Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Best You Ever Had ;]
Default Clutter?   #1  
WELL, seems alot of people here don't care for it. xD Nor do they have similar ideals of clutter. c:
Currently, the avi I have? In my honest opinion, I don't see it as clutter at all because for me, clutter is a bunch of items shot together with no theme, no rhyme or reason.
To me, my avatar is very cohesive and smooth. At most, I would remove the scarf and something else for the neck. I honestly don't see it as clutter and at most, most avatars here are really bare.

What do you think clutter is? Why is it so disliked, avis like mine? xD Not to get angry, I just know alot of people see mine as cluttered and ugly, while I find them lovely and controlled. Preferences I suppose. c: <3

**11/25/2023**
I am Hobovampire everyone but here and I cannot for the life of me recall why. Sup.

Blaine says you should visit his:
Oh! The Possibilites: Art Shop~| Homeless Arts: Art Gallery |Splendida Giornata:Exchange Thread | Homeless Musings: Art Tumblr|

Old Posted 03-13-2011, 02:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
Personally, I like your current avi. The skin looks almost liquid, which is really cool.

To me, clutter is exactly what you said- just a bunch of stuff slapped together just for the sake of having it there.

I don't see clutter with your avi. I see a definite theme as far as color and design go.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 03-13-2011, 03:09 PM Reply With Quote  
The Best You Ever Had ;]
Default   #3  
Thank you, Reyo. c:
Yeah, I've even seen people where they were inch by inch covered but there was a definite ongoing theme. When there's a theme, I don't see it as clutter.

**11/25/2023**
I am Hobovampire everyone but here and I cannot for the life of me recall why. Sup.

Oh! The Possibilites: Art Shop~| Homeless Arts: Art Gallery |Splendida Giornata:Exchange Thread | Homeless Musings: Art Tumblr|

Old Posted 03-13-2011, 03:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
Thank you, Reyo. c:
Yeah, I've even seen people where they were inch by inch covered but there was a definite ongoing theme. When there's a theme, I don't see it as clutter.
I agree with you. I also see your avatar's theme and it does look well balanced. Personally I really like your current outfit and I don't see anything wrong with it, except maybe the scarf, but the scarf isn't really my favorite pose on Irlandeza's Blessing. However, it is a cute scarf =)
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 03-14-2011, 12:33 AM Reply With Quote  
The Best You Ever Had ;]
Default   #5  
I agree about the scarf. xD But yes! Same with yours. Yours is busy but lovely~

**11/25/2023**

Old Posted 03-14-2011, 01:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Squishy Blob
urs is not cluttered at all lol! i reckon cluttered is when ppl just add random colours and items on
Old Posted 03-14-2011, 03:34 AM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Default   #7  
      • i think clutter is when you can really see the
        the avi under all the stuff
        and it's just like a block of items

i like it!
        but eh it really depends if it's nice or nice. T:
        well if it's just a bunch of times thrown together
        then no
        it burns my face!

i want to clutter
        but i don't have enough items D8
Old Posted 03-14-2011, 04:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Banned
yours is lovely and trust me when i say this but if i feel its cluttered I tell them right off the bat.
<3
i like yours. its smooth and follows through very nicely.
Old Posted 03-14-2011, 07:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Default   #9  
There are many things going on on your avatar and it look great but the head part is kinda clutter. The bottom one is good! I myself like simple avatar, because I don't like stuff to be all over the place and my avatar must have balance.
Old Posted 03-14-2011, 07:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Always out of Sight...but Never out of Mind.
I really like avatars with mass amounts of items on them...matched or not. I mean, I would prefer to see cluttered avis with rhyme and reason, but it's not required for me to like them.

Simple avatars seem nekkid to me.
Old Posted 03-16-2011, 11:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Police Force
Default   #11  
I like both simple avatars and ones with a lot of items... as long as the items aren't put to haphazardly that I feel like gouging my eyes out.
Old Posted 03-16-2011, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
I'm not a fan of avatars that have way too much going on... Especially when it's stuck together for no other apparent reason than "Ooh, I like this item! Add it!" I tend to use what I call "The Three Rule". Three colors or three items of the same color (usually one each at head, midsection, and feet). Threes tend to balance things out. If one item is smaller, then you should try and balance it out with another. Gives balance to an avatar.
I am a female. Therefore please use 'she'.

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 03-17-2011, 09:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #13  
Things become cluttered to me in two ways:
Firstly avatars are in this invisible "box". When the positive space (filled) overwhelms the negative (empty space) then I feel it is cluttered.

Secondly is like you said. If an avatar is thrown together with barely a thread of reason then it feels cluttered.
Old Posted 03-17-2011, 12:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Little Monster
Cluttered avi's to me are a bunch of expensive items thrown together, even if they do match. Also those that don't match at all. I'm more into the simple avi's, I usually dislike a lot of items on an avatar.
This is Madness!!
Madness!? This is TRISPHEE!!

No H8
Old Posted 03-18-2011, 02:07 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #15  
I enjoy cluttered avatars as long as they flow, or have a color scheme. xD If it's just a bunch of colors/items together, that clash with one another, I'm not a huge fan.

But, I do enjoy yours. It's Red, White, Green, and Blue. There isn't just one random purple item, or something like that, so it looks good to me.
Old Posted 03-20-2011, 10:26 AM Reply With Quote  
R-Rated Fortune Cookie
I don't think you've seen our Clutter Claus, but yours is certainly not so. As the ones above me have said, there's a lot going on, but I wouldn't call it cluttered. It flows nicely together, the black and red stripes accenting a lot of the little details in it. And then the green adds a different surface. I like it a lot. >u<

✤The Nova Knight, EXPLOSION WEEKEND✤
-Seme of Poggio-|*Ixtab*|-Coro's Closet-

No one can whistle a symphony. It takes an orchestra to play it.

Old Posted 03-22-2011, 08:45 AM Reply With Quote