, I guess you can help Ashi, if she'll be able to at least hop. If not we can come back for you, love." She said, nodding and looking towards the Daoweian. They couldn't have sent in someone stronger. The Terskixian could have at least managed to heave the Orgrunu. Or Assisted better than these two weaklings. "Fuck's sake, move your ass, Fikri. My friend dies, and I'm nailing each of you to the side of this damn ship, and driving it into the fucking ocean.

Old Posted 04-07-2018, 12:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Rosalind squinted, trying to see past the rain that was pelting her in the face as she stepped forward, grateful that the building provided at least a little bit of shelter from the rain. The peace of space was nowhere to be found on this planet of healing. Instead the wind hounded them with the sort of tenacity that seemed only to speak of bad omens. The word “doctor,” however, brought Rosalind back to where she needed to be, with her feet on the ground and in front of those angelic beings. “There's two, ye'll be wantin' t'focus on the man first; 'e took the brunt of it. The lass's stable. Ah believe m'crew is already on et,” the woman said.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Mendez snorted. Most of the guys he knew hated finding out that one of their friends slept with their current squeeze, but Mendez was never the type. As far as he was concerned, everyone brought with them their own baggage, and if some that baggage was shared with one of his friends it didn't matter much. The past was the past. “Well, it's good that you got it out of there alive, amigo. There's been more than one instance where I didn't know if I was gonna make.” He blinked, shaking his head, “Survive. Being hunted. Hoo boy. What determines how long that lasts before she lets me?” He couldn't help but laugh. What an absurd situation that he'd found himself in. A partner that he knows is liable at any moment to rend his life from his body, and here he was yearning for just one I love you.

“Well. Magali maybe, but Nokra was forced to fight. Not love,” Mendez said, “He only looks like he's the least threatening. Magali took a special kind of endurance.” He shook his head before standing up straight to massage his neck, “So long as I get to see it too, amigo. Then, I'd prefer one last session with Atrix. See if maybe I can get her to finish the job instead. That way it'd at least be a little bit more prepared for. It's probably better to try than just wait around and get caught. Even if Atrix and I wanted to leave, we've been seen with you. Looks like I'm fighting for half my homelands regardless of never actually seeing it.” Mendez was a liminal being, he realized. Not quite completely human, but not complete Edensian either. He had reason to fight for Edensia, sure, but that reason was twice removed. Survival was the key, but now the two were tied. It seemed fate wanted him to carry out his mother's fight. “Well, here's to hoping we live long enough to find out, si?”

Mendez shuddered, not wanting to let himself imagine what the three went through. And they'd lived. That was the most amazing part of it, if this creature was as bad as Riola was saying. He saw many of his friends die by that thing's hands, and all three Shaldag, the Princess, Hyun...they lived. “So you don't think the grenade killed it then?”

With the ship now open and everyone attempting to figure out how to transport the injured Mendez looked to Riola, “I know we can't help with Shaldag because we're ah...related in some sick way...to the people that attacked him, but once they transport him, we could help with the princess.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Fikri was at unease looking at the bulk of man that was meant for him to carry and shook his head. He wanted to try, for Shaldag's sake, but no amount of adrenaline was going to make him strong enough to bear the half-metal man's weight. “I'm not strong enough, not with only two of us --” Fikri started, debating with himself if he should try anyway if only to appease Hyun.

Magali gulped, “Y-you asked for the other felis...I...I didn't ask. I'll go ask Atrix now.” With that, the pale felis bounded away into the cockpit--

--Just in time to catch Atrix's last statement, turning red. She shook her head, reminding herself why she was in there, “Atrix, you're requested to help with the injured's transport.. Of course, there's ah...room for you to reject, but the Edensians were attacked by him, and Fikri says he isn't strong enough. You're the strongest we have...please.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=

Ashi took a deep breath and watched as Magali scampered away, “She's not going to be able to carry me. Daoweians are taller than felis by nature; we weigh more. I can endure a bit longer while we get Shaldag to the pools. I'm stable – he isn't. And Fikri...thank you, for admitting that. If he was dropped and that was what it took to kill him...Well, I would have killed you myself.”

Fikri gulped, “Ehm...yeah, no problem.”

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 04-07-2018, 04:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #87  
While the rest of the nurses finished preparing stretchers and bags of saline and other chemicals; one of the doors to the hospital opened up; a thin, green colored woman stepping out and clicking several things on her datapad; before her sights were set on the Pyra. The woman moved over towards Rosalind; where her lack of features and wispy, plasma-coated skin looked like living fire. The same species as Toka. Coughing and then extending her hand the woman cocked her head to the side. "Analoka. Bring me up to speed. Injured, yes yes. Species? Focus on the male first." Her sentences were jumbled and hurried, as if she was trying to get the information stored in her head while she waited for the injured. "I assume the matter of payment and funding will be discussed when they are no longer critical."

