Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Fresh meat :D
Default Final Fantasy   #1  
Which FF character do you love? Mine is Genesis

Ashy has slightly commandeered this thread!

Now also including favourite FF games :P
Last edited by Ashy; 09-21-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old Posted 09-17-2012, 07:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Capitan Marvelous~!

I love Rufus and Reno, I also happen to cosplay as Reno from time to time on site.

I am the manry-est of men!

Nikko's Cosplay's,Nikko's Cosplay Cafe, Dapper Dreams Joint Venture
Cosplaying: N/A
Reyo is my Tropical Mistress ~ <3, Lucid is DELISH and the best nana ever!
Is known as Black Japan - Hetalia

Nikko is a beautiful prince.
Old Posted 09-19-2012, 03:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Your Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
Default   #3  
Reno and Vincent Valentine <3 they are amazing..
"Cause I've been falling apart in the pouring rain"

"I'm waging war on myself. A captive causality"

""

"Traded a merciful heart for a murderer�s brain
But now I curse what's in my head
Because I can't stop seeing red"
Old Posted 09-19-2012, 04:52 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Haven't played enough FF games to really get and idea. I've only played and watched 9 and Tactics A2 at length, and some of 7 and 13. The rest I know from chat. Right now, I'd probably say Balthier as far as named characters go, (though I get a kick out of Al Cid ;)).

My real favourite is my numou wizard Leamond in my A2 game. ;). Course he's randomly generated and probably doens't count.
Old Posted 09-21-2012, 02:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #5  
I have no idea who my favorite character is though. Oh I kinda like Beatrix from IX, I like how you fight her a bunch of time but never beat her, and that's cool because everyone say's she ubber strong and mercyless. Oh and she shares a certain particularity with me, so yay for that. I kinda wich she would join the party eventualy, but oh well. Also, that whole part with the love letters with Steiner was pretty hilarious too xD

Buuut for the games, it's pretty easy. III/VI (stupid naming scheme), IX (insert Nein joke) and, oddly enough, X-2. Although, to be honest, I think the story portion of X-2 is utter crap -.- The gameplay is the best in the entire serie for me (And the game can be so broken with an alchemist and 2 dark knight, it's not even funny). Still my number 1 favorite is III/VI, because you can suplex a god damn train WOOOOOO!
I don't even
Old Posted 09-21-2012, 04:29 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
I have no idea who my favorite character is though. Oh I kinda like Beatrix from IX, I like how you fight her a bunch of time but never beat her, and that's cool because everyone say's she ubber strong and mercyless.
Really? I hated that! She lived just to make you use up your potions and supplies because if you didn't put up a good enough fight she just killed you instead of the "you all suck! 1hp left" thing she does.

The love letter thing was pretty funny though.

I think from 9 I really did like Zidane best as far as leading guys go (Vaan bugs me), though Vivi was cute and I liked the black mage story that had going.

I watched my friends mostly play the game but I was the one who got through the card tournament and won all the prizes in the chocobo game. I spend too much time on short, frivolous things.

My sister gave me a copy of FF9 for Christmas but I haven't played it. Been ages since I got my consoles out. I'm still remembering characters from that game.
Old Posted 09-21-2012, 06:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #7  
Actualy, speaking of 9 characters, I'm still confused as if Quina is male or female, because it can equip a female only accessory but I'm pretty sure it was refered as an he somewhere.

As for lead characters... I think my favorite would be Terra from 6, but it's hard to tell in this game because there's no real, main main characters. There are major important characters, but no real main, it's kind of strange in that way.

The others main from other FF are kind of m'eh to me. You can't really count 1-2-3 (the actual ones), Cecil from 4 I just couldn't get to like him in any way shape or form, Bartz from 5 is just kind of there, Cloud from 7 I just never even could get in the game and I did try numerous time, Squall from 8 was okay-ish I guess, but I wouldn't say he's my favorite, Zidane was... Actualy, Zidane would be contender for number 2, Tidus from 10 I don't even want to go there, 11 is 11 and 12 I like 7 to me, so screw what's-his'face mini-van I forgot. Oh yeah, and there's 13 too, with is basicaly a female mix of Cloud and Squall (don't ask me how that works). And the -2 games I still haven't played 13-2 even thoush I have it since forever and X-2 I guess I kinda like Yuna, but again, X-2 story was dumb.

I love the mini games from X-2 and the side quest. Paine side-quet should have been the real story, I say, THAT was interesting and pretty cool. I love the sphere break game too, way more than the card games from the others game. The gauntlet was pretty fun but I suck at it <.<

Also, the thing I love about 9 is that it goes back to the older style, like FF1, in a way. I think a lot of people were put of because of the uber SD character design, and I actualy find it pretty fun to watch personaly. And there's still the awesome music :D

Thinking back though, I think I'd change my vote for favorite character to Cloud of Darkness, only because I arbitrarily love her design and she's evil and whatever. And I have a thing for floating characters.
I don't even
Old Posted 09-21-2012, 07:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Lightning is way more complex than most people give her credit for :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 09-21-2012, 08:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Capitan Marvelous~!
Default   #9  

Oh are you talking about Cloud's original forum?

Old Posted 09-21-2012, 09:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
@Ashy, I don't know I got bored of 13 half way in or something.

@Nikko Hu?
I don't even
Old Posted 09-21-2012, 09:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #11  
This thread has an unacceptable lack of Tactics/War of the Lions. :P

I've sworn off FF, but I hold that one apart. It's just on a higher level from the other games, in both story and gameplay (but mostly story <3), in my opinion. I always end up coming back it and getting sucked in.

Special shout-out to 6, though. Was my first RPG ever and still one of my favorites. I just never find myself replaying it, for some reason. Kefka is a brilliant villain, though.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 09-21-2012, 09:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Professional Monster Hunter
i must agree with suze that 6 is amazing and kefka is by far my favorite villian from the FF's, though FF7 was my first FF and it holds special place in my heart i also liked FF tactics advanced but thats a whole nother story
Old Posted 09-21-2012, 11:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #13  
I don't think it's fair to fault Tactics Advance on its own merits as a game, since it's really not that bad. I would be fine with it if it wasn't billed as the sequel to the original. I was just disappointed in the shift in tone -- the setting of War of the Lions is just so rich and mature, I found it really frustrating that they chose to go in the direction they did with the sequel.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 09-21-2012, 11:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Capitan Marvelous~!

In the original concept of 7 Cloud and Sephy where to be women.

EDIT:

Lighting from 13 is Cloud's original look.

Last edited by NikkoGallarado; 09-21-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old Posted 09-21-2012, 11:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #15  
Tactic advance was supposed to be a sequel to Tactic on PSP? Since when? How? That's totaly new to me.

@Nikko that would explain the long hair.
I don't even
Old Posted 09-22-2012, 03:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Capitan Marvelous~!

Yeah it was crazy but last mini they changed everything and Cloud and Sephy where to be girls and Tifa was really ment to be a boy also.

Old Posted 09-22-2012, 11:20 AM Reply With Quote