Old Posted 07-04-2013, 04:05 PM Reply With Quote  
The One and Only
Default   #19  
It's always Neo isn't it
ono

Sergeant Pup
Old Posted 07-04-2013, 04:13 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
I wish I could be on and post more but I've had a full-time job this summer. ono

I don't know what Ari's theory on avatar sites is, but my guess is that people spend a lot less money on pixels than they did a few years ago, and on top of that the teenagers and young adults who grew up with avatar sites are getting older and having less free time for them. More people are quitting avi sites than joining them.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 07-04-2013, 05:48 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #21  
I hardly ever post here because the forums are so dead. I guess it's a viscous cycle in that sense.
Old Posted 07-04-2013, 05:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
For me, I'm in the middle of a move along with summer classes. There just isn't enough time in the day to be honest....I try to at least lurk and be around some, but even that has its limits.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 07-04-2013, 05:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Cheeky Monkey
Default   #23  
I lose interest. There's very few people to post with. Most of them I talk on Skype with. Often times, I find threads I frequented, I'm the last one who posted. On top of that, there is my job, housework, and projects I'm working on.

-Hiatus-
Leave a message.
Old Posted 07-04-2013, 10:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
ono...

I'll post with you Lio!
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 07-05-2013, 12:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #25  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid: View Post
I wish I could be on and post more but I've had a full-time job this summer. ono

I don't know what Ari's theory on avatar sites is, but my guess is that people spend a lot less money on pixels than they did a few years ago, and on top of that the teenagers and young adults who grew up with avatar sites are getting older and having less free time for them. More people are quitting avi sites than joining them.
Omg, did you invade my mind Lucid? D:<

But it's exactly that. The generation that was first introduced to avatar sites and grew with them is getting older and not having the time for them. While some of the younger generation is starting to get into them, but not enough as now avatar sites have to compete with things like motion sensor games, or 3D (maybe even 4D) movies and such, and a whole array of other entertainment that's being poured upon children.

The world's a-changing and I don't think we can do much about it. D:

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 07-05-2013, 12:39 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Yeeees. I invade mind. >:U
**wiggles fingers menacingly near Ari's ears**

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 07-06-2013, 12:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #27  
*flails arms around in wild fashion in hopes to get rid of Lucid's mind invasion*

Get away from me, you crazy weirdo! D:<

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 07-06-2013, 02:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Professional Monster Hunter
I too also work a full time job with ours all over the board so unfortunately I too can't find too much time to post these days it usually slows down for me soon but it can be hard to find time now as my time off is spent with my mizzy cakes
Old Posted 07-06-2013, 10:36 AM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
Default   #29  
Animal Crossing did come out too
That seems to be where a lot of people I know disappeared to in general lol
As for myself, yeah I finally picked up a job and it's an exhausting one, so when I'm off work I'm too tired to really hang out online -- I have to use that time to catch up on my art as I'm now getting commissions on a regular basis and have other projects my limited time has to be devoted to
It's almost like I've become a real freelance artist, I don't know what to do with myself :OOO
I always try to check in with Tris as much as I can, hopefully when I get more used to my work schedule I can devote more concrete time

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Last edited by Rem; 07-06-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old Posted 07-06-2013, 01:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Maybe school and work got too busy for everyone like mai school has gotten busier and I can't post abit! ; o ;
Old Posted 07-11-2013, 07:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #31  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestrade View Post
I hardly ever post here because the forums are so dead. I guess it's a viscous cycle in that sense.
^This post right here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioshika View Post
I lose interest. There's very few people to post with. Most of them I talk on Skype with. Often times, I find threads I frequented, I'm the last one who posted. On top of that, there is my job, housework, and projects I'm working on.
^and this post right here.

This all sums up of what I want to say, but I'll just add what I had in mind:

It's harder for me to get into the "posting mood" or "posting spirit" since there's less people to talk to...there might be some, but it's like...an hour interval before you DO get responses; resulting in me losing interest. It gets even harder since I live halfway around the world...I might be asleep while some of you (who do post) get into "chat frenzy."

The people that I used to talk to here are either banned, quit a long time ago, on a hiatus, and/or am talking to on skype.

Compared to a year or two ago, I used to have ten tabs open and people would FLOOD each of those threads, making the site livelier, same people would post on different threads, but we talked about different topics, which didn't bore us at all. It's at its liveliest when past events happened, it seemed like everyone was on coke or some other drug that made their hands post so fast xD.

...but now, I see this "Desert" scene where there's a tumbleweed rolling across the road.

It saddens me to see this wonderful site go [insert awkward cricket sounds here] ... because this is the ONLY avi site that I was able to stay for YEARS and created friendships (online) with different people, regardless of age, sex, location, race, religion, and what not.

...add the fact that I'd been busy. However, I do make sure to post if I do have the time... but then, it goes BACK to the whole "this thread is dead...meh," So lestrade said it right, it's a vicious cycle...and lio mentioning "losing interest" would be the result.

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 07-11-2013, 12:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Is Legen...Wait for it...Dary
yes rem blame animal crossing... that is kind of why im in poof mode... that and work and what not... i get on and post where i can everyday though
Old Posted 07-11-2013, 12:00 PM Reply With Quote