==-=-==-==-==

"I mean, her people don't really. Have a notion of love in their bones. She's probably still adjusting to the whole, not dating a Terskixian. If anything, she might take it easy on you." Riola said, at a loss for words for consoling his fellow Edensian. Sucking his teeth, Riola snapped his fingers and offered him the only thing he could think of for winning Atrix's favor. "Turn the tables on her. Try hunting her down instead? I feel like she'd enjoy a guy willing to take charge, even if he knows she'd probably break him in half. It's hard to say. Important thing is she isn't eating your guts in front of everyone. Can always try and get her to say 'I love you' in private too." Riola let out a deep exhale, and grinned. "There's always just...You know. Reading up on her kind too. If anything you can probably find something to throw her off guard."

Shivered at every possibility that Riola could think that she might have past experiences with. There was a beauty in Magali that Riola had definitely noticed, and it was that kind of innocence and grace that led to men and women into doing rather horrid things to try and claim that spark in their debauchery. Shivering the Edensiand gave Mendez a slow nod, before patting himself and groaning, forgetting he was out of cigarettes. "Atrix has at least a buy into surviving. She can just turn sides. Bounty Hunter after all." Riola said, shrugging her shoulder and then grinning. "Hell, she could just ask for you as a slave and keep you if it means you both get to leave if you want. I'm not gonna keep you here." Reaching over and patting his shoulder, Riola raised his brows and offered Mendez a small smile. "Half-Edensian is still Edensian, hermano. And my home is still yours. I want you to be able to see Edensia. It's beautiful. Worth fighting for, at least in my eyes. We're gonna live long enough to win too. Si, si. I'll make sure of it. Your little future aranea-kids can run freely there, and torment the rest of us."
"Grenade? Probably managed to at least keep it down long enough to escape. Though it took Shaldag keeping it near him to do it. Not the best way to win a fight and come out alive, but I guess being more machine than meat helped a lot. " Riola uttered, itching the back of his head and looking towards the rainy exterior, Riola let out a whistle and then flared his nostrils. "Can help her, yeah. Wish we could do something about Shaldag though. Sure rain and wind hitting organs and live, exposed internal cybernetics isn't gonna feel bueno."

==-==-==-==-==

Hyun did her best to try and heave the Orgrunu with Fikri, though it seemed futile for now. The man, even with chunks of him missing was simply too massive and letting out a litany of curses, Hyun did her best to hold her anger until Magali left, before pulling out her shotgun and firing it at the wall, the gun clicking empty, to which the Chuzizian hurled it against the side of the room as well. Shaldag had carried both of them. And she wasn't able to do anything for him in return? She felt.

Weak.

Weak like the stupid Felis in front of her, and with balefire in her eyes and sulfur in her tone, Hyun glowered at Fikri - noseslits flared before she tried to lift him again, though she had to set him back down; Shaldag coughing and sputtering. "If you're not gonna help me then fuck off, I can drag him or something. Fucking useless race of cats. Fucking slave stock. Move my fucking girlfriend then. Better her killing you than me. I'd take my sweet time with your ass."

=-=-=-=-=-=

Nokra looked at Atrix with a powerful glare that would have peeled the paint off of the room behind him. He opened his mouth but soon closed it when he noticed Magali's appearance, the male felis burrowing his head in his shirt and wishing Atrix and himself just dissolved into nothingness right then and there. "If you need me, just holler or something as well." Was all he managed to pipe up and say, all the while Atrix crossed her arms and sneered at Magali with her request.

It took a moment for Atrix to sigh in response, before reaching over and scratching the Felis' ears a few times. "If you need me, then I'll help. Just be prepared for weapons to be aimed on me. I told Rosalind that my kind isn't particularly welcomed here, but if the situation is desperate enough, then I'll do it." She said, draping the scratching hand down to her shoulder, and wrapping an arm around her. "Lead the way. Love." She said, Nokra glaring at the Terskix as she looked back and clicked her mandibles, before smiling innocently at him.

Once they were out of sight, Nokra kicked the pilot's chair as hard as he could.

"Fucking bitch."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Atrix was quick to just help usher Shaldag out into the rain, the Terskix managing to heft the Ogrunu in all of her arms; though the woman seemed to have to brace herself, and the walk with him was slow and ended in a few near-falls. "Too much metal in this one. It ruins meat." She mentioned offhandedly, finally getting Shaldag out through the doorway and turning to the other three. "Help the Daoweian. I have this one. Though I'll be a bit slower when it comes to the rain, so I don't slip and fall with him."

Old Posted 04-13-2018, 09:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Rosalind's eyes were immediately on the tall, thin woman, needing to look up to see into her eyes. Rosalind cleared her throat, “The male is Ogrunu, the female is Daoweian. Fundin' won't be a problem if ye can keep 'em alive. More if they come back in good condition.” She scratched the back of her head as she cast a glance to the open door, her red hair flying wildly as rain pelted her face. She hoped the rain wouldn't cause the wounds to bleed more profusely. Though she hadn't seen either of the wounded since take off, she feared the worst and couldn't even begin to imagine how much blood was lost between the two of them.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Mendez sighed looking down. Of course he managed to fall for a woman who couldn't love him back, who couldn't feel love. It was just his luck. He'd suspected, but hearing it out of someone else's mouth seemed to cement it there for him. At least the sex was good. There was that. That, and he had a powerful ally should things go sour. “I'm...unsure of how she would take that, hermano. She might take offense and then I will die. But then, a punch to the face earned me a few more days of life, so I guess it's worth a shot.” He shrugged and clapped his hands together, trying to make it seem like he cared about the topic a little less than he did.

“Yeah,” Mendez muttered, “I suppose you're right about that. She will probably outlive me by a long time, but if I can convince her to like me, I'll end up surviving other people, if nothing else.” He laughed, making light of the fact that if he ever died of unnatural causes, it at least wouldn't be from anyone other than Atrix. If he was killed? There would be hell to pay on their part. “I'm not going anywhere unless she does, hermano. But there's money to be had here, what with Hyun and Rosa's deal and all. They were loaded between the two of them, and like it or not, they were both being hunted by the same people. Riola by the Edensians, Ashi by the Daoweians, and the two were likely forging an alliance which doesn't bode well for any of us. Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if Atrix tries to play both sides.” He shuddered, an image of Clyde popping into his mind based on Riola and Ashi's description of the creature. That thing by itself was enough to elicit fear, but two sets of bounty hunters as well? They might as well just gut themselves now. “As far as being Edensian goes? You can tell them that. Not that it matters much for either of us in their eyes, given the fact that we're men.” He shook his head, sighing. At one point, seeing Edensia had been his greatest dream, everything he'd ever wanted. Edensia sounded biblical. A garden of perpetual joy, beauty falling at every corner. That dream fell with his parents, later his grandparents. He'd inherited the gift of long life from his mother, but knowing that they died of old age didn't make matters any easier. He'd lost any place to call home, and Edensia was not going to welcome him with welcome arms.

The humans were scattered from one end of the galaxy to the other.

His home simply didn't exist. “Yeah, thank fuck for that. If he was straight organic? I doubt we would have seen him come through those doors. I do too. Fikri isn't the strongest of men I've seen, and Magali won't be of much help in that department...Ugh. If only we could find a way to stop his ears and block his vision.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Fikri shook his head, taking her dagger-words with grains of salt. She's stressed, he told himself, bowing his head, ears pressed flat. “It's not that I don't want to help,” he explained, the pinnacle of patience for one who was on the verge of potentially losing her best friend, “It's that if my muscles give out and we drop him, that's not exactly the best for a man in his condition. Look at him, he can't take any more bumps and bruises. I'll... I'll help with Ashi.” The felis's voice shook, but he moved to the princess with resolve, glancing at Hyun and hoping her attention would be back on Shaldag, picked Ashi up. She grimaced, but placed her good arm around the back of Fikri's neck to aid him.

“I'm in no condition to kill you, Fikri, don't worry,” Ashi said, mustering a smile. Fikri, under other circumstances, would have returned it. Now, he just nodded and prayed that Atrix would accept Magali's request.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Magali stood there with wide eyes and a drooped tail, not sure of how Atrix was going to take her request. She'd dealt with female terskix before, somehow avoiding the males. Those were some of the species she was always drugged the hardest for, and while she could rarely remember what happened most of the time, she'd come out with scars – one in the curved shape of teeth on her side. It was a miracle she survived, she thought. But she closed her eyes with one of the hands reaching out to scratch behind her ears and even pressed into it as if operating on instinct. “Th-the situation is...situation is desperate enough,” Magali stammered, lacing and unlacing her hands and looking up to Atrix with pleading eyes, “The Ogrunu tried to get at Mendez after hearing his accent, so the Edensians can't help. Fikri isn't strong enough so he's helping with the princess. You're the strongest I could think of...”

She gulped, daring for a moment to look towards Nokra, shooting him a half apologetic look – not being able to stop and talk to him - and nodded, “They're this way. I'll explain to them that you're helping carry him...If I work as a messenger, that will make it easier, right?” Magali already turned to lead the way, all but running to the medbay. “She said yes!” she said happily, “It's raining very hard out there...I can try to block it off with a tarp or something?”

“There's a couple in the storage,” Fikri said simply, casting a look to the ogrunu, “But there isn't time. If you can just...I don't fuckin' know, hold a blanket up in front of him or something? Try to block the wind as best as you can?”

“Got it,” Magali said, nodding. With Atrix in to help with the burden, they could make it in. It would be hard, but they had to make it.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 04-16-2018, 04:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
Default   #89  
not a slave,but there is no harm is sleeping on the floor.many chance happen in it. so many activities can be happen in these technique.This article are truly amazing.dell customer support provide best post in this technique.
Old Posted 04-16-2018, 07:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Rosalind's search for eyes on the doctor would be in vain; the woman's head nearly featureless, if only for the plume of glowing emerald plasma that seemed to be held in place with gravity. Gloved hands tapped relentlessly on a datapad and the woman grunted and cocked her head to the side. "Curious though. We got reports of a Daoweian criminal possibly coming by. Well regardless, her legality on another planet is not my concern. I treat the injured." She said huffing and rolling her mass from one hip to the other. "So long as the funding is not an issue, I'll make sure they're back to walking on their feet in hours. Maybe a day depending on the severity." Analoka chimed with a small chuckle.

Day One on the job was proving to be quite interesting.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Riola was quiet as Mendez replied to his notions; the carefree demeanor was something Riola hadn't expected when it came to the topic of the one Mendez was fancying. It seemed a bit fake, shallow even but the Edensian couldn't do much, nor did he wanna stir the pot by calling the Halfbreed out on it. Inhaling the air and letting it swirl around in his lungs, Riola then exhaled and finally broke the silence. "Well hey, 50/50 odds you get something you really want, or you get spared dealing with a life on the run. I'd take it and go for it, hermano. But that's just me." Fidgeting with his fingers, Riola cursed a bit in Edensian. "Remind me to fucking buy some smokes out there when I can. I'm getting nicotine-shakes."

"No shame in hiding behind her while she murders everything in her path though. How do you think I lived with her, amigo? I can fight, but I'm sure as hell not a crackshot, or as durable as her. I just lob grenades and hope for the best." Riola said with a bit of a dry, stale laugh. "That's a horrific thought honestly. Not to be that guy, but if she ends up playing both sides, and one of them finds out, there'd be hell to pay. Not to threaten your spider, but if she's intent on betraying us at some point, I'd rather you both part ways. Don't wanna have to try and double-tap you while you sleep." It was grave tidings, and Riola would never wish it to come to that. If only because he knew he could fight one or the other. But Mendez and Atrix? He might as well just blow his own brains out. "That kind of attitude is how men ended up in this situation in the first place. Apathy and shrugging it off led to us being exterminated. Cut it out." Riola snapped, his eyes incensed with anger as he glowered at Mendez. "Giving up being able to visit the homeworld. I've seen people in my line of work get killed by one another over that kinda talk."

"If that boy was organic, we'd be feeding him to Atrix by now. The day I see something live point-blank with a grenade is the day I walk up to Nokra and tell him I'm gonna drag his little Felis squeeze into bed with me and Rosalind." Riola snorted, crossing his arms and giving Mendez a wry look; eyebrows waggling while he tapped his foot as he waited for the wounded to eventually come by. "I mean, we can hope he's passed out. Not the best thing to say, but if he's asleep we can help out before he wakes back up and they dip him in...Puta madre, what's it called? Verdaqua, that's the name of the pool liquid."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hyun snarled at the Felis' response and opened and closed her hand like a mouth talking, mimicking the Felis and fighting to contain every ounce of rage that was spewing out of her mouth. "Meh meh meh, meh meh. I'm weak and can't lift a fucking man. If you're worried about dropping people here's a fucking tip. Don't." The Chuzizian moved over to her hurled weapon and tucked it back into her coat while Fikri moved Ashi, the magenta-colored woman eyeing Fikri and then scanning Ashi for any signs of more discomfort than she really needed to feel.

Now it was a matter of getting Shaldag out of the room. And while she half-hoped the Terskixian was going to be helping, she knew enough about them to know how much they gave a damn about the wounded. And if there was so much as a single bite taken out of Shaldag, Atrix was going to have to remove some severed arms out of her ass when Hyun was done with her. Shaldag didn't deserve half of the shit he had gone through, and she knew it. Resting a hand on his forehead, Hyun waited for Atrix and when she came, moved backwards to let her handle the man.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"Fikri is right. There's no time. I can shield the Ogrunu as best as I can with myself, but ultimately, if he hasn't died now a little wind and some rain isn't going to leave him at death's door." Atrix replied towards the two Felis, the Terskix growling as she held the weight of the larger man and stood there while they discussed everything. Each second they lingered trying to figure out how to minimize the damage the weather might do was another second she'd end up putting him on a butcher's hook for later consumption. The lowermost set of hands on Atrix moved from Shaldag and positioned themselves on her waist, before scooching down and bending her legs so Magali could at least attempt to cover his vitals with a blanket like they had wanted.

Everything seemed to be in order, so the Terskix began the arduous task of carrying the Ogrunu towards their destination (A small kiss blown towards Mendez when she inevitably passed them.) and when the Terskix reached the airlock, began to take her time with each step onto the wet ground - Eyes squinting and mandibles locked against her face when the wind and the rain began to pound down on her. It wasn't the warm, light rains that were on her homeworld every now and then. This was a different animal itself, and already Atrix was ready to burrow back into the ship when she could.

It was when she arrived at open doors that the hospital staff stopped for a second; turrets coming to life and painting the Terskix red with targeting laser and forcing Atrix to stand still once she had arrived inside, before huffing and looking to Rosalind. "Would you tell them to not murder me while I assist in handling the Ogrunu? Being shot helping wounded is not how I wish to die."

Old Posted 04-19-2018, 05:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #91  
Rosalind stared in awe at the woman's face. There were no eyes, so looking for a place to focus on while speaking was awkward to say the least. This was the second time she'd laid eyes on this species. There was one other, very recently. That girl that went straight to Shaldag. What was her name? “We 'ave the fundin' t'keep your lips tight. We jes' need some healin'.” Rosalind was all business, her face rarely betraying an emotion as to what lay on her outer exterior. The cockpit was where she felt the most comfortable, and having just come from the wind and the rain now standing in front of this powerful presence, she was a bit out of her element. She felt naked. “Count on the day, we weren't sure ef we were gonna make it.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Mendez could see that Riola wasn't buying something that he was saying, but then, Mendez didn't buy it himself. The idea worried him. Just once he wanted to hear those three little words. Just once he wanted to feel like what they had was something beyond the amazing sex they had in the bedroom. It was unlike anything he'd ever experienced. He'd been in relationships before, relationships where he was in the position Atrix was, in the position where love had was questionable. He knew how she felt then. He told himself that he would never become her. Now he knew exactly how she'd felt. Since, they'd gone their own separate ways, but separate ways with Atrix could possibly mean death. He reached into his packet and produced a pack of cigarettes, pulling one out and handing it to Riola, “Alright, but I've got you in the mean time. I doubt they'll be selling anything like cigarettes on a planet that encourages health.”

“I think that as long as you're proving of worth, she won't mind that she's playing the part of the shield. Shit, she's warrior caste, she probably understands tactics and different roles, and she's damn good at playing hers,” Mendez said. Honestly, it would be better to look at it that way. If she plays her role well, it made sense that she should expect the same from those close to her. “If you want me to be truthful, I hope she chooses to stay with you. She hasn't said anything one way or the other, so it's hard to say what she'll want. I'm just saying that I'll follow her regardless. But, I will push to stay. If only because one day I'd like to visit Edensia without a fear of being lynched for being male or...or the product of a straight, interspecies relationship – and one currently going through with another. It's just... an issue that feels so personal and so distant at the same time, does that make sense?” He felt like the liminal character, the rope in a game of tug-of-war. He had no identity that had ever claimed him, so why should he claim one? But then, maybe this was his chance. He forever walked in shades of gray. There was no black and white. “Why fly a banner that's never claimed me? I'd rather walk under someone whose had my back, and so far, as fucked as it sounds, that's Atrix.”

“Well, he lived regardless, so it's probably a good thing he was made half of metal, however shitty the story behind all the metal was,” Mendez said with a sigh, but it turned into a chuckle at the thought of the three of them attempting to make something work, “If you think Rosalind, or Nokra for that matter, would go for it, you're welcome to try, but I'm gonna stick with the weird shit I already experience,” Mendez said laughing. “Verdaqua? Like, hot water? Yeah, let's just hope we can because he's metal.”

=-=-=-=-=-=

Fikri looked down, clenching his jaw. His fists would have been clenched too, but at the moment his arms were around the princess and he needed to remain as stable as he possibly could. There were so many things he wanted to say, so many things he couldn't. Like the fact that “don't”ing was exactly what he was doing, he wasn't exacerbating the problem. Instead, he was helping with another. But the pink woman had something against he and the rest of the freed slaves and didn't see it. The princess, on the other hand, was trying to adjust to being held. Her body screamed in discomfort, but she knew that was no fault of the felis. She said nothing, biting back heavy breaths, praying that the walk to the pools wouldn't be far.

Magali shook her head, “You're right, and a blanket's fabric would just leave pieces in already torn skin. We're just going to have to move quickly.” She watched as both the princess and Shaldag were lifted and lead the way out the door. (Mendez's heart soared with the small hint of affection and he was beaming as he followed) They travelled across the bridge through the wind and rain and finally to the room that Rosalind and a star woman already were. She raised her hands and Rosalind immediately placed herself between the guns and Atrix. “She's with us. None of the rest of us were strong enough t'move 'im. 'E's too 'eavy. Please, once he's set in the pools she can go back t'the ship.”

Mendez raised his hand from the tail end of the group, “And I'll go with her.”

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 04-24-2018, 04:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Analoka was used to the rather obvious nature of Rosalind's gaze towards her. Her kind was a rare occurance to just about everyone, and while the looks and the occasional prods were something she had grown accustomed to, Analoka couldn't help but feel amused each time that it happened. Her furious fingers began to slow down, and setting the datapad onto her belt, the plasma-coated woman shrugged her shoulders at the Pyra, before moving over and circling her, giving her a rapid once-over as well. "You won't have to worry about loose lips. At least from me. I don't wanna get involved in whatever is going on, nor do I care which side is in the right. Treating people is what I do. No need for bribery." Patting Rosalind on the shoulder, Analoka nodded and flaired her pony-tail of plasma. "You're here now. So you've definitely made it. Average rate for recovery on critical wounds here is 93 percent, barring some rare complications. But none of them afflict the Ogrunu. Or your Daoweian associate."

=-=-=-=- INSIDE -=-=-=-=

The silence and venomous glares that Atrix was getting made her sigh, and raising her lowermost hands, nodding towards Rosalind and taking a few steps to have her carapace at least shield a portion of the Felis, before the turrets were lowered and several nurses rushed in to assist the Terskix, albeit with some hesitation while they tried to place him on one of the larger stretchers. Once Shaldag was placed properly, and seemed to be secure for movement, Atrix looked down at scarlet-covered hands and then felt out of place in such a sterile, clean environment. "He is set down and comfortable. For someone on the door to death. Unless I'm not wanted here or now allowed, I would appreciate being able to leave." Atrix hummed, clicking her mandibles a few times, only for Analoka to move to her and scan her up and down, then wave her hand nonchalantly.

"The Terskixian is free to stay here, so long as she surrenders her arms, and provides your Imperial Clearances." Analoka chimed, more towards the group than towards Atrix herself; the doctor getting concerned glances from her cohorts before she turned to face then and moved towards Shaldag. "Enough staring. Verdaqua pool seven, next to recuperation rooms 1132 and 1133. This work will also fall under nondisclosure acts, and you will all be terminated if you breathe a word of who they are." She barked, the Star Woman's hands on her hips while she began barking orders towards the rest of her staff. Once the Ogrunu was sent off on his way, Analoka began to move towards the rest of the group, this time intent on assisting herself once Ashi was brought in - the Star Woman moving over towards her and cocking her head, before waggling her fingers.

"Doctor Analoka. I'll be in charge of you and your Ogrunu friend."

Old Posted 04-26-2018, 07:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #93  
“That's just as well,” Rosalind said nodding, “We don't want to be involved either, an' we're wantin' na bring in as few as possible.” She'd come to the conclusion that she liked the woman. Blunt and to the point; she didn't waste time. Formalities were not Rosalind's strong suit, and she appreciated others bearing that sentiment. The touch on the shoulder took her by surprise, and she felt herself unwillingly jerking up. Something about the woman's appearance made her think she would hurt anyone she touched, yet she operated a dataslate without its melting. There was no reason why she shouldn't be able to. She wondered if the plasma had the possibility of ever hurting anyone, just as her fire did, and if it was simply a matter of mental control. Then, biology and the inner-workings of obscure alien species were not her forte. Machines were. “All I can say, doc, es that I'm thankful you're 'ere.”

=-=-=INSIDE=-=-=

Magali watched as Shaldag's groaning form was transferred from the arms of the Terskix to a stretcher by people who would be taking care of him. He was going to make it, and Atrix wasn't going to be shot today. Whether this was a good thing or a bad thing she was still trying to decide, but Atrix seemed to like her and she was associated with the felis that had saved her and Nokra from the bonds of slavery. He now had the chance to be something other than a fighter for others' amusement, and, she supposed the same could be said for her and her dreams. But, what did those consist of? She'd never given it thought, never entertained that hope. She stood there, lost on what to do or say. Imperial Clearances? Those sounded like things Master needed to deal with when taking she and Nokra anywhere off of Hazoo. Then, they were expected to stay quiet and hidden, but then, when one is bound the latter isn't up to them. She was placed in the precarious position of being one unknown by the larger galactic government, a non-person as far as identifications went. She and Nokra both were in this position.

Rosalind's lips pressed into a thin line, “Ah'm not sure we can do that. Ye see, the felis, excepting the brunette male dun' 'ave identifications. They're recently freed slaves and'll get their identifications on a later date. Atrix's likely t'not 'ave 'ers either as she's no longer directly workin' with the Empire.” The news should be good for them, as a Terskix without the Empire was significantly less of a threat. Still dangerous, but easily isolated and taken down without the threat of others at her back. “Et's up to you, Atrix. D'ye 'ave yer paperwork?”

Fikri pat his pockets, thankful that he'd kept his identification on him essentially since he got it. Pulling out the small card just in case it was asked of him. He didn't know how the entire thing would work with legitimate wanted criminals in their midst, and if this Dr. Analoka did take note of the names of all of those on board she could easily report them. If Ashi's being a bonafied princess wasn't enough, then Riola's being a bonafied terrorist, Mendez being a missing person, and Atrix's just existing might. He hoped Atrix would continue on the trend of well-behaved. They might waive any predispositions to betrayal. He watched as the medical personnel rushed to get the two injured in their respective pools, feeling his id in his fingers, slick against the tips. It was, after all, only a couple of galactic years old, and he hadn't needed to use it much. Still, the likeness of the felis was from a very different time. The felis on the card was smiling broadly, even after being told smiling for pictures was an old Earthen tradition. But, he couldn't contain himself. His getting his identification meant that he was no longer a non-person to the state and that he was a free man. That day was full of hope for a promising future, even if it was just a modest one working with Rosalind.

Ashi watched with wide eyes as the Star Woman approached her with waggling fingers. She couldn't help but think of Toka, yet the two of them couldn't be more different, cemented in image only by their unique looking species. The peculiar head cock sent a shiver down Ashi's spine, and for a moment, she wondered if she was recognized. Then she remembered her condition. She was covered in blood, and she was sure her normal pearly whites were now that dull crimson to brown of old blood as she hadn't had a chance to get cleaned. Coupled with the fact that by now it was common knowledge that she was dead, the chances of her actually recognizing the princess was lessened. Ashi cleared her throat, nodding, “Thank you. If...if you are the one in charge, please give first priority to Shal. But I'm sure you knew that already, huh?” Ashi mustered a smile, but it came out warped through a grimace. “Thank you for taking us in on such short notice...”

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 05-15-2018, 03:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
"Don't be thankful. Another doctor would be doing the same. Neutrality is a valued commodity here, no matter who they are and it's why this hospital has been so successful. Barring certain other species from being a minor harassment." Analoka hummed, the woman glowing a bit brighter for a second before she fizzled back into a dull green glow. "However, our only real worry when it comes to your anonymity and safety is when you leave. The moment your ship isn't touching any part of this facility, you're free game to anyone who would be hunting you down. I just hope you lot were not followed or there's going to be ships hovering and waiting for you."

//////

Riola looked around in the hospital and itched the back of his head when he realized how sterile the place looked, his dirty clothes and dingy fingernails seemingly breathing infection into everything he touched. At least he wasn't hands-on with the Orgunu. With all the grime he had on his body he would have added an infection or two. Though he had helped set one of the leg bones in the princess; Riola flaring his nostrils in thought. If that chica goes septic it might have been me. Best not to tell Hyun or anything. A set of nurses walking by caught his eyes for a second and he watched them whisper to each other about his friends before he shrugged them off, and sniffled a little. They could afford a break here. Maybe he could catch a bit of time with Rosalind now that the ship was docked, the wounded were being treated, and Hyun wasn't being a voracious cunt towards everyone.

Atrix looked towards the rest of the group for a moment and sucked her teeth, before using one of her lower limbs to bring out a small, circular slate the woman clicked, a list of data pouring down like a cascade in the air in the jagged, primitive looking text of the Terskixian, the bounty hunter repeated what was on the slate for the rest of medical staff. "Atrix Agryodes. Warrior Caste, should I return to service. Civilian number 132.232.33.66. Honored Year of Servitude to the Matriachy." It was more than a mouthful of words, and the Terskix seemed to repeat it almost instinctively, before the woman finally slid away her dataslate when the others seemed to be more than content. Analoka, listening to the tirade from Atrix crossed her arms and nodded towards Rosalind. "Freed laborers, yes. No identification of course. Felis unfortunately don't have much along those lines when they are given a chance at freedom. If anything, I could probably provide the couple with a means to at least get a foot in the door, and have identification. At least from the hospital."

One of the aides looking at and examining Fikri's identication papers gave him a warm smile, the human doing his best to treat the man with as much enthusiasm and warmth as he could muster, and shrugging his shoulders at the Felis. "You lot look awful, if you don't mind me saying. There's a cafeteria and a place for guests to lounge and clean themselves up, if you need it."

//////

"Technically I am in charge. There's a lot to do for the Ogrunu. The preparation team will be busy handling him. While I'm affluent in dealing with wounds, I'm not the most adept at dealing with cybernetic tech that has been..." Analoka gave Ashi a polite cough and tapped her foot. "...Jury-rigged. Those cybernetics would most likely have killed him if whatever happened to him to leave him critical did not. Those intravenous injectors weren't cleaned in years; pumping infection into his body along with whatever stims were flowing through him." A turn down the the left of the hallway and both Shaldag, Hyun-chu and some of the crew moved to their respective room; leaving Analoka with Ashi for a moment.

"It's my job. I have been bored lately, with everyone currently being transferred to other physicians. Not a lot of people wish to have themselves handled by someone who looks more or less like they're living fire. Assume we're gonna burn them." Analoka laughed, shaking her head. "Can't burn you while I'm wearing my body suit and my gloves. I'd have to take them off to leave a more lasting impression."

Old Posted 05-21-2018, 02:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #95  
Rosalind nodded, but kept her thankfulness regardless. Not all in these industries kept this same method of honor and many, she knew, would have sold them off in a heartbeat. They were wanted criminals – many of them, at least. And “princess” was no easy title to throw away. “'Ccording t'my radar, we weren't. But they'll guess we're 'ere if what actually hurt 'em tells our hunters what it saw,” Rosalind said shaking her head. “We'll be careful leavin' orbit, ma'am. Dun you worry about that.”

////////

Mendez walked over to Riola sensing his discomfort, and feeling some of that himself, clapped the Edensian on the shoulder and grinned, “Don't worry. We can clean up here. They don't exactly expect us to show up in our nicest monkey suits. It's a medical center and our friends are in critical condition. They understand, and if they don't they can suck it, si?” He fiddled with his own excuse of a wallet and handed over his identification to the same man taking Fikri's, and coupled it with his old work id for confirmation. He, at least, was clear. “You look like you have a lot on your mind, but we made it! For now we're in the clear! Just try to rest, hermano. Maybe sneak away with Rosalind.”

Magali breathed a sigh of relief when everything seemed to be in order and the Ogrunu was carted away to his own pool to be fixed. Maybe she could meet him as a whole person. The Daoweian (and she recognized this only because she'd served a few) was at least conscious, though she hadn't had much of a chance to see her for who she was either. What put them in this condition? she couldn't help but think. She'd been wondering since they entered the ship but had been too busy trying to keep them alive to ask. Hearing a bit about the Edensians, she wondered if the conflict on that planet might have been the cause of it, but the Edensians with them seemed to be alright. She lit up at the prospect of getting her own identification and refrained from grabbing the immaculate Star Woman's hands with her own bloodied ones, “You'd really do that? Really?” Her own identification. Sure, it wasn't a permanent exclamation of freedom or anything, but it would establish her as her own person, at least, on paper. “Can I...Can I clean up first?”

“That would...that would be good for all of us, I think. Thank you,” Fikri said, offering the man a tired, but genuine smile. The thousand eyed stare was still there, and likely would not leave for quite some time. But this place offered a brief moment's respite. It offered a sanctuary.

////////////

Ashi nodded along, grateful for the information that Dr. Analoka gave her. “I wasn't there for their creation, though I'm thankful that they've kept him up as long as they have. If he wasn't here, I don't know what I'd do, or Hyun for that matter.” She paused a moment as her face distorted to one of pain, but she quickly composed herself, “Is there...is there a way we can improve them? Or his health here?”

Ashi looked down sighing, knowing full-well the types of prejudice any given star traveler might possess, “You're not the first of your kind that I've seen if you can believe that. I...I know that your kind is good. The two of you set an excellent standard.”

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 05-24-2018, 03:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
"I hope so, hermano. The last thing I want is to be seen and noticed, and covered in filth. They'll think the whole rebellion and fighting Edensia isn't going so well." Riola said, forcing a small chuckle to escape before he ran his hands into his hair and rummaged into his pockets. The least he could do is have one of his ID's out if he got asked, and if not? He'd continue to just try and be as plain and uninviting as possible. Best to not cause any problems or attract attention to himself in public every now and then. Especially in one of the few places he could consider himself safe, at least. Mendez was right though. They were clear for now. And the mention of Rosalind brought about an ease that made his shoulders feel like air. "Y'know? You're right. Should probably bother her some more. Hope she enjoys coffee. I need about a gallon of it. Even though it's gonna make me paranoid."

Analoka looked towards Magali, the plume of plasma in the semblence of a ponytail crackling a bit with energy before the star woman nodded, and clasped her hands, reaching out to examine Magali's soaked hands. No wounds on her person. The Felis was probably just doing her best as a makeshift medical attendant. The injured were still alive, albeit one in serious condition, but it was probably desperate efforts and the Felis' willingness to get blood-soaked that helped keep the Ogrunu alive at least. Analoka wasn't too sure. "Well, if you want to clean up first, feel free. Once you're done, there is a clerk here. He does birth certification and other forms of personal ID's. I can't recall his name, but he's an Indrixian. Human-looking type. Vibrantly hued eyes. Pink. Find him and he'd help you." Analoka said, the brand along her face forming into a small smile before she whisked herself away.

The man who offered refuge was soon swept back into his own musings, and Atrix watched him go for a moment, moving over towards Mende and sweeping her arms around him; the Terskix resting her head on his and preening his scalp with her mandibles, while she cooed and offered small, loving Terskixian hisses while she looked over towards the group. They were tired. Demoralized. Wounded and if Atrix could take a small guess? They were scared as well. Un-Terskixian qualities, but they were outgunned and taken by ambushes. Several of her lower limbs traced patterns along Mendez's torso while she pondered trying to be...Sociable? Was that the word the humanoids used the most when it was small talk? "...You look dirty. And tired." Was the best she could come up, and narrowing her eyes for a second, Atrix tried again. "I mean. You look nice. For being tired."

/////

The room Analoka helped Ashi into was sterile, plain and modest. In lieu of a bed seemed to be a stark white tub, with several fixtures attached to it; the tub filled with a pool of lime green colored fluid that seemed tranquil and untouched - A zen pond that offered reprieve for broken bones and hellish wounds; Analoka humming and hefting the Daoweian over towards the pools; her tone monotonous and rehearsed as she explained for the countless time the process of using the pools. "The process for Verdaqua is simple, and for the first few seconds is going to be unpleasant. You will experience a frigid sensation, due to the fact the medication must be kept cold for the best possible results." She explained, cocking her head for a second and forcing back a sneeze. "The sensation will last roughly half a minute after which, everything is going to be somewhat numb. You will most likely feel me reset some bones and handle muscle back into respective places, but other than that, the feeling will be soothing once the cold is gone. Do not drink the Verdaqua. Do not splash it around like you're in a bath. If your species is voltage or electrical in nature, let me know now so I can ionize it properly without short-circuiting your neural pathways."

Analoka coughed again, a small politeness to add a further statement. "I will also request you out of your clothing. If you need assistance, I can send for someone, or help you myself."

Old Posted 06-17-2018, 07:43 PM Reply With Quote